• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 06:15 AM

I can't seem to find a link to the item maker referenced in the item creation tutorial here, so I'm going to ask here. How do you create a quickslot item that can be used to cast Freedom of Movement 3x per day? I already have the graphics for the item I need-I just need to go about actually creating it.

Edited by Tempest, 10 July 2007 - 07:29 PM.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#2 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

You need to have an extended header with either an effect to cast the Freedom Of Movement spell, or a group of effect to duplicate the functionality of the spell. You'll want the charge count to be 3, and the charge-type to be per day. Whether an item can be placed in a quickslot is controlled by the item type.
Of course the easiest way is to find a similar item and modify that, I'm sure there must be one somewhere in the game files.

Visit the IESDP

#3 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 21 July 2007 - 01:48 AM

I can't seem to find a link to the item maker referenced in the item creation tutorial here, so I'm going to ask here. How do you create a quickslot item that can be used to cast Freedom of Movement 3x per day? I already have the graphics for the item I need-I just need to go about actually creating it.

Has this been resolved? If not, I can try to help with it. ^.^

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#4 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 07:12 AM

Nope, just been postponed. I'm going to leave the item mess until a later test version of Darian. I've been really busy with other things the last couple of days, but I'm crossing my fingers and hoping to have Darian ready for proofreading by the end of the week. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri