Hello! I have a problem with lolfixer's installation (BWS debug.txt):

"[MALAR10.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 6 column 1-30
Near Text: SNOW_TROLL
    syntax error

[MALAR10.BCS.BAF]  ERROR at line 6 column 1-30
    Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: parsing [MALAR10.BCS.BAF]: Parsing.Parse_error
ERROR: [MALAR10.BCS] -> [override/MALAR10.BCS] Patching Failed (COPY) (Parsing.Parse_error)
Stopping installation because of error."

And Lollorian said:

Wierd, your error:

[MALAR10.BCS.BAF] PARSE ERROR at line 6 column 1-30
    syntax error

seems to suggest there should be a "SNOW_TROLL" somewhere in there.

Also, MALAR10.BCS comes from Reign of Terror not Wheels of Prophecy and the MALAR10.BAF exactly matches the one provided in RoT (which implies that either nothing modified it or that your ANIMATE.IDS has FIRE_RING & SNOW_TROLL pointing to the same index)

You can use NearInifnity (or any text editor) to verify your ANIMATE.IDS (should be in your override)

I've found them in ANIMATE.IDS and they have different indexes:

0x0000 FIRE_RING

0XE0C0 SNOW_TROLL

How can the bug be repaired?

#102 -EducatedOaf-

-EducatedOaf-

Posted 17 April 2017 - 07:11 AM

ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da") PLEASE email the file SETUP-ROT.DEBUG to Gilgamesh, King Diamond (WeiDU conversion) Automatically Skipping [Region Of Terror, v2.1] because of error. Using Language [English] [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 330830 string entries NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1 D:\Games\Baldurs Gate\Baldurs Gate - Bigger World> ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da")) ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da") Region Of Terror (Region of Terror) was not installed due to errors. This is while installing the BWS Maximized option while using Big World Setup. I don't have a DEBUG that I can find. Just BWS's debug file.

#103 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 17 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da") PLEASE email the file SETUP-ROT.DEBUG to Gilgamesh, King Diamond (WeiDU conversion) Automatically Skipping [Region Of Terror, v2.1] because of error. Using Language [English] [.\lang\en_us\dialog.tlk] created, 330830 string entries NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERRORS Region Of Terror, v2.1 D:\Games\Baldurs Gate\Baldurs Gate - Bigger World> ERROR: [BACKSTAB.2DA] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da")) ERROR: Failure("cannot append column-wise to BACKSTAB.2da") Region Of Terror (Region of Terror) was not installed due to errors. This is while installing the BWS Maximized option while using Big World Setup. I don't have a DEBUG that I can find. Just BWS's debug file.

Are you trying to install on old game or BG2EE/EET?

The Sandrah Saga

another piece of *buggy, cheesy, unbalanced junk*

#104 -EducatedOaf-

-EducatedOaf-

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:41 AM

A new, up to date, install via Big World Setup, EET.

Apparently there is a patch somewhere, but I can't find it.

#105 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

A new, up to date, install via Big World Setup, EET.

Apparently there is a patch somewhere, but I can't find it.

http://www.shsforums...et/#entry591899

I would only install the main component. If you also use CtB, then CtB has to be installed prior RoT,

You need the original mod and the patch and start the install from the patched version (after you patched the original mod). BWS should do that, but maybe there is some issue in the current version (BWS maintainers are lost in planescape at this time...)

The Sandrah Saga

#106 hippofant

hippofant
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 03:03 PM

I'm not sure where bugs for the BWS-BG2EE version of RoT should go, but here goes:

Making enchah.vvc have a looping animation is probably a bug? It causes the cast animation to play over and over again, with an extremely annoying sound too.

Edited by hippofant, 08 October 2017 - 03:04 PM.

#107 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:30 AM

I'm not sure where bugs for the BWS-BG2EE version of RoT should go, but here goes:

Making enchah.vvc have a looping animation is probably a bug? It causes the cast animation to play over and over again, with an extremely annoying sound too.

In the Region of Terror EE Version V3.0 this has been corrected. In case you still have the initial experimental version of the EE version, the error may still be there as inherited from the original mod.

