94 replies to this topic

#81 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 22 June 2008 - 07:21 PM

Here are some new findings.

No crash in that Hlondeth Area (EAST)

Keldorn has an invalid dialog trigger with Rynn.

Keldor.DLG
Text 267

and the response (3) with !InParty for Mazzy and Viccy, it says the next dialog is Keldor.DLG no 22 and should be Rynn.DLG no 22 otherwise Keldorn goes into the "Oooh, Maria" parts where he accuses her of adultery.

This should be also applied on all other states that are getting appended to other NPC's dialogues.

APPEND KELDORJ
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_APPEND_KELa
SAY @40
IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("VICONIA")~ EXTERN ~VICONIJ~
CB_APPEND_VICb
IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("VICONIA")
IsValidForPartyDialog("MAZZY")~ THEN EXTERN ~MAZZYJ~
CB_APPEND_MAZc
IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("VICONIA")
!IsValidForPartyDialog("MAZZY")~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 22
END
END

APPEND VICONIJ
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_APPEND_VICa
SAY @44
IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("MAZZY")~ THEN EXTERN ~MAZZYJ~
CB_APPEND_MAZd
IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("MAZZY")~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 23
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_APPEND_VICb
SAY @41
IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("MAZZY")~ THEN EXTERN ~MAZZYJ~
CB_APPEND_MAZb
IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("MAZZY")~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 24
END
END

APPEND MAZZYJ
IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_APPEND_MAZa
SAY @46
IF ~~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 25
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_APPEND_MAZb
SAY @42
IF ~~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 26
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_APPEND_MAZc
SAY @43
IF ~~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 27
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_APPEND_MAZd
SAY @45
IF ~~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 28
END
END

Maybe one day I won't be so stupid but when I edit RYNN.D file in translate folder to match the above corrections I get parse error at LN 346 column 1-42 (something like that) and it is right where this is:

!IsValidForPartyDialog("MAZZY")~ THEN GOTO ~RYNN~ 22

So I have to install the old one and fudge with NI later.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#82 King Diamond

King Diamond

Give Me Your Soul...Please

• Modder
  • 1430 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 12:47 AM

Of course there must be "EXTERN ~RYNN~", not "GOTO ~RYNN~".... :P

(last update: 02-12-2008)
----------------------------------------------
SoS, v1.13
TDD, v1.12
TS-BP, v6.10
CtB, v1.11
RoT, v2.1
----------------------------------------------
BP Animations Scheme

#83 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 23 June 2008 - 07:17 AM

I was wondering about that <_<. Well I can edit it anyway later as I fixed the first one in game. I edited the Ranger dialog and WSITH01 to see if the Moonblade and spellsung dialogs will work correctly now. Also I am trying the new chores scripts so we shall see how they go.

THanks KD!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#84 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 25 June 2008 - 10:34 AM

Renstalled with new Rynn.d and Wsmith.d that I did and with no errors! Cool! We'll see how it plays.

EDIT:

Fantastic! The new chores scripts work every time. Brilliant work as always King!

Edited by Hoppy, 10 July 2008 - 06:59 PM.

- King Diamond

#85 -Fouinto-

-Fouinto-

Posted 06 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

Version 1.9

Includes Candlekeep Chores v2.1 and Chores Fast Forward v1.1.

Hi,

Since the aim of this thread is bug reporting, here is the one I encounter :

I have installed CtB on a fresh BG2+TOB+TOBpatch+bg2fixpack (all but CTB are french version).

In order to try this mod, I choose Single Player/new game/create a new character PJ
Then, if I choose a Sorcerer, a Mage (or any Mage based-Multi-class) the game crash to desktop (with no error) when assigning spells that my character will have when starting the game.
Further investigation shows that I can choose any spell but "Find familiar", the game crash exactly when my cursor goes close to the spell "Find familiar".

If I don't choose this particular spell, then everything goes well.

Hope this help removing this bug :)

Here is the log :
// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Correctifs principaux
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #3 // Correctifs en version BETA (consultez le ReadMe !)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #100 // Gain d'experience si on envoie Keldorn se reconcilier avec Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #101 // Animations des sorts amelioree
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #103 // Correction des dagues a usage mixte
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #104 // Correction des symboles divin (par Ghreyfain)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #106 // Penalite d'attaque des Geants contre les Petites-personnes, les Nains et les Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #107 // Retire la restriction de jumelage des Archers et des Traqueurs
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #108 // Retire le deuxieme attribut bonus pour le chemin Mauvais a l'epreuve de la Colere en Enfer
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #109 // Correction du comportement des demons convoques
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #110 // Correctifs additionnels pour les scripts
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #111 // Correction de la chanson du barde
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #112 // Les tueurs de magiciens provoquent un fourvoiement magique sur les attaques a distance
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #113 // Correctifs additionnels pour les alignements
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #114 // "Action libre" protege aussi contre l'etourdissement
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.9
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.1

#86 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 06 July 2008 - 05:56 AM

It's a known bug due to the french translation of BG2 Fixpack: the familiar's description is too long. More information on the Copper Coronet.

