Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
219 replies to this topic

#1 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:03 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #13 here

#2 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 01:53 PM

Posted Image

Just love it :new_thumbs:

not meaning to ruin your artistic photo alexander wolf, but it kinda looks like shes using that altar as a toilet o.o

*sorry, this is coming from a 15 year old immature boy :P*

not meaning to ruin your artistic photo alexander wolf, but it kinda looks like shes using that altar as a toilet o.o

*sorry, this is coming from a 15 year old immature boy :P*

Oh god! now that you mention it it does!!! :blink:
You have soiled my picture :P

:ROFL: :ROFL:

gf1: That is a very cool shot Alexander, and the wings look awesome! But Zombie does shed a somewhat different light on it. I guess those feathers could also come in handy in terms of not really leaving things soiled? And also, for some down-to-earth sects, this could perhaps be a kind of ritual replenishing of the holy water receptacles? She is a very fine looking gal and probably up to such an honorable duty - and, no doubt, she abstained from eating asparagus for the last 24 hours!

gf1: So, nice one Zombie! Perhaps this is an indicator of your spiritual maturity? :cheers:

Layla: Oh, so now you are a expert on these matters of tantra, primitive sects, etc., gf1?
gf1: Nah, I just overheard the monks talking about something like this when I was delivering a batch of blowup dollies to them.
Layla: Remind me to pack my own holy water when I return there!

gf1: Please don't start getting me all excited again, Layla, you know I can get a bit "out there".
Layla: Uhhh, I think this post is already an example of that.
gf1: You think? OK, everyone - please skip this post! It does not pass Layla's blessing. Satisfied, my dear?
Layla: WTF am I doing here? No wonder greatfool1 disowned you, and had me dis-embody you!
gf1: He did? :crying:

Edit: I now see you just released your newest wings Alexander. Excellent!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
http://tessource.net...ile.php?id=5480

Edited by greatfool1, 01 July 2007 - 02:13 PM.

#3 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:45 PM

@ fyrefae - Nice looking Dremora you've got there. You might want to check with AlienSlof or leomorg on the horns thing if noone has gotten back to you on it yet. Love the pose in the second shot.

@ Alexander Wolf - LOL That D&D shot brings back memories.... Love the new wings btw

@ Treetop smoker - Very cool armor mix here.

@ Kalia - So what sites CAN you do some pic observing at work from? It's a downer when work is so busy that I can't take peeks at people's picks, but worse when places lock you out of sites.

Greatfool1 - Thank you! I was just looking for where the new wings were and was going to ask.
uhm, maybe gf1 needs a dunking in that "holy" water himself?...

@ jackmix69 - No, you;re not rich enough yet. We can still se the garlic on the posts.

@ Darziak - Cool SI pics. :) Always like the scenery in that expansion, even if I didn't care for the ending overall.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Chiglet :ph34r:

#4 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:58 AM

@ Kalia - So what sites CAN you do some pic observing at work from? It's a downer when work is so busy that I can't take peeks at people's picks, but worse when places lock you out of sites.
... Chiglet :ph34r:

Uh . . . if the page even loads, I can see Floydian1's. That's about it. :P And while I'm sure he's generous enough to offer to share, I'm not certain the site he uses could host *everyone's* piccies. Plus, it'd probably only be a matter of time before the silly work 'puters blocked that site as well. Anyone here want to "sponsor" me? Y'know, any billionaires in the house who'd want to pay me to comment on screenshots? ;)

Just kidding. I really do love my job, just not feeling particularly well the past week. I have a certain line from a certain Tori Amos song stuck in my head (perhaps some females out there will know what I mean).

#5 Zombie216

Zombie216

Crysis Slave

• 212 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:29 AM

@jackmix: yea i got overlord for xbox360
its a rather fun game, just reallly difficult in some parts >_>
not to mention its a pain after fighting a boss and having all you different minion stashes depleted.

#6 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 09:47 AM

Posted Image
They got weird big noses, uber big lips, but Aurora here turned out quite all right :)

Awesome Golden Saint VanQa!

Like the Dunmer and the Seducers, they have really hard faces to work with.

And as always; Amazing Screens Everyone!
CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image

#7 Aiko

Aiko
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 10:03 AM

@ highpressure
yeah I mentioned something bout that in the prelast post.

So I guess I won't be able to post anymore screens ?

#8 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

Awesome Golden Saint VanQa! Like the Dunmer and the Seducers, they have really hard faces to work with.

Thnx Cyborg ! :) They sure have extremely hard faces to work with *shrug* fiddled for hours with those sliders. The only thing i couldnt get nicer was the skin around the neck :( body skin and face/hands skin is different. But with the appropriate armor on it doesnt show too much.

Edited by VanQa, 02 July 2007 - 11:28 AM.