Anything for Region of Terror EE Version V3.0 or later may be directly reported here

http://gibberlings3....953#entry255933

In case you cannot post there, it will be picked up in the current topic as well, just maybe a bit later.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 October 2017 - 10:38 AM.

The Sandrah Saga

#108 hippofant

hippofant
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

In the Region of Terror EE Version V3.0 this has been corrected. In case you still have the initial experimental version of the EE version, the error may still be there as inherited from the original mod.

Anything for Region of Terror EE Version V3.0 or later may be directly reported here

http://gibberlings3....953#entry255933

In case you cannot post there, it will be picked up in the current topic as well, just maybe a bit later.

Am having trouble with G3 registration. I suspect Hotmail's blocking their verifications. Will sort out later.

I am using RoT EE version 3. Not sure if it's the experimental version; I got it from BWS this month. The readme within says v 3.0 EE - 2017, July.

I am also having a strange bug with the Town Crier shouting, "Take a part in the competition at the Arena! Good prices!" even when I'm not anywhere near a town crier. When I'm inside buildings. And even within the zones of other mods. Trying to find the source script now....

#109 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:46 PM

I am using RoT EE version 3. Not sure if it's the experimental version; I got it from BWS this month. The readme within says v 3.0 EE - 2017, July.

I am also having a strange bug with the Town Crier shouting, "Take a part in the competition at the Arena! Good prices!" even when I'm not anywhere near a town crier. When I'm inside buildings. And even within the zones of other mods. Trying to find the source script now....

This is a feature of the original mod and I know this back from my BGT games as well.

in the Sandrah mod I have added a feature for it which stops them from shouting after you have talked to one of them and learned about the arena. You can try this if you have Sandrah installed. I never considered this for a global fix since I did not want to change the original author's intention, if there was one.

Edited by Roxanne, 10 October 2017 - 10:47 PM.

The Sandrah Saga

#110 hippofant

hippofant
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

This is a feature of the original mod and I know this back from my BGT games as well.

in the Sandrah mod I have added a feature for it which stops them from shouting after you have talked to one of them and learned about the arena. You can try this if you have Sandrah installed. I never considered this for a global fix since I did not want to change the original author's intention, if there was one.

:-/ Well I guess it's not that big a deal. Just a little jarring at times.

A real bug this time: after taking the castle from Olmar, Talavan3.dlg sets RuleCas, GLOBAL to 1, but Geran.dlg checks against RuleCas, RR3401.

#111 Roxanne

Roxanne

Modder

• 3564 posts

Posted 29 October 2017 - 12:56 AM

A real bug this time: after taking the castle from Olmar, Talavan3.dlg sets RuleCas, GLOBAL to 1, but Geran.dlg checks against RuleCas, RR3401.

Yes, The RuleCas in the mod is not unique, it is used as a Global, as a Local by Eranda for a different purpose.

The one you found in Geram.dlg seems to be erroneous since it is never set to 1 by anything. This dialogue should use the global.

I corrected it in the mod.

I also found two more errors in Olmcook.d and Eranda.d where the association of a global was wrong.

Thank you for the hints

The Sandrah Saga

#112 weigo

weigo
  • Modder
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 April 2018 - 08:58 AM

Here is a new version for RoTerror v3.1

http://www.shsforums...-and-bg2tobbgt/

Modification:

BP-BGT-Worldmap-v6.6 (Download)

#113 Roberciiik

Roberciiik
  • Modder
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 08:17 AM

Hello!

I've prepared a few small fixes before my RoT playthrough. Could you please review and merge for the next release, eventually? 

List of changes:

Moved area-related sounds from language/ogg1 to ogg2 directory.

- Biffing is now an optional component.

Summon monsters - spell names fix.

Restored translated BG2 GUI title.

Fixed incorrect portraits for classic BG2

- Kit integration with TDD

- Corrected Select sounds for NPC

PS. After these are merged, I will open two more traification-related pull requests (to separate changes).

Thanks!

Edited by Roberciiik, 20 October 2021 - 07:57 AM.