#87 -Fouinto-

-Fouinto-

Posted 06 July 2008 - 06:16 AM

Further investigation shows that I can choose any spell but "Find familiar", the game crash exactly when my cursor goes close to the spell "Find familiar".

If I don't choose this particular spell, then everything goes well.

Hi again,

I found that bg2fixpack is the one than introduce this bug (http://forums.gibber...showtopic=13183).

Sorry

#88 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 01:47 PM

I'm analysing the Company of Eight.
There's a little mistake between CBMONDROP.d (Sylvanus Moondrop) and CBHREDWN.d (Marylin Haresdown):

IF ~RandomNum(5,2)
Global("Cb_PartyAlliesWith_C_o_8","GLOBAL",0)
AreaCheck("AR2600")~ THEN BEGIN 9
SAY @12
IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~CBHREDWN~ 7
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 10
SAY @13
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

[...]

IF ~RandomNum(5,4)
Global("Cb_PartyAlliesWith_C_o_8","GLOBAL",0)
AreaCheck("AR2600")~ THEN BEGIN 12
SAY @15
IF ~~ THEN GOTO 13
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 13
SAY @16
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7
SAY @8
IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~CBMONDRP~ 12
END

The correct dialog should be:
@12 = ~See if you can hit the target. Haresdown thinks she's better than I am, but there is no way a human can be better with a bow than an Elf.~
@8 = ~I heard that, Elf. I'm as good with a bow as you are, and you know it.~
@13 = ~Any time you want to have a contest, Haresdown, I'll be here.~ (END)

So, CBHREDWN.d should be:

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 7
SAY @8
IF ~~ THEN EXTERN ~CBMONDRP~ 10
END

#89 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 02:08 AM

The quest 'Company of Eight' is finished. I've got two bugs to report:

1) In the Dragon Cult Stronghold, when you move area, the members of Company of Eight are duplicate. The quest's resolution isn't blocked by this, but it's very slow when you have 15 or 30 members...

See below (the first one), a save at the beginning of this quest.

2) One of the quest's reward (Ring of Dragons) doesn't work. When I use it, there's a particular crash: I can't do nothing, it's freezed. Even a CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work. I must shutdown the computer and restart it to end the deadlock.

See below (the second one), a save where you can use it - it is in the 4th member's inventory (design of a gold ring).

Edit: my test on CtB is finished. I enjoyed to play with this great mod ! Thanks Charles Bisson and King Diamond !

Attached Files

Edited by Graoumf, 26 July 2008 - 03:49 AM.

#90 cbockhop

cbockhop
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 07:17 PM

Upon completing the Secession quest, I returned to the Copper Coronet, and there are a bunch of taverngoers (including Sylvanus) who have all turned hostile.

My fix was to CTRL-Y all the hostiles and then re-spawn them via CLUA console; somehow blasting away Surly for 1149 damage just wasn't fulfilling...

Attached Files

#91 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 10:22 AM

1) In the Dragon Cult Stronghold, when you move area, the members of Company of Eight are duplicate. The quest's resolution isn't blocked by this, but it's very slow when you have 15 or 30 members...

This might be a scripting issue... someone might want to look at the area script(s).

2) One of the quest's reward (Ring of Dragons) doesn't work. When I use it, there's a particular crash: I can't do nothing, it's freezed. Even a CTRL+ALT+DEL doesn't work. I must shutdown the computer and restart it to end the deadlock.

Not sure if you reproduced the message (put Logging On=1 in your baldur.ini and it should display in baldur.err) but I think I can guess what it is. The ring is supposed to summon a dragon (:blink:). There's a 25% chance for a red, yellow, green or black dragon. Only problem is, none of these CRE files exists (a good thing IMO, except for the crash). Also, the ring says it has a limited number of charges, but it has 6 per day (six *dragons* per day??). Pretty sure that should be 6 total, so change the "Charge removal" field on cbco8rod.itm from 3 (per day) to 1 (expended).

From the 1.7 bug thread (and mentioned recently here)...

I'm not really sure this is a bug, but i guess it has to be. When i go to the cultist dungeon with the Company of Eight most of the cultists drop like 65000 gold pieces. :)
I had about 140k gold when i came here. Now i have like 880k. and once a cultist dropped 65533 unidentified gems!
i haven't finished the quest because if there's a fix i may play the quest from the beginning as i have a saved game just before this quest.

