Cheat Codes Only Sort Of Enabled

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 04:53 PM

So I did a big, full uninstall and reinstall (probably more complete than necessary, now I've read a bit more), and started a new game. Of course, one of the first things I did was reactivate the cheat codes.

Only--they're only sort of working. I can get the Clua console, but none of they keyboard cheats--Cntrl-y, J, I, etc, work. What's up? And, can I fix it?

I've a mod needs testing :crying:

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#2 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:09 PM

I had to add another line to my baldur.ini
It went like this:

[Program Options]
Cheats=1
Debug Mode=1

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#3 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:10 PM

You enabled console...did you also give it the CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys() command?

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#4 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:11 PM

No. And thanks--you just might have saved what's left of my sanity.

Mods: <a data-cke-saved-href="http://www.shsforums...-auroras-shoes/">Aurora's Shoes (released),

#5 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 05:11 PM

Try CLUAConsole:EnableCheatKeys()

Hope it helps.

EDIT: Or I'm slow.

Edited by Kellen, 22 July 2007 - 05:12 PM.

"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#6 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:10 PM

So that means you owe me your sanity...or does that only count for lives...

*ahem* I mean, you're welcome. ^.^ Anyone else think it'd be worth putting together a local list of console commands for future mod-testing, including some of the more obscure ones? (Or is there one already. <_<)

"Tyranny is a quiet thing at first, a prim and proper lady pursing her lips and shaking her head disapprovingly, asking, well what were you doing (wearing that dress, walking home at that hour, expressing those inappropriate thoughts) anyway? It's subtle and insidious, disguised as reasonable precautions which become more and more oppressive over time, until our lives are defined by the things we must avoid. She's easy enough to agree with, after all, she's only trying to help -- and yet she's one of the most dangerous influences we face, because if she prevails, it puts the raping, robbing, axe-wielding madmen of the world in complete control. Eventually they'll barely need to wield a thing, all they'll have to do is leer menacingly and we fall all over ourselves trying to placate them." -godlizard

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 22 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

(Or is there one already. <_<)

Well, ahgm. No-o-oh!! :whistling:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 01:02 AM

(Or is there one already. <_<)

Well, ahgm. No-o-oh!! :whistling:

Hence the "local." Any in favor? (Plus, those things often just have the commands that rampant cheaters are likely to find useful, rather than a full set--I vividly remember the plethora of horribly incomplete Half-Life 2 item listings <_<).

Edited by Azkyroth, 23 July 2007 - 01:03 AM.

#9 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 05:42 AM

I personally think it sounds like a great idea.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#10 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:28 AM

Does anyone know whether the CTRL+T (move time up an hour) cheat also affects LOVETALK timers? That would mucho come in handy.

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#11 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 06:50 AM

Does anyone know whether the CTRL+T (move time up an hour) cheat also affects LOVETALK timers? That would mucho come in handy.

I don't think it affects lovetalks (or other similar timers), but you can use CLUAConsole:AdvanceRealTime(insert amount of time here) for those.

#12 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 07:50 AM

Yes, I'm afraid the LT timer is seperate from the 24 hour rotation that goes on in the game, otherwise it'd probably only take the 30 game days to finish a romance if it was one LT for a 30 LT romance, much shorter time frame and a lot less annoying than having to leave the game running on pause when you have nothing else in it to kill, save the couple of respawing enemies in some areas, of course. :lol:
Sorry I can't suggest a remedy for that aside from what we all know moves LTs on in the same game day. But if I find something, you'll be the first to know. :)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#13 Pain Elemental

Pain Elemental

Always here, just look harder.

• 643 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:09 AM

It's probably common knowledge around here, but the trick I usually use is to pause the game, then have dinner or do something else and then un-pause.
Most of the time, a romance talk will be triggered since the timer advances in Real Time as noted in the above post. Also, skipping time with the AdvanceRealTime made me miss a lovetalk in the Fade romance so I tend use the above trick instead.

Edited by Pain Elemental, 23 July 2007 - 09:10 AM.

After an eternity away from you all, I've returned.

#14 igi

igi

IESDP Guardian

• Administrator
  • 1058 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 11:12 AM

IESDP

Specifically the CLUA console appendices, even more specifically this page (for BG2).

:wall:

Visit the IESDP

#15 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 02:23 PM

IESDP

Specifically the CLUA console appendices, even more specifically this page (for BG2).

So, that's a "no" vote on a local copy?

#16 Jolyth

Jolyth

Feather Boa Wielding Dominatrix

• 2016 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 05:53 AM

Azzy, do you need the item listing, the console codes or both? I have a pretty comprehensive listing of them.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOOHOO! What a Ride!

Some people are like slinkies. They are not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs!!

Dyslexia of Borg: Your ass will be laminated

Solaufein Flirt Pack

3doctors1.gif

#17 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:12 AM

Azzy: you can go to the page, copy it, and paste it into a word document or text document. Then you'll have a local copy.

You can use an IE browser like NI or even SK to browse item, area, creature, etc. files. :)

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#18 Bookwyrme

Bookwyrme
  • Modder
  • 5804 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 11:31 AM

So that means you owe me your sanity...or does that only count for lives...

*ahem* I mean, you're welcome. ^.^ Anyone else think it'd be worth putting together a local list of console commands for future mod-testing, including some of the more obscure ones? (Or is there one already. <_<)

If it counts for sanity, are you now responsible for anything I do from now on?

#19 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

IESDP

Azzy: you can go to the page, copy it, and paste it into a word document or text document. Then you'll have a local copy.

You can use an IE browser like NI or even SK to browse item, area, creature, etc. files. :)

Local copy? Can't you see the download link that igi just linked to?

#20 Azkyroth

Azkyroth
  • Modder
  • 3496 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:21 PM

IESDP

Local copy? Can't you see the download link that igi just linked to?

So in other words, no, no one thinks there's any particular value in taking that information and posting it in a thread, perhaps stickied, perhaps with some similar information, in one of the modding forums here. All right then.