Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
307 replies to this topic

#1 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:36 AM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #16 here

Edited by greatfool1, 16 August 2007 - 09:47 AM.

#2 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

I always enjoy your shots, Groo, especially your very unique looking character, Sin.

However, we have asked that people only post a maximum of 3 full-size shots/post, and the rest be links or thumbnails. This is from the op:

"To help out those with slower connections please only post at most 3 full size shots and put the rest as links or thumbnails."

Edited by greatfool1, 16 August 2007 - 09:49 AM.

#3 Groo

Groo

The Wanderer

• 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:11 AM

oops, sorry bout that :ermm:

#4 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:38 AM

Yay! New comments thread! I hopes to see many great screens a coming from everyone.

@greatfool1: I really appreciate the feedback about the base Landscape texture. I always appreciate feedback from friends about my works, whether they are pictures or mods. Course I may have to Contact Prometheus for some tips though. At current, After importing with TESAnnwyn, it seems I will have to do a lot of erosion in the Heightmap to get things relatively smooth while keeping the high peaks.

Plus I can't seem to get the sea level at the right level yet. :angry:

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 16 August 2007 - 10:39 AM.

A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#5 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:05 PM

Posted Image

Where/What mod shows that sky??
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#6 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:13 PM

here

#7 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:14 PM

here

Thanks Soul. :D
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

#8 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

Well today I decided to do this a little earlier than normal because I have been feeling tired.

Hmm to post in thread 15 comments or thread 16 comments....decisions decisions...oh well, here will do

Quote of the day:

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

ChaironDeCeleste

Post #195: Amoz looks really good wearing that armor, I don't get the comment though... :unsure:

Post #197: You have been using Amoz as a bullet shield for months? Shame on you! :)

Post #200: First a :cookie: for getting post 200. Now I know it may be a bit pathetic but I am yet again not getting the comment, sorry :( (Still a good picture though[/url]

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Mabey a little explination box for those of us (me) who are humor impaired? :whistling:

Chiglet

Post #196: Well thats a new one, a blue, friendly, Xivilai fairy out to help people :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: How did he manage to spear his hand? :)

Vanqa

Post #199 (video): Very nice little videos, I really liked you choices of music on both of them :coolthumb:

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: The only question I can think of involves piracy so I won't ask it :whistling: (if anyone who has no sense of humor and works for the RIAA reads this it is a joke, please don't sue)

Groo

Post #201: Not the sort of person I want to meet in a dark oblivion cave :) (or anywhere for that matter...)

Thread 16

Post #2: WHAT IS THIS!!?!?! I repost not even an hour after the original!?!? Thats it I quit...
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#9 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:44 PM

Emilie says thank you to Jasmine for the lovely outfits...

Cheers my dear.
Posted Image

Posted Image

All I can say is WOW. :woot:

#10 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgûl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 04:47 PM

Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around today, just got Fable after a small crisis today, so I was a bit occupied.

I'll be around more tommorow, however.

#11 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 05:59 PM

Posted Image

Took the words right out of my mouth! WOW! :Tasty:

#12 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:15 PM

Posted Image

Took the words right out of my mouth! WOW! :Tasty:

:D
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

#13 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 06:42 PM

Trevaia thanks you Slayer! :)

I just knew they would look hot on Trevaia
Posted Image

I'm going to be releasing the Lace retextures in a little while, don't worry though, there will be some redone versions in the shop mod. :new_thumbs:

Edited by Soul_Slayer, 16 August 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#14 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:07 PM

Oh all right I will finish the post *sigh*

Radicus

Post #3: Really nice shots, it almost looks like you are playing golf in this picture :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: What editing did you do on the golf shot? I cant tell :unsure:

Shadow'

Post #4: Okay keep breathing, keep breathing, ignore the repost and move along...

Post #7: Amazing battle sequence very touching ending

Post #8: Really awesome sky picture almost made me miss the girl :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: What sword is that that guy is using?

Greatfool1

Post #5(slide show): Nice slide show, "interesting" song :) Creative angles blocking everything ;)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions
: What is the name of that song in the slide show?

