• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 Yovaneth

Yovaneth

The newly-appointed Master Builder of Baldur's Gate

• Modder
  • 3058 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:32 AM

I draw polygons for a living, so that's not too objectionable. (I also deal with Alibre for a living, which also tends to crash fairly randomly). Still, reliable information on what will and will not cause a crash is always appreciated; Yovaneth, I take it you've probably posted that online somewhere? Link for meh?

And any word on the window resizing, etc?

Woo - sorry about the missed post.

I haven't 'gathered in one place' all the actions that I know of that will cause DLTCEP to crash; they get mentioned throughout the tutorials as and when they occur within a given set of operations (gah! geek-speak. In other words, if doing X while creating an area causes a crash, it's mentioned in the AreaMaking tutorial etc).

I recently recovered a trashed IETME area using DLTCEP; it's possible to rebuild all doors, walls and overlays without losing any of the other existing information (actors, animations, entrances and exits etc). I will be creating a tutorial on how to do that, just as soon as I have time....

[EDIT] It doesn't look as it you can resize (zoom in) on a partial area when drawing polygons. I've been trawling through DLTCEP's source code and as most of the dialog windows are called as system modal, it makes it rather harder to control precisely what they are doing. It also doesn't help that Avenger doesn't believe in commenting his code :blink: Still, I've made a couple of usability changes that I'll be asking him to incorporate in a release version when I'm happy that they are stable.

-Y-

Edited by Yovaneth, 22 August 2007 - 02:37 AM.