You mean 'Undead Ciltists'? If so, plz post here your WeiDU log - something has screwed you random treasure tables....

I think there's a couple problems here, but not with the tables - with the CREs and items. First of all, cbc8ctu3.cre (Undead Cultist) claims to have 6 items in NearInfinity, but only has 5. Since its 2nd inventory slot references a bogus item, you end up with garbage that'll crash DLTCEP if you try to edit the slot. Possibly all sorts of garbage (or even valuable stuff) in the game. You could try editing it in NI to enter a -1 in that field but you may need to rebuild them from scratch if it's still causing errors.

Now the other problem may occur if someone has Exnem Vault installed with CtB. CtB's CREs will spawn some of these items such as scrxx01, xpot001, etc. Well on my install, the "stack" field on these items is set to -25540 :blink:. The original items have a stack of 9999 but with some stack-increasing mods (such as in Tweaks etc.) this could well be raised (lowered effectively) to an irrational value. But the original poster didn't have this installed, so it is probably a lesser concern.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#92 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 09:16 AM

First of all, cbc8ctu3.cre (Undead Cultist) claims to have 6 items in NearInfinity, but only has 5. Since its 2nd inventory slot references a bogus item, you end up with garbage that'll crash DLTCEP if you try to edit the slot.

I ran an output log of all CREs with this problem from the Random Treasures mod component. These are the ones with the CB prefix (I did not distinguish between CtB and SoS).
Creature   Slot  Offset  Invalid value
CB285FT1   4	 1104	5
CB325EQK   8	 4128	4
CB351TGA   18	1052	255
CB4300GH   4	 1268	0
CBBGBER2   21	1402	5
CBC8CTU3   22	1932	5
CBHARPY2   21	1198	8
CBOWEN03   26	1208	8
CBOWEN66   26	1208	8
CBSCHOOK   21	1058	1
CBTBGPT1   22	3308	9
CBUHCUT1   8	 4128	4
CBWILLMS   4	 1024	1
CBYUSEFW   19	1594	7
CBZOMB07   18	1416	6
CBZOMB07   19	1418	7
CBZOMB07   21	1422	8
The Random Treasures component will fix these using a "brute force" approach - basically if there's an invalid item reference in a slot, it sets it to -1 (no item). You may want to double check these, but it should be an accurate fix judging by the output and the few I looked at (like the Undead Cultist).

The good news is there's only a handful of CB* CREs with this problem, out of a list of like 300 on my BWP install, and some other CREs are garbled far worse, where the slots don't even have rational values because the CRE order is fubared.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#93 tatterdemalion

tatterdemalion
  • 20 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hi there. I've been attempting to install my chosen mods on a new, patched install of BG2:TOB for a couple of days now, and I've been having a problem.

Ascension puts a file in Override called "FINBODH.dlg". Turnabout requires this file to be able to install. Turnabout kept telling me it couldn't find Ascension. So I started over again and checked the Override folder after each mod, and CtB was the one that removed many of the files from Override. It looks like it biffs this so later mods can't find it, causing installation problems.

I did not install anything before it except the patch, Ascension, and the Fixpack; and I checked the Override folder after the fixpack, so I'm confident that CtB is the one which caused the problem.

My OS is Windows 7 and I'm running this in a non-Program Files folder. There seemed to be a couple of "The system cannot find the file specified" lines in the Weidu terminal window.

#94 -Wise Grimwald-

-Wise Grimwald-

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:01 AM

I came across an incompatibility problem some time ago and can't remember if I posted about it.

Basically, any mod that changes Imoen causes the game to hang before the game even gets started. i.e. Imoen doesn't turn up and therefore it wrecks the game. This happens with Finnjo's sub-race mod and also with Imoen the conjurer. I would therefore suspect that it would happen for any mod that changes her.

I think that we could overlook it if she didn't look right at first, but this is a problem that cannot be overlooked.

#95 The Imp

The Imp

Not good, see EVIL is better. You'll LIVE.

• 5150 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:36 AM

I came across an incompatibility problem some time ago and can't remember if I posted about it.

Basically, any mod that changes Imoen causes the game to hang before the game even gets started. i.e. Imoen doesn't turn up and therefore it wrecks the game. This happens with Finnjo's sub-race mod and also with Imoen the conjurer. I would therefore suspect that it would happen for any mod that changes her.

I think that we could overlook it if she didn't look right at first, but this is a problem that cannot be overlooked.

weidu.log's content... and make sure that you have also the BiG World tools in use, so they sort out most of the known problems...

Yep, Jarno Mikkola. my Mega Mod FAQ. Use of the BWS, and how to use it(scroll down that post a bit). 
OK, desert dweller, welcome to the sanity, you are free to search for the limit, it's out there, we drew it in the sand. Ouh, actually it was still snow then.. but anyways.