Challenge #11: Aerie

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:56 AM

Gah! First it's the drow eyes and now it's avariel wings. I must be quite the ignorant lout :P . I COULD change it, I suppose, but I's in no mood to go back to some old sketch. Needs to move on, that I do :D .

Xav: Maybe it's just me, but I think all those little broken-up highlights in the hair kind of take away from the effect of it...well...being hair. It looks as if you had some more subtle patches and highlights and shadows underneath, though. Perhaps those along with some darker strands here and there might have sufficed...meh, it's a suggestion; I'm an ignorant lout, remember ^_^ ? Everything else looks pretty good, though!

Edited by Galsic, 20 June 2007 - 10:15 AM.

(I like parentheses.)

#42 Xav

Xav
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 10:13 AM

Any better? :ermm:

Attached Images

• aerie.jpg

Edited by Xav, 21 June 2007 - 06:27 AM.

#43 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 06:30 AM

i think it looks better. hair can be a real pain the butt to shade or color.
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#44 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:41 AM

I say it looks better, too. Kudos, Xav :) .
(I like parentheses.)

#45 Ashton

Ashton
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:50 PM

I don't think I'll have the time to draw a new picture of Aerie before this challenge is over, so I'm sharing some older pictures.

Posted Image

You can see more here.
hello I am Pigeon
check out my website

#46 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

Too cute! :D But the photobucket album is password protected. :(

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#47 Ashton

Ashton
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

Whoops! Okay, it's public now.
hello I am Pigeon
check out my website

#48 Zoraciel Ivtel

Zoraciel Ivtel
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 11:39 PM

If you don't know who's style I'm (lovingly) ripping off...well then, I'll have to hit you with something. Or just give you the link.
OOTS

In any case, somehow I ended up with this:
Aerie.jpg

Behold my Stick Figure skills!

*Edit- Some trouble getting the picture to actually show up.

Edited by Zoraciel Ivtel, 23 June 2007 - 11:42 PM.

#49 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 01:06 AM

Whoo! \o/ OOTS is the win, and your OOTS!Aerie is fantastic. :D The facetattoos look nice!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#50 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 04:00 AM

That... really does look a lot like an "official" OotS Aerie. :new_thumbs:

#51 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:01 AM

So does that mean you're volunteering to write an OOTS BG?
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#52 Zoraciel Ivtel

Zoraciel Ivtel
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 08:58 AM

So does that mean you're volunteering to write an OOTS BG?

Tempting...at the very least, I'll probably keep making them for this forum.

#53 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 10:00 AM

Here's Aerie that doesn't look like Aerie at all <_< Ah well, there's enough fine art in this challenge to make up for this.

AerieCh.jpg
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#54 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

I'd totally dig a Order of the Stick BG-Style. I can already imagine the board starring everyone's favorite captain, Saemon Havarian.
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#55 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:03 PM

Did two drawings today while gaming with family. Will post the results when BF is done with the scanner, in a day or so.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#56 Zoraciel Ivtel

Zoraciel Ivtel
  • 94 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 07:44 PM

I'd totally dig a Order of the Stick BG-Style. I can already imagine the board starring everyone's favorite captain, Saemon Havarian.

I'd need a decent picture of him to base it off of though...if anyone finds one though, let me know and I'll see what I can do!

Actually that goes for any pictures. OOTS-ifying people is fun.

#57 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 June 2007 - 11:55 PM

I must say that I LOVE Orthodoxia's style!
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#58 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 02:01 AM

Definitely pretty.
It's not exactly Aerie in shape, but it has some of the same feeling to it. :coolthumb:

Edited by WeeRLegion, 25 June 2007 - 02:01 AM.

#59 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 05:56 PM

All of the entries were splendid (wonderful work, guys!), but I liked Orthodoxia's the most. There is *something* in that drawing that makes you believe she is real; not really posed, not really detailed, it has nothing of artificiality in it. In my eyes, this girl could have really existed and enchanted some artist who made a quick sketch of her... Great work, Orthodoxia!

Edited by Alatariel, 25 June 2007 - 05:57 PM.

'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#60 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 25 June 2007 - 07:25 PM

This is the second of two drawings I did while gaming over the weekend. The first is better, but it isn't scanned yet.

Aerie and Gavin, "The Letter"

Attached Images

• GavinAndAerie.jpg

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum