• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#21 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:05 PM

BANDITS' CAMP: I don't know if this might be related to BGT or even BG1 UB. At first I thought it was SCS doing and reported it there but I read another user's comment saying that it didn't happen to him. In short: when I spoke to Taugosz Khosann at the camp I get the hated red line "has nothing to say to you".

#22 Chevalier

Chevalier

Knight of the Realms

• Modder
  • 2405 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 09:30 PM

Well with my install I have Kivan with me so the whole camp is attacking me so no dialogue.

I Ride for the King!

a.k.a. Chev

#23 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:16 AM

- NASHKEL: After speaking with Edwin and refusing to murder "the witch", a new journal entry is said to be added ("Meddling mages" or something very similar). When I check my "Quest" or "Journal", I find no such entry.

The journal entry appears in Solved section.

- THE CARNIVAL: There is an inconsistency here due to BG1 UB's component "Permanent Corpses": The Amazing Oopah's body should not stay on the ground the first two times he "dies" but only the third time for his real and final death after attacking the party. Is it possible to make an exception for him along this line?

Oopah gibs though, so I don't know why he isn't gibbing for you.

AR4300: The mission "Doggone" is still present in my Quest section despite having completed it.
AR3499: The mission "The BEAR" is still present in my Quest section despite having completed it.

I had no problems with either of these.

AR3401: One of the Ghost Knights has a wrong sound (eagle) associated to it. Coordinates: X=560, Y=1023

I don't get this. Who would change such a thing?

GULLYIKIN (AR9900): All those halflings there that would say some specific line to me, just speak to us as if we had spoken already before despite never having done that. I guess it's a consequence of clearing the Firewine Ruins of the kobolds before having explored the village?

From what I see, this doesn't appear to be the case for a vanilla BGT-WeiDU install. Most of the halfling dialogues have a NumTimesTalkedTo(0) trigger that has nothing to do with Firewine. For the generic dialogues, HALFFG and HALFGU, two random states reference Firewine, but since they add Firewine journal entries, I have disabled them after you completed the Firewine quest.

GENERIC: It happens systematically that a NPC displays first the line "NPCNAME has nothing to say to you" and just under it another where it does actually say something.

Hmm, not sure about this one. Is this an overload of scripts issue?

NASHKELL MINES: The entry for the finished quest "Investigate the Nashkel Mines" appears under Quest rather than Done Quest.

Again, odd. Only Berrun Ghastkill terminates the quest with a solved journal entry, so could this be just that you haven't spoken to Berrun?

BANDITS' CAMP: I don't know if this might be related to BGT or even BG1 UB. At first I thought it was SCS doing and reported it there but I read another user's comment saying that it didn't happen to him. In short: when I spoke to Taugosz Khosann at the camp I get the hated red line "has nothing to say to you".

From what I gather, you must have joined the bandits or charmed him to provoke any verbal response.

Edited by Ascension64, 26 August 2007 - 05:18 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#24 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:44 AM

THE CARNIVAL: There is an inconsistency here due to BG1 UB's component "Permanent Corpses": The Amazing Oopah's body should not stay on the ground the first two times he "dies" but only the third time for his real and final death after attacking the party. Is it possible to make an exception for him along this line?

Oopah gibs though, so I don't know why he isn't gibbing for you.

He does gib and his body remains on the floor when instead it should not since it's just an illusion. He "explodes" two times before getting hostile. Only after being killed the body should stay on the ground.

AR3401: One of the Ghost Knights has a wrong sound (eagle) associated to it. Coordinates: X=560, Y=1023

I don't get this. Who would change such a thing?

I think it's just an original BG1 bug. Since you have your internal BG1 Fixpack, I thought you might include a simple fix for this.

GENERIC: It happens systematically that a NPC displays first the line "NPCNAME has nothing to say to you" and just under it another where it does actually say something.

Hmm, not sure about this one. Is this an overload of scripts issue?

Have no idea.... :unsure:

NASHKELL MINES: The entry for the finished quest "Investigate the Nashkel Mines" appears under Quest rather than Done Quest.

Again, odd. Only Berrun Ghastkill terminates the quest with a solved journal entry, so could this be just that you haven't spoken to Berrun?

I am going through the game again and I will answer your question when I cleard the mines.

From what I gather, you must have joined the bandits or charmed him to provoke any verbal response.

I do have joined the bandits but I didn't think this would mean I can't start a dialogue with Taugosz. I just try to use my memory here but I am rather sure I remember a rather articulated dialogue that might even end in a fight against him and his men. And every time I played BG1 Vanilla I have always joined the bandits.

#25 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

Ascension64,

I attach here one image of a very common situation I spoke about above (NPC has nothing to say to you and just under it a line spoken by the NPC)

Attached Images

• Dialogue.JPG

#26 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:55 PM

He does gib and his body remains on the floor when instead it should not since it's just an illusion. He "explodes" two times before getting hostile. Only after being killed the body should stay on the ground.

OK, I'll have a look at this.

I think it's just an original BG1 bug. Since you have your internal BG1 Fixpack, I thought you might include a simple fix for this.

Actually, BG1UB seems to do this for a bunch of the knights you mention.

I attach here one image of a very common situation I spoke about above (NPC has nothing to say to you and just under it a line spoken by the NPC)

I really have no clue about this one. :ph34r:

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#27 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:26 PM

OK, I'll have a look at this.

This was about The Amazing Oopah gibbing but his body still remaining after he gibs.

I directly tested this, and he gibs perfectly for me. His gibbed remains remain on the ground (with and without the Permanent Corpses component), but when he gibs, his body is never present.

--------------
Retired Modder

#28 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 12 November 2007 - 11:42 PM

I can confirm that the gibbing worked perfectly fine for me too in the latest session.

#29 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 11 September 2009 - 04:32 AM

I can confirm the same behavior in this playthrough (BGT 1.07). Nobody else experiences the same? :blink:

Ascension64,

#30 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:54 AM

I can confirm the same behavior in this playthrough (BGT 1.07). Nobody else experiences the same? :blink:

Ascension64,

What's wrong with that? I don't remember right now, but i think it's fine if a commoner has "nothing to say to you".

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#31 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 11 September 2009 - 08:47 AM

Ascension64,

What's wrong with that? I don't remember right now, but i think it's fine if a commoner has "nothing to say to you".

mm75

If you look at the image above (from 2007 but still very valid on my end), I receive the "nothing to say to you" line AND a valid reply from talking to some people. It must be either one or the other. In those cases (not rare), the "nothing to say to you" is a line that should not obviously appear.

#32 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 08:05 PM

It appears that this results because
1. the character has no dialogue to say, which gives rise to the 'nothing to say to you' part
2. the character has a soundset in the DIALOG_DEFAULT position, which gives rise to the text

--------------
Retired Modder

#33 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 12:40 AM

I see.

Then I guess that this can't stricly be classified as bug? <_<

#34 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:46 AM

LARSWOOD: When you meet Osmadi, charming and then talking to him results in a duplication of the meeting dialogue. It also triggers a second Corsone, making the situation rather ludicrous. My suggestion is to make Osmadi immune to charm.

#35 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 02:50 AM

DEKE: I met Deke (bandic.cre) and he revealed the location of the Bandit Camp. Still, it says on the map that the destination is unreachable (the map is reported to be updated). In a former gaming session I seem to remember that the same problem occurred with Tranzig (in Beregost).

#36 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:02 AM

Have you visited the neighbouring regions?

--------------
Retired Modder

#37 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:42 AM

Have you visited the neighbouring regions?

No, I haven't. But if this is intended, I am not particularly sure it's a good idea. If I know the whereabouts of a specific location, should I really need to know anything about other areas?

Edited by Salk, 23 September 2009 - 03:43 AM.

#38 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:42 AM

SMALL PRAISE: I don't know if it's BGT doing but I do appreciate the fact that having Viconia in your party decreases the party's reputation with two points, which are returned as she is dismissed. Nice touch.

#39 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 03:47 AM

That's right, you need to exit the right direction from the neighbouring map to be able to arrive to the destination if the area becomes 'gray', just like you can see Friendly Arm Inn after you take the walk with Gorion, you still need to go to the crossroads... and you can see Beregost if you talk to the merchant near where you start at after the Candlekeep, but you still need to go to the crossroads... to be able to travel there. Then there is the fact that Montaron and Xzar give you the location of Naskel and it's mines... etc.

No, I haven't. But if this is intended, I am not particularly sure it's a good idea. If I know the whereabouts of a specific location, should I really need to know anything about other areas?

Well, unless you are blind, or use helicopter/flying carpet etc. you need to be able to travel from a location to location, and you do that by visiting the one next to it.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 23 September 2009 - 03:51 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#40 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:30 AM

That's right, you need to exit the right direction from the neighbouring map to be able to arrive to the destination if the area becomes 'gray', just like you can see Friendly Arm Inn after you take the walk with Gorion, you still need to go to the crossroads...

The Bandit Camp location appears on my map after talking to Tranzig/Deke and is NOT grayed out.

Well, unless you are blind, or use helicopter/flying carpet etc. you need to be able to travel from a location to location, and you do that by visiting the one next to it.

I am not convinced. If the area is revealed and not grayed out (see above), it should mean that I know the way to reach THAT specific place, no matter how ignorant I am about the neighbouring areas.

Still in BGT a reversed logic is applied for the Durlag's Tower which remains "invisible" even if I happen to exit the surrouinding areas across it.

Edited by Salk, 23 September 2009 - 08:59 AM.