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#9 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:51 PM

Posted Image

This is a great shot. It gave me the feel of "a new beginning," though I'm not sure why. Anyway, nice job.

#10 Von Stahlriven

Von Stahlriven
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

Hello everyone!

It seems that after I've been away for a while the quality of the screenshots here have increased a lot. And they were already awesome then so they are even more so now. :)
"I'm invisible, now I'm certain." - Von Stahlriven.
My screenshot Gallery.
My DeviantArt Stuff.

#11 Alexander Wolf

Alexander Wolf
  • 51 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 11:56 PM

Posted Image

Does any one know where I can get this outfit I saw in the previous thread.
Posted Image

#12 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 04:55 AM

Great looking character Chiglet
Posted Image

#13 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:35 PM

The screenies keep getting better! Some examples from some of our commenters:

Nyxa
Posted Image

She looks exceptional, Chiglet!

And this character was originally going to be using Ren's new hair but we all know what happened with that :angry: anyway I have actually come to like her with no hair, she sorta reminds me of Farah from the Dune miniseries. I plan on tweaking her a bit to make her look even more like her Dune counterpart
Posted Image

Actually I think she looks very regal/elegant in her baldness.

@ Spike - Cool story, I especially liked the crack about the eyes glowing in the dark. You have a real knack for infusing personality into your characters. :new_thumbs:

#14 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 04:34 AM

Love the white outfit floydian :) and yes von Stahlrieven, the pictures get more and more amazing. It's a real pleasure to go through the new ones every day :)
@ Grimbot: Do you do anything special with your Screenshots that they become so Incredibly Beautifully detailed ?

Posted Image

#15 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 05:58 AM

OK. Yay for federal holidays! I have my noncaffeinated chai tea, and a new thread that's not too daunting a thing on which to comment.

Page 1 (saw someone else do this, and I'm totally stealing it - easy to way for me to see where I last commented. Assuming I have the energy to comment again sometime this millenium ;) )
Floydian1 - Gorgeous! I guess kudos should go to Alexander as well - the wings are great, with excellent detail - but everything always seems to look its best in your shots!

highpressure - Who needs new hairs?

Soul_Slayer - I haven't commented in a long time, but I've been *loving* your new character & the shots with her. At first, I'll admit, the flesh-colored wings kinda . . . bothered me? (As did flesh-colored tails, at first) But she's got such character - perhaps a pensiveness, and mischievousness all rolled up together - that even the wings have grown on me. This shot, with her looking out of the wildflowers, is particularly eye-catching here. And that's one of the few growlf's things I ever really liked, glad it's exnemized.

jackmix69 - Ooh, so *you* could sponsor me & I could just do comments on screenshots all day! :P What do you mean, it's in-game? Are you telling me these aren't *actual* photos here? Hmmph. ;)

sanityCheck - Great expression on Arnara. I particularly like this shot - that outfit, with that circlet & her coloring - perfect!

VanQa - I love the coloring in the shots of Aurora. Honestly, she's my least favorite of your characters so far though (perhaps it is just the race itself). She looks spectacular from the sides, but something about the front view is offsetting. Perhaps the eyes could go a bit farther apart? Or the cheekbones be either thinner or lower? That being said, the pictures are gorgeous as always - with her all golden & the background all blue & misty.

floydian1 (post8) - No, Sia, NO! Remember Beetlejuice - it's an eternity of civil service cubicleness! Nothing's worth that! ;)

Treetop Smoker - Oblivion's first girl band! Well, okay, probably not the first (I did see that guitar-wielding pic). But, and forgive me for this, I did sort of think "Spice Girls!" when I saw that pic. Something about those matching outfits. But not in a bad way! Okay, so maybe there's not really a "good" way to think "Spice Girls!", but hopefully you know what I mean. :P

floydian1 (post10) - *sigh* Now that's just a waste of those gorgeous boots! Dead girls can't truly appreciate great boots. Sia obviously needs someone to remind her of the limited shopping opportunities in the afterlife.

Darziak - Wow! These are beautiful shots, with crisp composition. I love the one you've highlighted in your post, but this one, with the empty chair, is actually my favorite - very moody. Don't know what category they'd go in, but I think they're definitely Scoopable material.

Spike4072 - Love your characters, as always - like greatfool1 said, your characters always have such character! :P I must say, I do miss Luna though. Of course, I also miss SeV's Jade, so perhaps I'm just suffering from an attack of nostalgia.

chiglet - this shot, with the rider framed in the distant sunset between the dark pillars of the gate, is truly beautiful. And I really do love your dremora girl.

cyborg - Yet another great character from you! She's both beautiful and unique.

floydian1 (post18) - Whilst I am still not sure Sia gets just how horrendous a fate an eternity of civil service employment is, this shot is beautiful. That's a new version of the wings, right? Seems shaped differently.

