CtB v1.9 Bug Thread

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:50 PM

Hello,

For the french translation, I'm analysing CTB with the .d and a test in game, and I noticed maybe one first mistake in the Chores :

BEGIN ~CBKHELCK~

IF ~GlobalLT("CbInterruptedKhelben","LOCALS",10)~ THEN BEGIN 0
SAY @1
IF ~PartyHasItem("POTN02")~ THEN REPLY @4 DO ~~ EXIT
IF ~~ THEN DO ~IncrementGlobal("CbInterruptedKhelben","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
END

IF ~Global("CbInterruptedKhelben","LOCALS",10)~ THEN BEGIN 1
SAY @2
IF ~~ THEN DO ~IncrementGlobal("CbInterruptedKhelben","LOCALS",1)~ EXIT
END

IF ~True()~ THEN BEGIN 2
SAY @3
IF ~~ THEN DO ~Enemy()~ EXIT
END

But there's no string @4 in the .tra file.
Anyway it's not very important because the dialog with Khelben finishes correctly after @1 (but maybe it's because I haven't got "POTN02"... I don't know what becomes if the PC has this item).

Edited by Graoumf, 14 January 2008 - 02:53 PM.

#22 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

If the BGTMusic Mod is installed prior to CtB & RoT for that matter it fills the Songlist.2da file. Thereafter when you try to install either CtB or RoT when the music themes are being registered, the installation recognizes the songlist.2da is filled and attempts to register the music themes in the GUI switcher mod. Both of these installations are choking upon trying to copy ~sound.tp2~ so the alternate registration never occurs.

Try to put BGT Music near the end of the entire installation order, since you are likely to remove it when you get to BG2 (unless you use the hybrid version I guess).

Yep,
Ascension64, I can confirm that that works after BG1>BG2 transition and all of the mods' music files are restored.

Graoumf,
What you are describing sounds like the special test for potion making or alchemy. That is one of the teachings after the 3rd day of chores. So the dialog should change to the next probably when the player has made the correct potions with the ingredients given at the test.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#23 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 09:37 AM

Graoumf,
What you are describing sounds like the special test for potion making or alchemy. That is one of the teachings after the 3rd day of chores. So the dialog should change to the next probably when the player has made the correct potions with the ingredients given at the test.

Ok, I'll see.

I've got another bug at the end of the 2nd day of chores. The PC is playing with Imoen in cutscene, and I'm blocked on it, just before Imoen is going to hide herself and the PC must count to 100. I saw in the forum it's a known bug.

Here is my WeiDU.log (only SoA+ToB+Official Patch+BG2 Fixpack+CTBv1.9) :

~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #0 // BG2 Fixpack - Correctifs principaux
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #2 // Pack du moddeur heureux
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #3 // Correctifs en version BETA (consultez le ReadMe !)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #100 // Gain d'experience si on envoie Keldorn se reconcilier avec Maria
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #101 // Animations des sorts amelioree
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #102 // Forger un objet par Cromwell prend reellement un jour
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #103 // Correction des dagues a usage mixte
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #104 // Correction des symboles divin (par Ghreyfain)
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #106 // Penalite d'attaque des Geants contre les Petites-personnes, les Nains et les Gnomes
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #107 // Retire la restriction de jumelage des Archers et des Traqueurs
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #108 // Retire le deuxieme attribut bonus pour le chemin Mauvais a l'epreuve de la Colere en Enfer
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #109 // Correction du comportement des demons convoques
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #110 // Correctifs additionnels pour les scripts
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #111 // Correction de la chanson du barde
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #112 // Les tueurs de magiciens provoquent un fourvoiement magique sur les attaques a distance
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #113 // Correctifs additionnels pour les alignements
~BG2FIXPACK/SETUP-BG2FIXPACK.TP2~ #4 #114 // "Action libre" protege aussi contre l'etourdissement
~SETUP-CTB.TP2~ #0 #0 // Check The Bodies, v1.9
~SETUP-CTB-CHORES.TP2~ #0 #0 // Candlekeep Chores, v2.1

And here is the save just before the bug: you must speak to Gorion in order the PC can play with Imoen.
Attached File  000000010_Fin_chores2.rar   61.46K   580 downloads

Edited by Graoumf, 17 January 2008 - 06:07 PM.

#24 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 06:05 PM

Graoumf,

I'm on it and I confirm that there is a problem. Look at the picture :

Khelben.JPG

The answer of the PC is the @4 of CBKHELCK.d that I pointed out. But there is no @4 in .tra file, and it seems that this dialogue isn't well implemented!
Anyway, the PC's answer doesn't make a crash, so it's ok, but it's odd.

