• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

Roughly 24 hours hence, Cuv is holding an Area Creation tutorial for those interested; during it, you will learn how to:
  • Make your map into a basic useable area
  • Make auxilary maps and cut out the door to your area
  • Make doors
  • Add animations and Ambients
  • Create walls
  • Create Flags, Containers, Triggers and Traps
  • How to use Actors and Scripting
To participate in this live tutorial, you must have the following:You will also need Yugma, a free desktop-sharing program which will be used in the tutorial.

To find out more information, read the thread here, and if you're interested in joining or watching, contact Cuv by PM or post in the thread!

The tutorial will be held on Friday the 13th of July, at 9pm (21:00) PST (GMT -8).

#2 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:32 AM

Hello everyone :cheers:

Class will begin right around 9pm PST, but we can wait a little while and get to know eachother if more are on the way. I have a dandy area for the class to make in the spirit of Friday the 13th. It will be a spooky crypt... who knows what the class will decide to put in there.

Yugma advertises that it supposts 10 people, so I have to assume that 10 is the maximum that can attend. It also runs alot smoother for you if you have some type of high speed connection. Dialups don't fair too well as you are receiveing a ton of info from my computer. If the turnout is good and everyone has a good time (and posts that they learned something), then we can do this again for the people who were not able to attend this one. Of course, if everyone posts just how much it bites... then, well, let everyone know that too and we just wont do it again...lol.

Below are the files you will need for the class.

Area art (bitmap):

Closed door area (chopped from original) for cutting out the door:

Area art (jpg for those who can't download the big file, you may convert to bmp yourself):

All the .bat files and the TISUnpacker for the WeiDU installer we will make (RAR'd):

Door bitmap (for anyone who has trouble cutting out the door or doesnt have a paint program):

I may have other files that I can share via MSN depending on just how far we get.

I look forward to seeing you tonight. We will go for as long as everyone wishes.

Cuv

Kae- If you could be so kind as to delete these files at your convenience after the class? I would hate to tie up that much space on the site. Thankies:)

Edit: Done - thanks Cuv!

Edited by K'aeloree, 14 July 2007 - 01:04 AM.

#3 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:44 AM

I tried just about all night to get Yugma to install - with absolutely no luck whatsoever. I'm going to try again tonight, before the class, but I'm not sure I can use it on my computer.

The problem was that I just couldn't get it to download manually (I couldn't use the java installer). I'll try again before the class.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#4 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 10:51 AM

I tried just about all night to get Yugma to install - with absolutely no luck whatsoever. I'm going to try again tonight, before the class, but I'm not sure I can use it on my computer.

The problem was that I just couldn't get it to download manually (I couldn't use the java installer). I'll try again before the class.

Hi Berelinde, I sure hope you can get the Yugma to install. You are welcome to attend on just MSN anyway, I will be walking everyone through the steps... and you could probably keep up if you have the other programs and those files, you just wont be able to see what I am doing.

BTW: my MSN contact is cuvieronius@aol.com

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:29 AM

I could not get Yugma to install either last night, it said something like make sure you select "always or yes" but I could not get the selection.HMMMMMMMMM........maybe today it will work.
Hoppy
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:32 AM

OK, if I tried and it didn't work, it was probably just something stupid I was doing wrong. If I tried and it didn't work *and* you tried and it didn't work, maybe there was something going on with the server or something.

Lets try again, and keep our fingers crossed!

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#7 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:35 AM

Just tried right now ( 3:34 PM EST) AND IT LOADED!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hoppy
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#8 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:51 AM

OK got Yugma loading but it seems to load endlessly. It won't go to the registration screen...... Also, I can't download Cuv's files. It looks like no one else can either with 0 downloads. Well at least the download for yugma works, I have an icon on my dektop.

- King Diamond

#9 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:57 AM

I downloaded Cuv's files ok, what problem are you having?

Visit the IESDP

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

OK got Yugma loading but it seems to load endlessly. It won't go to the registration screen......

That was the problem I had.

berelinde's mods

#11 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:27 PM

Berelinde, is your screen color depth 32 bit??? That is the only trouble with my PC, working on that now.

- King Diamond

#12 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:28 PM

IGI, I could download all the tools from the links but not the area files.....I will keep trying

- King Diamond

#13 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:34 PM

BOARD MESSAGE...sorry an error occurred etc. when I click on these links:
Area art (bitmap):
CVClass.bmp ( 3.12mb ) Number of downloads: 1

Closed door area (chopped from original) for cutting out the door:
ClosedDoorSection.bmp ( 101.27k ) Number of downloads: 1

Area art (jpg for those who can't download the big file, you may convert to bmp yourself):
CVClassjpeg.jpg ( 650.74k ) Number of downloads: 0

All the .bat files and the TISUnpacker for the WeiDU installer we will make (RAR'd):
Class_BATs.rar ( 42.61k ) Number of downloads: 1

Door bitmap (for anyone who has trouble cutting out the door or doesnt have a paint program):
Door01.bmp ( 24.05k ) Number of downloads: 1

I have downloaded a million files from SHS forums I don't know what is wrong now
AHHHHH!!

- King Diamond

#14 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:22 PM

The message I keep getting is "Several java machines running caused an error." I have absolutely no idea what to do to fix this.

I've changed my color settings to 16-bit.

Still can't get Yugma to work.

berelinde's mods

#15 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:25 PM

BOARD MESSAGE...sorry an error occurred etc. when I click on these links:

[...]

I have downloaded a million files from SHS forums I don't know what is wrong now
AHHHHH!!

You should be able to download the files now; the permission masks were slightly messed up. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#16 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:33 PM

SConrad, Phew thanks man! Berelinde I think Yugma needs to run in 32-bit display looking at their trouble shooter. I can only run in 24 bit on my machine so that's what I get for having a computer from the stone age. :angry:
CHEERS!!
Hoppy

- King Diamond

#17 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

SConrad, Phew thanks man!

You're welcome. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#18 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 08:03 PM

We are about the start the class. We still have room. Anyone wishing to join pop on MSN and join in the Yugma session

http://www.yugma.com...ssion=119485109

cuvieronius@aol.com

See ya there

Cuv

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:08 AM

Okay! We've just finished 'class', and we hope to have more people next time... I found it extremely rewarding, learnt an awful lot. Thank you so much, Cuv!

Here's a small screenshot of part of the area we're working on - it's not finished yet, but will be next time we get together... :)

progresss.jpg

#20 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 01:52 AM

Sorry I could not get there. Problems with the Yugma even with Cuv's link. :wall: However, when I restarted my computer this morning, I tried it and it worked. :lol: :crazy:
I'll be ready for the next one when it comes along!
Thanks all!!
Hoppy

- King Diamond