Challenge #12: Saemon Havarian

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 02:03 PM

I am falling in love with Saemon more and more with every entry I see here.... :D That's amazingly hot and elegant, IronOx!

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#22 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 09:26 PM

That might just be your best one yet. It doesn't exactly fit my mental image of Saemon (...I see him as slightly less bishie - sue me, ladies), but the quality is excellent. :new_thumbs:

#23 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 10:24 PM

Hot and elegant he may be but he's still a scoundrel ;) Excellent work IronOx!
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#24 Clary

Clary
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

Orthodoxia, that's an A-M-A-Z-I-N-G image. Really cool looking.

As for me, I always thought Saemon to be charismatic and elegant all the while having a wile smile and devious eyes.

Ooh, well done. I love his expression - charming, yet quite untrustworthy.

Incidentally, OOTS!Saemon's feathered hat is perhaps the coolest thing ever. :lol:

#25 IronOx

IronOx

Pyongs owns all

• 124 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

Wow, impact! I'll try to make the next challenges as good as this one then. I'm glad you all like it.

Speaking of OOTS, I totally need to go read the news episodes. I've read them all, hopelessly addict. Saemon Havarian OOTS style gives him a Musketeer look :cheers:
'The only way to get thru this gate is to go thru me first!' -Tadakatsu

#26 Zoraciel Ivtel

Zoraciel Ivtel
  • 94 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Incidentally, OOTS!Saemon's feathered hat is perhaps the coolest thing ever. :lol:

Why thank you! I have to say, hats are hard to make in that style, without making your characters look like strangely colored boyscouts.

#27 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:27 AM

Yayz, I habe a scannerzors...

Posted Image

#28 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 10:55 AM

Here's my sketch of Saemon Havarian when he is finally confronted by the group (the group is willing to torture him, I believe, but Noriko would step in when they get too mean. She likes him, after all.). I originally had intended drawing him having a scimitar (most likely Jaheira's. I always imagine her having the most to say against Saemon.), but I couldn't get myself to draw over what I already had drawn. I might still add it later, though (especially tomorrow, where we are going to watch a 111 km race. *I* wanted to go to the medieval fair in Offenbach [in my area, just about every town has a castle of some kind. Frankfurt has the Burg Höchst in Höchst, there'st the Isenburg in Isenburg, there's Burg Hayn [this one is *way* old, and these days mostly ruined. And it even has its own little dragon myth!] in Dreieichenhain, there's a newer one in my town [a hunting castle, which is only open to the public twice a year, so people can see the flowering trees. It belongs to the royal family of Hessen. Most of that family died in a plane crash while on their way to visit the British royal relatives.], so there's never a medieval fair there. Offenbach actually has *three* castles. So anyway, since we're not yet going to the medieval fair on that day yet, I'm probably going to have lots of time to draw. And read my new copy of "Sandman".)

Posted Image

The vest is important by the way. I imagine him as a swashbuckler, and for some reason I can't imagine anyone of that class without a vest.

Oh, and I think he might be searching the secret lever to open the secret door he's leaning against with his left hand. ;) :P

I might colour it later, too.

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Edited by Jazhara7, 06 July 2007 - 10:57 AM.

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#29 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 11:39 AM

The pose and expression are really good, just in the "Ah, One more thing before you gut me!" kinda way. ^^
But one the other hand, he looks kinda skinny and "boyish".

Edited by WeeRLegion, 06 July 2007 - 11:41 AM.

#30 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:08 PM

The pose and expression are really good, just in the "Ah, One more thing before you gut me!" kinda way. ^^
But one the other hand, he looks kinda skinny and "boyish".

Aw, he's not that young, he just kept well (yeah, as if anyone would believe that, I know. ;) :P )

I like how young he looks, but you're right, he looks kind of skinny. I think the problem might be the legs. Even if pressed against a wall, they wouldn't look that skinny. Keck, the left leg looks as if it's only half the normal size!

I guess I'll have to correct that. Thanks for your comment!

- :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#31 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:04 AM

I just couldn't help myself and had to draw this. Actually, when it comes to these challenges it seems I can't help myself a lot :P

SHCh_1.jpg

SHCh_2.jpg
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#32 Menelanna

Menelanna
  • 3006 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:51 AM

hehe love it! that is sooooo like him!
Steel is my body, fire is my blood.
I've created over a thousand blades
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, those hands will never hold anything.
So as i pray, "Unlimited Blade Works."--Archer from Fate/Stay Night

Posted Image
Signature done by Sinharvest. thanks!

Interested in great fanstay Role Play? Come join Imythess the Border Between Dreams and Choas.
(should you join feel free to contact me. my main account it Fara're. hope to see you there :D)

#33 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 10:33 AM

Bahahaha. :ROFL:

It's funny 'cause it's true.

#34 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:11 PM

And the third reason...

Very good everyone!
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#35 Delight

Delight
  • 660 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:46 PM

Great :D .

My humble entry:
Saemon.jpg
It's one of my characters The Most Holy Czarianna executing Saemon for being a traitor after they met in Irenicus Lab (after killing Irenicus together with a bunch of crazy mages).

#36 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:35 PM

Orthodoxia, that is AWESOME! I can't wait to see the third one... :D

#37 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:37 AM

Ahem, short fuse anyone :whistling:

SHCh_3.jpg
Posted Image

#38 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 01:56 AM

Hehe, the exhausted "Can it get any worse?" expression (reason #2) really is quite priceless.
And the style is wonderful all over...

Oh yeah, and I love the vampire wig at the end of reason #1. ^^

Edited by WeeRLegion, 08 July 2007 - 01:57 AM.

#39 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:18 AM

:woot:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

The last one is just great.

#40 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 07:40 AM

Oh yeah, and I love the vampire wig at the end of reason #1. ^^

Both practical and stylish, Vampire wigs are "must" this season :lol:

I must say, I'm highly tempted to draw "The Revenge of the Bhaalspawn" after all the frustration Havarian had put me through the game.
Posted Image