If you want the save just before :
Attached File  000000015_Chores4_Khelben.rar   62.85K   554 downloads

#25 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

Re:Khelben; Yes, I see it now in my installation as well. Strange that the trigger is GlobalLT("CbInterruptedKhelben","LOCALS",10). I never noticed because I never bothered him. How one gets that potion also seems odd if it was not from the alchemy lesson.

Re:Imoen playtime; I was looking into that cutscene hang and noticed the first time (when it works) I talk to Imoen to play at HR12 or right at hour 13. Immediately after playing with her it is HR 18, time to talk to Gorion for lessons. The other days of chores take longer because of more milk or more scrolls, so one can't get to talk to Imoen before hour 13 and may be the cause of the hang. Just a thought , but I have no confirmation.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#26 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:00 AM

Re:Khelben; Yes, I see it now in my installation as well. Strange that the trigger is GlobalLT("CbInterruptedKhelben","LOCALS",10). I never noticed because I never bothered him. How one gets that potion also seems odd if it was not from the alchemy lesson.

I got the potion from the alchemy lesson. But yes, it's very hard to bother him like that, because that is to say that you have not to speak to Gorion at the dawn of 4th day (since he takes this potion) and immediately go to the 3rd floor to speak to Khelben...

Edited by Graoumf, 20 January 2008 - 09:01 AM.

#27 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:16 PM

Hello,
I tried to do the quest for mekrath (to get glasses of identification and rogue stone in order to obtain the "over spiritus"), but even when I have both items needed, I have just dialog option

1) ....
2) ...
3) "I have glasses you desired, but have not found a rogue stone"

even when I have the rogue stone.

When I decided to just kill him I got the book, but the Hare'dalis stays in his mindless state and the container behind Merkrath + that one where the planar traveling device is supposed to be can't be opened.

(Attaching weidu.log)

I tried to open the game with shadow keeper, and as I expected there were several versions of the rogue stone item, I added all versions to inventory, and one of them was the "correct" one and everything went smoothly from that point.

So it seems like this is actualy not a problem of ctb, but of some other mod making another version of rogue stone.

There are lot of duplicated items, most of it is not important for player as he will never find out, but for example extra healing potions has 2 versions so it wasn't stackable.

Would it be possible to make special mod that would unite some duplicated item types?

Is it possible to solve this via a tp2 script?

PS. This should be probably moved to some mega mod topic.

Attached Files

Edited by kovarex, 28 January 2008 - 12:45 PM.

#28 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 03:51 PM

At the end of Melynda's quest, the journal entry doesn't erase. So you have two entries (in quest and in quest done). The .d file which is concerned is CBSCHOOK.d.

Here is the save just before speaking to Melynda at the end of the quest :
Attached File  000000023_Mage_quete2.rar   192.68K   593 downloads

#29 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 08:01 AM

Hello,
I tried to do the quest for mekrath (to get glasses of identification and rogue stone in order to obtain the "over spiritus"), but even when I have both items needed, I have just dialog option

1) ....
2) ...
3) "I have glasses you desired, but have not found a rogue stone"

even when I have the rogue stone.

Everything is ok with my install (SoA + ToB + BG2 Fixpack v4 + Worldmap v6.6) : I can give him the Rogue Stone and the glasses (choice 2), even if the HaerDalis' quest is in my daily (I must deliver him from the Mekrath's claws).

-------------------------------------

For the moment, I have only done the quests Got Ice ?, Melynda and of course Candlekeep Chores. I have also bought my little cabin in Snowflakes Mountains and everything is ok (except an assertion failed in Snowflakes Mountains, but it was ok after a reload). The bugs I have are only graphic : the NPC are sometimes in double like this :

Mekrath.JPG

Here it's for Mekrath (I didn't have the bug when I told to him the first time), but I had also this bug for Ceeb Isson and for Holly the elf.
Mekrath on the left is the one we are speaking for Rylberg's quest, and Mekrath on the right is the one we must kill for HaerDalis : I killed him and the left one remained.

Edited by Graoumf, 09 February 2008 - 08:33 AM.

#30 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 11:30 AM

The quests Ryberg and his Uncle is done and all is ok, except some journal entry which says that Ceeb is on the Promenade (and he's not there of course). It refers to @42 in CBMEKRTH.tra and @82 in CBRYBERG.tra.

I have also "fed the birds" (it was funny :) ), found the entry of the Ancient Library and the Academy of Kuldin but my party is too weak so I'll be back later.