Soul_Slayer

Post #6:Woohoo more armor for the shop :)

Post #10
: First cooking and now we get a cook out, looks fun :)

Post #20: Hmm better than the second one and a bit worse than the first one in my opinion.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: just an observation, at this rate once that shop is released it is gonna double the number of outfits for Exnems :)

Floydian1

Post #8: Never quite figured Sia to be the type to randomly break out into dance in the bathhouse...oh well, no complaints here

Post #12: Um you might wanna turn around, just a suggestion...

Post #19: Well, you sure have your work cut out for you :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Did you just change the scale of that guy in the CS to get him that big or did you do something else to get him that size?

Highpressure

Post #9(video): Great dance video, the dance went well with the song.

Post #13: Hm a bit random but still good. (after all who gets off their horse to stand defiantly on a empty bridge in the middle of the night?) :whistling:

Post #21: Ah so this explains the bridge scene, she was waiting for a new delivery from Soul_Slayer :) Well played.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Please excuse my paranoid rambling, my was screwed on right this morning (there i go again...)

Darziak

Post #11: Ouch! that must kill! oh wait...

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Looks like it's time to launch a full scale investigation into who murdered him :)

Rogue Sun

Post #14: Breathtaking vista (if only the same could be said of the Windows product...)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Drawing a blank, sorry

Ginnyfizz

Post #15: Beautiful :) Shame there is only 4 pictures of her...

Post #17 (nudity)
: Let us all take a moment of silence to mourn the impending death of dog-kind, I already miss Pumpkin :crying:

Von Stahlriven

Post #16 (nudity): Great editing and character :coolthumb:

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Don't lose anything too important while moving :)

And now for tomorrow....*cringe*

Edited by Karandras, 16 August 2007 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#15 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:25 PM

@ highpressure - Great dance number there - the music really went well with the pace of the animation! Edit: Damn, Karandras already said that! Oh well, it really did!

And speaking of Special K:

Greatfool1
Post #5(slide show): Nice slide show, "interesting" song :) Creative angles blocking everything ;)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions
: What is the name of that song in the slide show?

Thanks! That song is "Kiwi" from Maroon 5's latest CD "It Won't Be Soon Before Long". Great CD, lots of good stuff, though I like their earlier one better... well, maybe not better.

When Ginny mentioned New Zealand $s the other day, and I saw her hot Lana character, I was also playing the song "Kiwi" and I couldn't help myself with the slideshow. (In reality, it was Brinn's boyfriend's wet dream that I happened to be filming, but don't even ask how I happened to be there.)

Edited by greatfool1, 16 August 2007 - 08:26 PM.

#16 Xetirox

Xetirox

The other Black Swordsman

• 74 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:34 PM

Groo: They might be reposts, but they're new to me (damn you, month-long hiatus!   :rtfm: ). The dude has some interesting gear on (I'm really digging the mask), as well as some interesting living arrangements.

Radicus: Now isn't she a haughty thing? The glasses and the expression give that impression anyway, and gives her a very neat appearance. And the blue sunset does look nice, gives the scene a very surreal and alien appearance.

Shadow': Some very pretty characters, and some awesome-looking swords as well. Zero's my favorite you got there, especially with the sunset shot, very pretty. Aiyla's Distant Fire pic is also good; it's an interesting scene, and I think her flaming sword adds a neat touch to it. Did she cause the fire?   :devil: Nice action shots too, the Dremora impaling is cool; I like how the cold colors of the sword contrast with all the hot colors in the pic, makes it look more heroic. Her expression in the last one is good, looks sad, and the pose of her dead friend is good. Could have done a better job on the blood, though.

Greatfool1: Naughty, naughty, a slight shift with the camera, and you wouldn't be able to use the IMG tags. ~_^ That dude's got some mad tats, though. Too bad for him the red-head didn't appear interested in a ménage à trois.

Floydian1: Excellent lighting in this pic here, especially on the sword, very bright (and it's a wicked weapon in its own right)! And the Balrog looks flippin' cool standing against that starry backdrop; the starry blue heavens give an interesting contrast against his fiery, demonic hide.