Von Stahlriven - First off, that is a bad-ass outfit! Love it, esp on your character there. Great shots, really. Did you do anything special to get her all lit like that, with the background still dull and unlit?

floydian1 (post20) - Ooh, I really like Sia with those feathery wings.

Page 2

Soul_Slayer - She really is gorgeous.

Rogue Sun - Work! Bah. We all need rich sponsors. :P Can you even take a not-gorgeous shot? Great angle, great lighting - really captures a mood & expression. She looks like a serious adventurer- of the magic-wielding kind- who can take care of herself. Or the head of some clan somewhere. Or - ok, I could just create so many stories out of that one shot!

chiglet - Ohmygod I so empathize with all the work in trying to get textures to work where they weren't designed to work! Nyxa is now officially one of my all-time favorite characters.

chiglet again! :P (post24) - I like Henry the best of the males. The other two both seem a little more feminine than I prefer in males, but that's just me. Perhaps they just seem young. I dunno. It's still great face creation - I guess I just want more hunky males. :lol:

chimera - Your characters are all great - they have a similar look amongst them, not unexpected being created by the same person, but do look different from a lot of the other characters here. And have really developed personality, too. This shot of Goldie is my favorite - perfect pose, and again it really captures her personality. I'd even say it could be SCOOPed.

Karandras - lovely screens, all! I really do like the bald chick. But now I'm bothered. I've seen the Dune miniseries. I've read Dune countless times. I don't remember a bald chick named Farah. My memory has totally failed me. :( I tried to google her, but with no success.

fyrefae - Ooooooooh. He's purty. Great shot, too - nice angle & lighting.

floydian1 - OK, I've decided Sia won't listen to my warnings about civil service and just needs a big hug! :hug:

Grimbot - Ah, so long since I've commented on grimbot-y goodness! Great shots, as always - I can't even pick out one favorite. You've said before that you re-sharpen your images after resizing, right? I dunno, I tried to sharpen pics in gimp & they never come out looking as crisp & shiny as yours. I think you have a special "make it grimbotalicious" button on your photo-editor that you're not telling us about. ;)

floydian1(post30) - Sia does look great in that white dress. I think she needs a big cup of hot chocolate, that's what I think.

Ha-ha! I have commented! (And Xetirox has not - mwaaahaaahahaha - mine is an evil laugh ;) ) Y'know, perhaps rather than a rich sponsor we could just invent a whole slew more federal holidays. :P

#16 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:16 AM

Karandras - lovely screens, all! I really do like the bald chick. But now I'm bothered. I've seen the Dune miniseries. I've read Dune countless times. I don't remember a bald chick named Farah. My memory has totally failed me. :( I tried to google her, but with no success.

My mistake there, I misspelled her name (its really Farrah) Oh and she was removed from the TV version of the Mini-series due to her role as a seductress not being "suitable for TV" (she was topless in a few parts) She was added back in for the Special edition dvd (Search for "Dune" on amazon.com, it should be the second one down)

Here is a picture of her in case your curious
Farrah
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#17 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:25 AM

My mistake there, I misspelled her name (its really Farrah) Oh and she was removed from the TV version of the Mini-series due to her role as a seductress not being "suitable for TV" (she was topless in a few parts) She was added back in for the Special edition dvd (Search for "Dune" on amazon.com, it should be the second one down)

Here is a picture of her in case your curious
Farrah

Thank you - I was curious! Now someone could link me to where she was in the book . . . (assuming she was in the book).

#18 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:37 AM

Thank you - I was curious! Now someone could link me to where she was in the book . . . (assuming she was in the book).

Your welcome, as for the book I have no idea. I have never actually read it and after a bunch of quick google searches I cant find any reference to her outside of the min-series. I guess its possible they just added her in for the heak of it :)
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#19 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:48 AM

Soul_Slayer - I haven't commented in a long time, but I've been *loving* your new character & the shots with her. At first, I'll admit, the flesh-colored wings kinda . . . bothered me? (As did flesh-colored tails, at first) But she's got such character - perhaps a pensiveness, and mischievousness all rolled up together - that even the wings have grown on me. This shot, with her looking out of the wildflowers, is particularly eye-catching here. And that's one of the few growlf's things I ever really liked, glad it's exnemized.

Soul_Slayer - She really is gorgeous.

Thank you m'lady. :cheers:

#20 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 07:53 AM

VanQa - I love the coloring in the shots of Aurora. Honestly, she's my least favorite of your characters so far though (perhaps it is just the race itself). She looks spectacular from the sides, but something about the front view is offsetting. Perhaps the eyes could go a bit farther apart? Or the cheekbones be either thinner or lower? That being said, the pictures are gorgeous as always - with her all golden & the background all blue & misty.

Posted Image

Thank you for the comment :) I've tweaked a bit, but can't get it much better then this :)

Posted Image