Finally I went to Hlondeth and explored the town. I did the quest "Close to Home" ; well in fact I only defended the bridge (the quest seems to be done since the journal entry is in the "quests done"). At the return of the bridge, I've got a bug : Valiant doesn't want to talk to me. Actually, he spoke to me once (I was able to gain the reward, and sold some equipment), and I can't talk to him anymore : he has nothing to say.

Besides, I've got a crash when I walk behind the House Extaminos : "an Assertion failed in ChDataTypes.cpp at line number 1591".
It's not impeding, since I have not interest to go there. There also a man ("Miller") on the roof of House Extaminos...
Attached File  000000032_en_cours.rar   492.59K   1316 downloads

Edited by Graoumf, 23 February 2008 - 11:31 AM.

#31 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 24 February 2008 - 08:33 AM

I've got another bug about the beginning of the Hondleth's main quest : "Black Addar Stew" where you must kill Yuan-Ti of the House Extaminos.

Rynn's quest's dialog never starts. I'm not modder but I thnik that the problem comes from the variable SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI.
In RYNN.d, this variable must set at 10 in order that the good dialog starts :

IF ~GlobalLT("SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI","GLOBAL",10)
Global("CbRynnsIntroNoSides","LOCALS",0)~ THEN BEGIN 0
SAY @1
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("CbRynnsIntroNoSides","LOCALS",1)~ GOTO 1
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 1
SAY @2
IF ~IsValidForPartyDialog("JAHEIRA")~ THEN EXTERN ~JAHEIRAJ~
CB_APPEND_JH1a
IF ~!IsValidForPartyDialog("JAHEIRA")
IsValidForPartyDialog("MINSC")~ THEN EXTERN ~MINSCJ~
CB_APPEND_MC1a
!IsValidForPartyDialog("MINSC")
IsValidForPartyDialog("VALYGAR")~ THEN EXTERN ~VALYGARJ~
CB_APPEND_VAL1a
!IsValidForPartyDialog("MINSC")
!IsValidForPartyDialog("VALYGAR")~ THEN EXIT
END

------------------------------------

Global("CbRynnsIntroNoSides","LOCALS",1)
RandomNum(2,1)~ THEN BEGIN 2
SAY @3
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

Global("CbRynnsIntroNoSides","LOCALS",1)
RandomNum(2,2)~ THEN BEGIN 3
SAY @4
IF ~~ THEN EXIT
END

------------------------------------

IF ~GlobalGT("SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI","GLOBAL",9)
Global("CbRynnsQuest","GLOBAL",0)~ THEN BEGIN 4
SAY @5
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @6 GOTO 5
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @7 GOTO 6
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @8 GOTO 8
END

At my arrival in the town, this variable was set to 26. So I ran to meet Rynn and she told me @1 and @2 :
@1 = ~Doesn't seem like you've taken a side in our struggle. Kill some serpents, and maybe you'll be worth the Secession's attention.~
@2 = ~So, either you're with House Extaminos, or you're with the Secession. When you make a choice and start killing off the bloody serpents, let me know.~ (END)

Then I ran to kill some Yuan-ti in the eastern district, in a house where we could find some, and returned to see Rynn, but the variable was set to 0 and so Rynn told me :
@3 = ~If you ever decide to join with the Secession, the serpents put out a bounty of 500 gold for each member. Watch your back in that case.~ (END)
@4 = ~I will not betray any of my patriots to the House without knowing what side you fight for. Help the Yuan-ti and I call you enemy. Choose us and maybe we can talk.~ (END)

Here is a save at my arrival at the town, if you want to try.
Attached File  000000030_Hlondeth.rar   433.08K   613 downloads

Edit : well, I try to set the variable to 10 and it works fine now.

Edited by Graoumf, 13 April 2008 - 02:40 AM.

#32 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:04 PM

Another strange thing in the Ancient Library: when I try to unlock a particular door, either with the thieves' capacity or the Knock spell, I only get the sentence :
NPC - "Yes I am a mage, why ?". And the door remains locked. As you can see in this screenshot:

Door_Ancient_Library.JPG

It seems this door needs a special key: the sun key. So there's only an indication which is not good.

Edited by Graoumf, 29 February 2008 - 04:38 PM.

#33 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:24 AM

There's an undroppable shield we get in Hondleth : SHLD18.ITM .