Soul Slayer: Mmmm, got a good barbeque going there, and a nice view over here. I like how the reflections of the mountains turned out on the water.

Darziak: Cool sequence of shots. The impaling one is good, his positioning appears authentic, and looks like he was really caught unawares (though the blood could use some work), and I like his falling position. Any specific tricks you did pulling that off?

Rogue Sun:  :blink: That's...all I can say about this. It's yet another beautiful shot of yours! The angle is good, the nebula is captivating, the sense of depth is spot on (the moon appears considerably closer to us that the nebula), and the glowing star in the corner is the cherry on top to a most excellent composition of the night sky. I would certainly be enjoying it as much as the lass there certainly is.

Highpressure: Ah, the pieces of the sky we can see here is lovely, she better be enjoying it. As for the re-textures, they're looking good so far. The transparencies look spot-on, and the flowery patterns in the lace are very detailed and intricate, especially on the legs. Really like the asymmetry the patterns have going on on them.

Ghinnyfizz: Heh, Deceiving Armor is a fitting name for it; they call it armor, but it hardly protects anything. ^_~

Von Stahlriven: Lil'ith, very fitting name for her, her pose and expression give an air of seduction. Hmm, I'm looking at it, and I'm getting kind of creeped out; her eyes seems to follow you...

Edited by Xetirox, 16 August 2007 - 08:38 PM.

"Even if I forcibly replace everything I've lost, they won't go back to normal."
-Guts, episode 287

The Threads of Causality have been tied! This topic is branded for sacrifice!

#17 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 08:43 PM

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: just an observation, at this rate once that shop is released it is gonna double the number of outfits for Exnems :)

I can't help it, it's like a sickness. 8)

Soul Slayer: Mmmm, got a good barbeque going there, and a nice view over here. I like how the reflections of the mountains turned out on the water.

Thanks. :cheers:

For those interested, I have released the Lace Outfits

Get them here

#18 Groo

Groo

The Wanderer

• 69 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

Groo: They might be reposts, but they're new to me (damn you, month-long hiatus! :rtfm: ). The dude has some interesting gear on (I'm really digging the mask), as well as some interesting living arrangements.

#19 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 09:38 PM

Shadow'

Post #4: Okay keep breathing, keep breathing, ignore the repost and move along...

Post #7: Amazing battle sequence very touching ending

Post #8: Really awesome sky picture almost made me miss the girl :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: What sword is that that guy is using?

Reposts get to you Karandras? :devil:
Thanks for the comments. :D
The sword? I don't remember at all. Something with Dragon in the name? It came with an armor set...
Thinking...
Thinking...
Thinking...
*brain go squish*
Ow...
I can't remember...

Shadow': Some very pretty characters, and some awesome-looking swords as well. Zero's my favorite you got there, especially with the sunset shot, very pretty. Aiyla's Distant Fire pic is also good; it's an interesting scene, and I think her flaming sword adds a neat touch to it. Did she cause the fire? :devil: Nice action shots too, the Dremora impaling is cool; I like how the cold colors of the sword contrast with all the hot colors in the pic, makes it look more heroic. Her expression in the last one is good, looks sad, and the pose of her dead friend is good. Could have done a better job on the blood, though.

Thanks Xetirox. ^_^
In regards to the blood (which sentence I bolded), I tried. I really did. But my photoshop skills make children cry.
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

#20 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 16 August 2007 - 10:58 PM

Chiglet
Post #196: Well thats a new one, a blue, friendly, Xivilai fairy out to help people :)
Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: How did he manage to spear his hand? :)

Well, I wouldn't exactly say he's friendly. :devil: Or out to truely help people. Unless it;s 6 feet under never mind the pine box. That animation is one of the Sheogorath cane animations from AiM.

Comments from me will have to wait for a bit later. Eyes are still buggy from trying to read 100's of microscopically printed class schedules, and I've got an incredible urge to take a battle axe to all the phones I can.:wall: Excellent shots of what I can see though. :cheers: :)