Photo

SoS v1.12 Bug Thread

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:07 AM

Who the resident expert(s) on kit corrections?

I dunno who the kit ninjas are, but maybe that kit worked in other versions. The walkthrough describes the kit's pros/cons, but I think that may have been the non-weidu version.

Yes, it worked without glitches in earlier versions, but still, it was a pain in the arse in the first ones. (i remember CB talking about the matter, he even removed the kit from the game for a long time, and i think KD reintroduced it afterwards; you can confirm the latter by taking a look at the readme changelog)

KD should be the man, but he seems partially or fully retired from modding. Kit ninjas? Hmm, just knock at the door of the major SoS fan you can think of, if any :S Or you could go through the code yourself, of course :D

Edited by SirLancelot, 23 March 2008 - 05:09 AM.

Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#22 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:08 PM

KD should be the man, but he seems partially or fully retired from modding. Kit ninjas? Hmm, just knock at the door of the major SoS fan you can think of, if any :S Or you could go through the code yourself, of course :D

Are you a major SOS fan? :lol:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#23 SirLancelot

SirLancelot
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

Yeah, i like it, but i can't go right now through the more than possible modding enlightening i would need. (I can't barely spend the time i employ to post)
Where men gather, a bustle of chaos ensues. I would save them all, if I could.

#24 -mo-

-mo-

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

Hi

Can anyone help me i am trying to train the villagers(triel) but the guard in the training screen does not appear so i can go no further in the mod.

#25 -chesterocks7-

-chesterocks7-

Posted 25 August 2008 - 02:49 PM

After I installed Shadows over Soubar, the character voices are no long there, and when I click a menu button there is no sound either. When creating a character I cannot hear any of the voices when I select one and hit play and characters voices no longer play in the game. It didn't do this until I installed SoS, please help!

#26 Exaercase

Exaercase
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 02:18 AM

During the installation:

[SOS/BAF/CBBANDED.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 8 column 45-45
Near Text: )
[StateCheck] argument [STATE_NORMAL] not found in [State.IDS]

I've checked my STATE.IDS - the state is present there.
Checked the script CBBANDED.BAF. It appears that it cannot be compiled until the /*....*/ block is deleted.

Check the issue please.

Hello,

In fact the problem come form STATE.IDS. This IDS don't start with CR+LF before the first item (STATE_NORMAL). So to corretc it Install all your before SOS Mod after export STATE.IDS with NearInfinityBeta.jar, next edit it and add an CR+LF at the top. To finish put it in the "...\SOS\RULE\".

If you have only BG2 FixPack before SOS you could use my STATE.IDS.

See you next :)

Attached Files

Edited by Exaercase, 17 October 2008 - 02:20 AM.

#27 -torindel-

-torindel-

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:31 PM

instalation in wine (on linux) brakes due to usage of *.* at target dir in batch files (i.e. ends up with no files copied) e.g.
xcopy /q CtB\sound\*.* CTB-WAV/*.*

#28 Lollorian

Lollorian

smiley addict

• 4150 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:53 AM

And here's a fix for SoS v1.13

tBALDUR.BAF
- !StateCheck("Player1",STATE_SLEEPING) -> !StateCheck(Player1,STATE_SLEEPING)

Attached Files

"I am the smiley addict, yellow and round, this is my grin :D when I'm usually around :P.
When there's trouble brewing, see me post, cuz it's usually a wall o' yellow and your eyes are toast!!!"

BWP GUIDE - BWP FIXES - impFAQ - NPC LIST - KIT LIST - AREA LIST

GitHub Links : BWP Fixpack | Lolfixer | BWP Trimpack | RezMod

#29 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:26 PM

Thanks to Turambar for the bug/crash fix with Fence description. All descriptions should be no greater than 4000 characters or there is a crash. The translation string is file is @20802 in setup.tra in the SOS\language folder.

Fence kit revised Spanish Translation courtesy of Ancalagon el Negro.

~PERISTA:
El perista es un estraperlista, un vendedor de productos robados e ilegales. En cualquier ciudad con los suficientes habitantes tanto para comprar como para proveerse, hay uno. Un buen perista necesita tener una mente ágil, un buen ojo tanto para la gente como para las mercancías y saber cómo mantenerse fuera del alcance de la ley. Si quieres coger esta subclase de ladrón tu personaje necesita un mínimo de 12 de Inteligencia.

Rol: El perista es el eje principal de la complicada red del mercado negro. Los ladrones corrientes le venden la mercancía de sus robos por una cantidad de dinero menor que su valor real, y el perista la revende a un precio más elevado. Si la ciudad en la que opera el perista es demasiado grande y no hay sufientes bienes con los que traficar, trabaja encubiertamente en el mercado legal. Pero si los objetos se acaban de "sacar del horno", se llevan fuera de la ciudad y se comercia con ellos en el exterior. Además de con objetos, el perista también comercia con informacion. Los peristas son con seguridad los soplones más dedicados de los bajos fondos.
Lo que realmente marca la diferencia entre peristas y contrabandistas es el círculo que manejan, los subordinados y los contactos a los que pueden acudir. Para conseguir y mantener una red extensa el perista necesita ser astuto y experimentado, lo que normalmente implica devanarse los sesos por ser carismático, despierto e influyente.
Los peristas pueden ser de cualquier estracto social, pero no hay muchos ricos y nobles entre sus filas. Estos peristas aventajados sólo se permiten llamar la atención de las altas esferas cuando los beneficios potenciales son astronómicos.