#34 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:21 PM

Another mistake in CBMALR1.d (about the quest 'Of Elves and Artifact')

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 58
SAY @103
IF ~CheckStatGT(LastTalkedToBy(),13,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 59
IF ~CheckStatLT(LastTalkedToBy(),14,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 67
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @100 GOTO 67
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 59
SAY @105
IF ~CheckStatGT(LastTalkedToBy(),14,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 60
IF ~CheckStatLT(LastTalkedToBy(),15,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 74
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @100 GOTO 68
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 60
SAY @106
IF ~CheckStatGT(LastTalkedToBy(),16,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 61
IF ~CheckStatLT(LastTalkedToBy(),17,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 75
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @100 GOTO 69
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 61
SAY @107
IF ~CheckStatGT(LastTalkedToBy(),17,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 62
IF ~CheckStatLT(LastTalkedToBy(),18,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 76
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @100 GOTO 70
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 62
SAY @108
IF ~CheckStatGT(LastTalkedToBy(),18,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 63
IF ~CheckStatLT(LastTalkedToBy(),19,CHR)~ THEN REPLY @104 GOTO 77
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @100 GOTO 71
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 63
SAY @109
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @100 GOTO 72
END

[...]

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 74
SAY @114
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 68
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 75
SAY @114
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 69
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 76
SAY @114
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 70
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 77
SAY @114
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 71
END

I think that the end should be :

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 74
SAY @114
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 68
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 75
SAY @115
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 69
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 76
SAY @116
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 70
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 77
SAY @117
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @118 GOTO 71
END

Edited by Graoumf, 08 March 2008 - 12:22 PM.

#35 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:16 PM

Hello,

I've got a bug about the third play in the Playhouse (Spellfire "quest") : the first actor says "@1 = ~What bloody man is this, with the cuts and the
wounds, and the ow-ies. Somebody get this man a Band-Aid!~" [CBP3ACT1.tra] and I'm stuck in an neverending animation.
Actually, the reception's woman introduces the third and the fifth play, and when it begins, dialogs are those of the third one.

The first play was quite ok, and I didn't see the second one.

Here is the save just before the play :
Attached File  000000037_piece_3_auberge_des_cinq_chopes.rar   721.26K   644 downloads

--------------------------

For the moment, I did the quests :
- The "tutorial" area of Candlekeep
- Melynda
- Got Ice?
- Ryberg and his Uncle
- Of Elves and Artifacts, or: The Maltese Artifact.
- Feed The Birds
- The Ancient Library
- The Academy of Kuldin
- Close to Home
- The Secession -> bugged in my install, but ok after setting the variable "SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI" to 10
- Spellfire -> bugged in my install
- The Subdual
- Holly the Elf
- Civil Disobeidance

I can't do the quest "Captured!" because I can't choose the Bodhi's side : when she gives me her first mission, I've got a "NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS" at the end of the dialog and so I can't do it. Here is the save : Attached File  000000027_captured.rar   267.13K   595 downloads

I couldn't do the quest "Horton Spots a who ?" because I have no thief-only in my party.

Edited by Graoumf, 12 May 2008 - 04:15 AM.

#36 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 02:46 AM

In the Secession's quest, there's a bug when I leave the House of Extaminos, after killing all the Yuan-Ti.
Rynn says that I deliver Hondleth and she tells me goodbye. Instead of leaving the party, my PC gets Rynn's body in his inventory and when I go to see Valiant, he's red of course.

#37 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 04:13 AM

I've got a bug in the third quest of the class mage quest : Cromwell doesn't give me the moonblade after he forges it. I had to use the CLUAConsole with SetGlobal("CbCromwellForgesMoonblade","AR0334",3) and talk again to Cromwell to have it. Cromwell's dialogs are in WSMITH01.d.

Edited by Graoumf, 12 May 2008 - 04:14 AM.

#38 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 08:40 AM

Graoumf
Rynn's quest's dialog never starts. I'm not modder but I thnik that the problem comes from the variable SPRITE_IS_DEADYUANTI.

Yep, you are correct. Sometimes it is already set too high with other mods installed that increment that Global. To fix the bug, there could be a script command to set that global to 0 and then the ones you have to beat will increment it to 10.

've got a bug in the third quest of the class mage quest : Cromwell doesn't give me the moonblade after he forges it. I had to use the CLUAConsole with SetGlobal("CbCromwellForgesMoonblade","AR0334",3) and talk again to Cromwell to have it. Cromwell's dialogs are in WSMITH01.d.

Can you see in his dialog if he ever GiveItem command in the dialog? I had same problems with Elves and Artifacts (crown of thorns) if items were in bags of holding. Not sure if it is the same cause.

