Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 24 July 2007 - 04:13 AM

Lord of the Rings Item Pack

SHS Mirror
Alternate Mirrors: Mirror 1 - Mirror 2 - Mirror 3 - Mirror 4

This is an item pack which replaces certain items in the game with Lord of the Rings themed items.

CHANGES
- 1.03 Italian translation by Giuseppe added, bug fixed where Narya's inventory graphic was not displayed
- 1.02 Czech translation by sargon added
- 1.01 WeiDUd, some typos fixed

Items replaced:

Narya, Red Ring of Fire ~ RING27 ~ Ring of Fire Control
Vilya, Ring of Sapphire ~ RING28 ~ Ring of Air Control
Nenya, Ring of Water ~ RING29 ~ Ring of Earth Control
Sting, Shortsword +2 ~ SW1H26 ~ Ilbratha
Glamdring ~ SW1H40 ~ Blade of Roses
Shards of Narsil ~ SW1H62 ~ Foebane +3
Anduril, Flame of the West ~ SW1H63 ~ Foebane +5
Scabbard of Lothlorien ~ COMPON03 ~ Fflar's Scabbard
Horn of Gondor ~ MISC3K ~ Gold Horn of Valhalla
Morgol Blade ~ NEBDAG ~ Neb's Nasty Cutter
Cloak of Lorien ~ CLCK23 ~ Cloak of Elvenkind
Mithril Chain Mail +2 ~ CHAN14 ~ Sylvan Chain
Dwarfen Ring ~ LRRING2 ~ -
Light of Earendil ~ MISC9R ~ Light Gem
Palantir ~ MISC6P ~ Shadow Dragon Wardstone

Edited by Shed, 31 March 2009 - 01:50 PM.

#2 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:28 PM

Hello!

I have translated "Lord of the Rings Items" in italian and I have enclosed my translation here below.
When I tested it, I found out some things.
- Vilya's abilities include "Zone of Sweet Air" and "Summon Air Elemental", but I can't select them with two different bottoms - there is only one that casts both spells at the same time.
- Narya hasn't an item icon - it is invisible! It is appaling bringing a ring at your finger that you can't see...
- If you installed Unfinished Business for BG2 - the component "Restored ToB items" - you can riforge Anduril with the Scabbard of Lothlorien, but its description and abilities are those introduced by UB component. Maybe you can choose another sword.
- Using the palantir you can cast "Clairvoyance" and "Oracle"; they work well, but they have the same icon.

I hope my notes are useful. :)

Attached Files

#3 Shed

Shed

-Shed-

• Modder
  • 2636 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 02:03 PM

I have released a minor update to this mod. There is one bug fix, and an Italian translation added.

I have translated "Lord of the Rings Items" in italian and I have enclosed my translation here below.

Great, thanks :).

Vilya's abilities include "Zone of Sweet Air" and "Summon Air Elemental", but I can't select them with two different bottoms - there is only one that casts both spells at the same time.

Vilya has two abilities, and they seem to work fine. One casts Zone of Sweet Air and Summon Air Elemental both at the same time. The other ability is Greater Restoration.

Narya hasn't an item icon - it is invisible! It is appaling bringing a ring at your finger that you can't see

Thanks, I've fixed this now :) .

If you installed Unfinished Business for BG2 - the component "Restored ToB items" - you can riforge Anduril with the Scabbard of Lothlorien, but its description and abilities are those introduced by UB component. Maybe you can choose another sword.

I wasn't aware of that, but the way the mod was originally set up is just asking for incompatibility.

Using the palantir you can cast "Clairvoyance" and "Oracle"; they work well, but they have the same icon.

The two abilities have the correct icons corresponding to the two spells. The text of both says "Palantir" instead of, say, "Oracle", but I don't think I can change that.

#4 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 11:00 PM

Absolutely flawless! :cheers:
Thank you very much for having added my translation!