Habilidades con armas: Cualquiera.

Progreso de Habilidades: Todos los peristas excepto los más poderosos (es decir, los que se encuentran en la escala más alta de su jerarquía) suelen necesitar usar las habilidades comunes del ladrón. Vaciar bolsillos es una pequeña fuente de ingresos cuando los negocios van mal, los juegos de manos son útiles para timar a tontos e imprudentes, encontrar/desactivar trampas es importante a la hora de inspeccionar mercancía, y saber leer/hablar idiomas es indispensable a la hora de examinar algunos objetos exóticos ó traficar con información. Sigilo y Esconderse en las Sombras son habilidades de un valor incalculable para moverse por las calles sin ser descubierto, especialmente cuando se necesita tener contacto directo con el cliente.

Beneficios especiales: Los peristas son muy respetados en el submundo de cualquier zona donde les conozcan. Como se acaba de comentar, a menos que los ladrones del lugar les persigan por algún motivo importante, siempre tienen facilidad para ganarse el favor de todos los delincuentes. En el juego, esto se traduce en que los peristas reciben un bono de +3 a la reaccion con los PNJ pícaros.

Hándicaps especiales: Los peristas son relativamente importantes en su gremio, pero al contrario que los ladrones normales y al contrario que los contrabandistas puros, la red que dirigen requiere que se establezcan en lugares fijos para así poder mantener cerca a sus clientes y darles seguridad y confianza. Por ello, las autoridades locales están muy atentas a sus posibles actividades delictivas, y se ven expuestos a redadas periódicas que buscan información y chivos expiatorios.

Razas: Los peristas pueden ser de cualquier raza. Los peristas de algunas razas prefieren comerciar únicamente con ciertos bienes en particular. Los enanos y gnomos por ejemplo, son conocidos por ser excelentes tasadores de gemas y joyas y a menudo desdeñan otro tipo de material.~

I need German, Russian and Italian to be under 4000 characters (any ASCII characters count) whenever possible. Please post a tra file for Russian so I can get the correct characters. One day I will understand how to do it. :lol:
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#30 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 11:21 AM

@20802 = ~СКУПЩИК:
Скупщик - торговец краденным и контрабандным товаром. Его всегда можно найти в большом городе, где много людей и в любой момент можно затеряться в толпе. Хорошему скупщику необходим острый ум - ведь ему нужно уметь разбираться в людях, иначе работать ему будет очень непросто. Поэтому минимальный уровень интеллекта у него должен быть не меньше 12.

Роль: Скупщики - основа в сложной сети черных рынков Амна. Практически все воры толкают им краденное имущество по бросовым ценам. Потом этот товар скупщики перепродают с наваром для себя. Иногда они даже открывают официальные лавки и торгуют ворованным прямо с лотка. Сколько при этом они платят чиновникам, чтобы их не трогали - история умалчивает. Но крайне ценные предметы обычно прдают в других городах, потому что их хозяин вполне может зайти в скупку, и при этом его будет сопровождать человек десять охраны, а лишние проблемы скупщикам совсем ни к чему.
Влияние скупщика напрямую зависит от величины его сети и связей. Для того, чтобы договориться с нужными людьми и удержать в своих руках такое опасное дело требуется немало хитрости и опыта.
Удачливые скупщики, сколотившие немало денег, нередко удаляются на покой доживать свой век в достатке.
Кроме краденых товаров скупщики занимаются продажей информации. Если хочешь узнать что-то важное - тебе нужно найти их и заплатить за нее хорошую цену.

Оружейное мастерство: любое.

Развитие навыков: скупщики с незначительными контактами, стоящие внизу их иерархии, нередко пользуются обычными воровскими навыками. Карманное воровство может принести небольшой доход. Можно также обдуривать собственных клиентов, хотя это опасное дело. Навык взлома и умение разбираться в ловушках всегда пригодится при их работе. Скупщику полезно знать большое количество языков, чтобы разбираться в своих товарах. Навыки незаметного движения в тени полезны на улице, когда нужно оторваться от преследователей. Скупщики с высоким уровнем редко пользуются воровскими навыками.

Особые преимущества: Скупщики занимают довольно высокое положение среди своих собратьев по ремеслу. Если в каком то городе за скупщиком закреплена определенная территория, а среди его клиентов числятся "уважаемые люди" - он может ходить ночью увешанным золотом по улице и не опасаться даже косого взгляда в свою сторону. Скупщики получают бонус +3 при общении с ворами, если их род занятий им известен.

Недостатки: В преступном мире скупщики довольно заметны. Если воры и грабители могут действовать в разных местах, даже кочевать по городам, то скупщику необходима устойчивая и постоянная организация, которая позволила бы им регулярно поддерживать контакты со своими клиентами. Это создает опасность вмешательства властей в деятельность этих "Торговцев Тени". Чтобы спокойно работать нужно время от времени делиться информацией или давать взятки.

Раса: Скупщиком может быть представитель любой расы Фаэруна. Некоторые из них предпочитают работать только с определенными товарами. Например если тебе надо сбыть драгоценные камни, обращаться надо к гному или карлику.~

3092 letters

Yep!

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#31 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

Thanks Prowler!

But there is a problem. I cannot get what you posted to look like that in the text editor I am using. Do I need a certain setting otherwise it looks like

??????????????

through the entire text? :blink:

I tried with Notepad and Context editors. The easiest way for me is if you attach it in a .tra format like you did with my TDD requests. Then I can add it to the main file. :ph34r:

EDIT: Duh... :doh: I found out how and saved it as UNICODE format with Notepad. It looks exactly like you posted. :cheers:

Edited by Hoppy, 31 August 2010 - 06:29 PM.

- King Diamond

#32 prowler

prowler

Translator

• 425 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:28 PM

Hey, Hoppy! I check russian version and it's 3092 letters. So no changes needed! You can check it :)
p.s. err Tra files must be in Unicode????

Murloc-translator
Coordinator of the Russian BWP Translation Team - Arcanecoast.ru
Work with SHS, PPG, G3, CoM, Dragon's Hoard, Sorcerer's Place, RPG Dungeon

#33 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:32 AM

Hey, Hoppy! I check russian version and it's 3092 letters. So no changes needed! You can check it :)
p.s. err Tra files must be in Unicode????

Yeah it's cool ^_^ The tra files don't have to be in UNICODE but in order for me to copy/paste your Russian text from your post, I had to save it in Notepad with UNICODE format. Probably because I was copying from a webpage so it has different coding or something. That is why it didn't convert as you had written it but I know how to do it now. :)

- King Diamond

#34 Leonardo Watson

Leonardo Watson
  • Modder
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

Here you are. 3999 characters

Attached Files

• Attached File  fence.7z   1.97K   486 downloads

Edited by Leonardo Watson, 01 September 2010 - 10:10 PM.

#35 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:35 AM

The italian translation is almost ready. But there's one thing I wanted to ask:

The description says, they can use any weapon.
They can gain proficiencies in any weapon, but can only USE the same as the thieves (unless they get the high level ability use any item)

I think it could be useful to write, in ALL languages, "proficiency with weapons: fences can get proficient in any weapon, although they will not be able to use those forbidden to thieves until they reach a high level".

Otherwise, players could misunderstand and give absolutely useless proficiencies to their players.

edit: I've attached the Italian version; 4095 characters.

I've already put it into my dialog.tlk and it works

Attached Files

Edited by Turambar, 07 September 2010 - 08:53 AM.

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#36 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

The ability to use any weapon is different than use any item. I will look into this to try and make it work for weapons. Now you say that the fence can't use certain items in your game but many tables and items could have been changed by other mods. Not positive but I will see what i can do on SoS side. If we need to change it further, than we can.

Glad we got one thing out of the way. :D

- King Diamond

#37 -Hop-

-Hop-

Posted 13 September 2010 - 08:30 AM

Some more info on the fence kit. I guess the fence kit automatically gets UAI at level 16 for the kit so that is where it is.

#38 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 09:13 AM

Some more info on the fence kit. I guess the fence kit automatically gets UAI at level 16 for the kit so that is where it is.

Woops, level 13.

- King Diamond

#39 Turambar

Turambar
  • Modder
  • 935 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 05:11 AM

A compatibility issue can lead to endless spawning of prelate wassalen, if you have CTB installed as well.
Here's a fix for who's already installed SoS; in the same thread, a bit above, there's also a fix-suggestion for the next version

Turambar

Currently supporting: DSotSC for BGT, NTotSC - forum

Turambar's fixes and tweaks for BG2, BGT, DSotSC, NTotSC, SoBH and more!

Before posting questions (even regarding posts written by myself), please look at Jarno Mikkola's FAQs for the Megamods!
(how to correctly report CTDs)

vipersig.jpg

#40 Janusushi

Janusushi
  • 24 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 10:09 AM

I found a bug in Soubar Barracks. After talking to Major for the first time, putting my equipment to the box and talking to the Major for the second time, Soubar Sergeant was supposed to appear and talk to me, but he doesn't show up - and the Major "has nothing to say to you". I found Sergeant's CLUA code in Near Infinity (CBRTRALT), but when I create him using the console, he doesn't have anything to say... Any ideas how to fix this?