Great work Graoumf!!

- King Diamond

#39 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 May 2008 - 01:44 PM

've got a bug in the third quest of the class mage quest : Cromwell doesn't give me the moonblade after he forges it. I had to use the CLUAConsole with SetGlobal("CbCromwellForgesMoonblade","AR0334",3) and talk again to Cromwell to have it. Cromwell's dialogs are in WSMITH01.d.

Can you see in his dialog if he ever GiveItem command in the dialog?

Well, here is the part of WSMITH01.d file it refers to :

IF ~Global("CbCromwellForgesMoonblade","AR0334",1)
GlobalTimerExpired("CbCromwellMoonbladeTimer","AR0334")~ THEN BEGIN CB_89
SAY @143
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @144 GOTO CB_90
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @145 GOTO CB_91
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_90
SAY @146
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("CbCromwellForgesMoonblade","AR0334",2)
ClearAllActions()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("CROMWELL")~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_91
SAY @147
IF ~~ THEN GOTO 4
END

IF ~Global("CbCromwellForgesMoonblade","AR0334",3)~ THEN BEGIN CB_92
SAY @148
IF ~~ THEN GOTO CB_93
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN CB_93
SAY @149
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("CbCromwellForgesMoonblade","AR0334",4)
GiveItemCreate("CBEMMOON",LastTalkedToBy(Myself),1,0,0)
AddexperienceParty(25000)~ EXIT
END

With the strings (the PC in red):

@143 = ~Ye be right on time, <GABBER>. All is about ready for the forging of ye Moonblade. Are ye ready to help me?~
@144 = ~Yes, Cromwell. Let's start this.~
@146 = ~Aye, <GABBER>. Listen closely to my instructions, lest the magic fail....~ (cutscene)

Then :
@148 = ~It is done, <GABBER>. The Moonblade is whole.~
@149 = ~I honor you with the blade, as you honor me in trusting me with such a tremendous smithing task. Thank you, <GABBER>.~ (END)

And so, @148 doesn't appear after the cutscene. I don't know if it helps you...

-------------------------------------------------------------

I had same problems with Elves and Artifacts (crown of thorns) if items were in bags of holding. Not sure if it is the same cause.

I had no problem in the quest 'Of Elves and Artifact'! There's only one way to finish this quest and it's a little difficult without analysing .tra files. So, I post my analysis of this quest. Of course, sentences are in french, but dialogs are in VO. I hope it helps you.

King Diamond, feel free to delete my attached file : it's a big spoil!
Attached File  The_Maltese_Artifact.rar   21.14K   759 downloads

Edited by Graoumf, 12 May 2008 - 01:47 PM.

#40 Graoumf

Graoumf
  • 594 posts

Posted 16 May 2008 - 01:34 PM

I think there's a mistake in dalogs of the third ranger quest :

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 56
SAY @79
IF ~LevelLT(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),24)~ THEN GOTO 57
IF ~LevelGT(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),23)~ THEN GOTO 67
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 57
SAY @80
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @81 GOTO 58
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @82 GOTO 60
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @83 GOTO 62
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 58
SAY @84
IF ~~ THEN DO ~ClearAllActions()
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("CBRNGTL1")~ EXIT
END

IF ~Global("CbRangerCapitalWeapon","GLOBAL",2)
Global("CbRangerTaught","AR3585",3)
Global("CbRangerTeachesStealth1","LOCALS",1)
Class(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),RANGER)~ THEN BEGIN 59
SAY @85
IF ~~ THEN DO ~SetGlobal("CbRangerCapitalWeapon","GLOBAL",3)
AddXPObject(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),20000)
AddJournalEntry(@107,INFO)~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 60
SAY @84
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("CBRNGTK1")~ EXIT
END

Global("CbRangerTeachesCaltrops1","LOCALS",1)
Class(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),RANGER)~ THEN BEGIN 61
SAY @86
AddJournalEntry(@108,INFO)~ EXIT
END

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 62
SAY @84
StartCutSceneMode()
StartCutScene("CBRNGTV2")~ EXIT
END

Global("CbRangerTeachesSurvive2","LOCALS",1)
Class(LastTalkedToBy(Myself),RANGER)~ THEN BEGIN 63
SAY @87
AddJournalEntry(@109,INFO)~ EXIT
END

[...]

IF ~~ THEN BEGIN 67
SAY @90
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @81 GOTO 62
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @82 GOTO 60
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @83 GOTO 58
IF ~~ THEN REPLY @91 GOTO 68
END

The right ones are those in blue.