Adding animations to existing animation mods

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 06:27 PM

This is a simple tutorial for adding animation sequences to an existing animation mod.
I'm not too good at explaining things, so I'm including screenshots to help show what I'm talking about.

**NOTE***

Your lists will more than likely look different from mine, as I have already added some animations to my own installation, but the idea is still the same.

I said it was a simple tutorial, so I'm going to just add one of the pair animations from EFGAddPose (one of the ones that uses a ring to activate it), to the JOJO mod.

Firstly Open the CS, and select the mod you want to add the animation to, make this the active file.
Once it finishes loading, click on Gameplay, and from the drop-down menu choose "Idle animations..."

Click on the plus sign next to StandingJOJO* to expand the list, then click on the plus sign next to the sub-category you want the animation to show up in when in-game.
Right click on the last entry in the Sub-category, and choose "Insert sibling".

Posted Image

In the right hand side, give the animation the SAME NAME as the others in the list, just change the number to the next consecutive number.
(e.g. if the last entry is StandingJOJO304, yours should be StandingJOJO305).

Click on the button that says "Select Animation File", and navigate to the particular .kf file you wish to use, in this case, I'm adding the efgAIC501b.kf file.

Once you have the file set, the next step is to click on one of the existing animations in the list to get it's data.
Right click in the main body of the window of the existing animation, and choose "Copy All Conditions".

Posted Image

Now, switch back to the one you are adding, and again, right click in the main body, and choose "Paste Conditions".
Click on the "GetGlobalValue" condition, then look near the bottom of the window, you will see the "Value" box, you need to change the value to reflect the same number as the new animation, in this case, the value needs to be 360.0000.
Click on the "Close" button, you are done with this dialog window now.

Posted Image

Now, we need to add the new animation to the script, so once again click on "Gameplay", and choose "Edit Scripts".
When the script Editor window opens up, click on the little folder icon, and in this case, find the "SJOJOdummy1script", and double-click on it.

Posted Image

Once the script has loaded, scroll down to where the message boxes are set up, and add the number you gave your animation to the proper page in the script in the same format you see in the Script Editor.

Posted Image

Now Scroll down to where the information for the page you are modifying is displayed, and increase the number of buttons that will be displayed in the in-game dialog box.

Posted Image

Now add a new reference for your new animation in the script like in the following pic:

Posted Image

Click on the little black diskette button in the script editor window to save the script, close the editor window, and save the mod.

That's about it, go in-game and try it out.

EDIT: Thanks for pointing out the incorrect pic Karandras. :cheers:

Edited by Soul_Slayer, 23 July 2007 - 09:20 AM.

#2 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 29 July 2007 - 12:38 AM

A PDF Tutorial
Written by Soul Slayer
PDF made by Flucidity
for you to reference offline, store for later use, print, admire, memorize without having to come to these blasted boards : :rolleyes:

Download Here

Edited by Flucidity, 29 July 2007 - 12:44 AM.

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#3 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 05:50 AM

Thanks for converting it Flucidity. :cheers:

#4 Flucidity

Flucidity

Screen Shot Jockey/Mod Fiddler

• Modder
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

The text in the old version was way too small, but I never got around to changing it. So after I received a message from someone requesting the change, I found the time to turn a 15 minute quickie into a 1hour finely honed document. There's also a printable version (no added graphics)

**NEW UPDATED FILE: NO MORE NEED FOR MAGNIFYING GLASS** :cheers:

Edited by Flucidity, 08 August 2007 - 07:34 PM.

Sig.jpg

A rare beauty in the north, she's the finest lady on earth.
A glance from her, the whole city falls; a second glance leaves the whole nation in ruins.
There exists no city or nation, that has been more cherished
Than a beauty like this.
-Han Dynasty poet Li Yannian

Flucidity's Texture Resource

#5 -Juhan-

-Juhan-

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:46 PM

Hello, i tried to add one of my animations to efgs mod, the script was no problem but it seems my kf files are somewhat wrong. When i select my animation from ingame the model jerks for a moment and then does nothing, my animations do play with the forceAV fatigue -1 method but they were also done based on a rather old guide which was said to be not on-par with oblivions original animations so maybe theres a new method or something?