Photo

Comments about PoOC thread #16

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
307 replies to this topic

#41 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

As for even getting addicted to games such as Wow?? I doubt I could as I find just the idea of having to pay to play a game that I've already paid for a complete turn-off. :) Though, karandras, your how to on quitting was one of the most hilarious things I've read.

Glad you liked it :) It was quite fun to make up, unfortunately I haven't played fable so I can't make a guide of how to quit that :whistling:

Okay, nice quote of the day today:

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I couldn't decide between these two :)

Xetirox

Post #22: Really cool picture, I love the reflection in the orb.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: How did you get that effect in the orb?

Highpressure

Post #23(video): Okay, that guy needs to learn to calm down :) He is gonna kill himself from clapping that much :)(Although I suppose he does have a good reason to be happy :whistling: )

Post #28: Hmm seems a lot of people are taking driving lessons, either that or all horses are getting wheels installed...

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions
: In trying to think of a question I got am idea, many thanks :)

Shadow'

Post #24: So many different thinks to comment on...might as well get started :) Very nice blue comet (nearly wrote comment :whistling: ) and fire strike.

Post#24 part 2: Never thought frostcrag would look so nice :)

Post #24 part 3: It may break a few copyright laws but that spell still looks nice :) (Thats assuming spells from Harry potter are copyrighted)

Post #24 part 4: :blink: :blink: Holy......

Post #34: Hmmm 12 hours, not bad for "awhile" :) At last, more picture of my favorite girl :)

Post #43: To be honest was their any doubt she would win with a sword like that?

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Not a questions but I must once again mention how amazingly awesome those Balrog shots are.

CapsAdmin

Post #25: losing everythings really stinks (I speak from experience here) Even so very nice shots, perfect for wallpapers.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: How do you get the black background like that?

Vanqa

Post #26: Really nice battles

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: Did you change the size of that Dremora? He looks a bit big

Soul_Slayer

Post #27: Isn't that more like, wait, what am I saying here? To many distractions...

Post #29: You have so many versions of that outfit I can no longer tell what is a new one and what is an old one :) (not that it really matters...)

Post #37: "Come back tomorrow, I am sleeping..."

Questions/suggestions/answers to questions: Now that's not very nice... :crying:

cyborgakadjmoose

Post #30: ooooo a blind assassin, very neat.

Post #32: Hmm I can think of three captions for this one
Caption A: I really need to clean my nails...

Caption B
: In hindsight, sharpening this thing on my wrist might not have been the best idea...

Caption C: Hey! Stop pointing!

Answers to questions/suggestions/questions: So, who is first on the hit list? A wood elf I hope? :D

Floydian1

Post #31: Did you redo the wings? They look really nice

Post #33: Balrog versus Dragon with magic support! Taking bets now :)

Post #35: That outfit sure seems popular (with good reason)

Post #45: Shame divine intervention was removed...

Suggestions/comments/questions/answers to questions: Can't think of any that might be half-intelligent (or even a eighth..)

Darziak

Post #36: Um buddy? your dead...

Post #36 part 2: Awwwww, he looks cute :)

Suggestions/some other stuff: whoops messed this one up..

Leomorq

Post #38:Angles and demons indeed :) Very nice pictures

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: so, how long till these two have a duel to the death? :)

Ginnyfizz

Post #39: Very nice

Dang I DID try to resize them...the pix I mean devil.gif

What else might you mean? :rolleyes: :whistling:

Questions
: Any chance of larger versions of those pictures coming along? (Plus, how did you get them so small? I nearly destroyed my eyes trying to see them :) ) (j/k)

Ryu Doppler

Post #40: "interesting" caption on this one ;)

Random political statement: What this country needs is more free speech worth listening to.

Radicus

Post #41: you have a habit of getting the first post on a page, is that on purpose? Anyway [ur=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v316/Radicus/Oblivion2007-08-1521-36-00-31.jpg]this[/url] is a really great shot :) (I also really like the last 2 pictures :) )

*sigh*:If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.

Spike4072

Post #42: Nice to see more pictures from you, Great assassination shot.

Suggestions/Questions/answers to questions: Nicely done with the flame covering Luna's face

Kalia

Post #44: Amazing weapon demo with a pulchritudinous character :wub: (now thats a word you don't see every day...)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Nothing I could say would possibly improve your pictures so I will keep quiet :hug:

So Today we had the return of Xertirox, CapsAdmin, Spike4072 and Kalia, a very good day In my opinion :) (despite the insanity that comes along with mt post)

Oh what the heak, another quote to finish the post (bonus points if you can find all 7 quotes (only 5 are using the quote tag) and even more points that mean noting if you can find the link I messed up on but decided not to change :whistling: Good luck :):

A little government and a little luck are necessary in life, but only a fool trusts either of them.

Just noticed the time, sorry about this being later than normal. My little pre-post nap went on a bit to long :ph34r: (I have always wanted to use that emote...)
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#42 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:37 PM

@cyborgakadjmoose: Um...it actually looks like she is trying to cut herself with her blade! :blink: Other than that shes lovely too!

:D Yeah...Wow I just noticed that. I guess she'd be into that, being in the Dark Brotherhood and all. I thought she was sorta just caressing the blade or something...I guess it got her creepy side across!

Ryu Doppler:
For the record...this pic is freaking awesome. I love how the bear is caught mid-leap!

cyborgakadjmoose

Caption B: In hindsight, sharpening this thing on my wrist might not have been the best idea...
Answers to questions/suggestions/questions: So, who is first on the hit list? A wood elf I hope? :D

:D Hilarious Karandras! As far as the hit list is concerned...a wood elf is next...but for now I'll have to appease you with a High Elf Skooma Addict...

Edited by cyborgakadjmoose, 17 August 2007 - 09:49 PM.

CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image

#43 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 09:54 PM

Shadow'

Post #24: So many different thinks to comment on...might as well get started :) Very nice blue comet (nearly wrote comment :whistling: ) and fire strike.

Post #24 part 3: It may break a few copyright laws but that spell still looks nice :) (Thats assuming spells from Harry potter are copyrighted)

Post #24 part 4: :blink: :blink: Holy......

Post #34: Hmmm 12 hours, not bad for "awhile" :) At last, more picture of my favorite girl :)

Post #43: To be honest was their any doubt she would win with a sword like that?

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Not a questions but I must once again mention how amazingly awesome those Balrog shots are.

Many thanks for the comments Karandras. ^_^
But I think you made a mistake in post#24 part 2. That's not a link of any of my shots?
Also, why does everyone mention Harry Potter in regards to the Astral Stag screen?? Am I missing something??

Edited by Shadow', 17 August 2007 - 09:55 PM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#44 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:39 PM

EDIT: Holy crap! Chiglet does have an Avatar! :coolthumb:

Holy f*&%! And it's AWESOME!

Leomorq

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: so, how long till these two have a duel to the death? :)

Well, hum, let me guess...

...'til the death ? :D

And many thanx, Chiglet and Ryu!
Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#45 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 10:51 PM

Okay, nice quote of the day today:

Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

I couldn't decide between these two :)

Quotes of the day? Well heres my quote of the day.

Educational games suck...except for the Oregon Trail.

Oregon Trail: Ryu gains Dysentery...
IG Ryu: I'm haven't even left the first town yet!!! :wall: :crying:

Ryu Doppler

Post #40: "interesting" caption on this one ;)

Random political statement: What this country needs is more free speech worth listening to.

Got it from a video I watched recently (1st Episode of Captain S.). It's kinda hard to develop some screenshot titles when I have to censor them for the Bethesda forums, but I get by somehow.

Edit: Now that I think of it, Oregon Trail was the very First game that Ryu ever did appear in! :blink:

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 17 August 2007 - 10:52 PM.

A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#46 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

@ Karandras - thanks, and wow - I actually had to pull out my dictionary. :P

Floydian1 - :blush: aww :wub:

#47 Xetirox

Xetirox

The other Black Swordsman

• 74 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:15 AM

@Xetirox: Wha... do you made that armors??? By the way, great duel!!!

Thanks. No, I didn't make the armors. The Dunmer's is wearing Ice Armor (from Bloodmoon) from Ghogiel's Armory, and the Argonian is wearing Kelryn's Phoenix Equipment.

@Xetirox: A Mastermind! You don't see many of those character these days! Well done!

Thanks! Had this guy on reserve for a while, and had the idea for this image for a long time.

Xetirox

Post #22: Really cool picture, I love the reflection in the orb.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: How did you get that effect in the orb?

Thanks. As for how I accomplished it, well, that's a bit of a long process in Photoshop. First, we started with the basic screenshot, after a bit of cropping. WIP 0.

1).First, I took this screenshot of mine into Photoshop, cut out a circle of the character, and shrunk small enough to fit within the crystal ball. WIP 1.

2).I decreased the opacity of the layer to 50%, and partially erased the edges with an eraser at 75% opacity to give it a faded effect. WIP 2.

3). Then, I copied the crystal ball, and pasted it in place in a layer above the separate image, and decreased its opacity by 50%, making the image in the ball even more faint, and to give the reflections of light greater power, and intensity, so that they looked as if they were on the surface, and the image was within the crystal. WIP 3.

4). Then, afterward, pulled my usual trick of merging all the layers together and made an adjustment layer, set as a partially transparent Overlay. Usually, I set it at 50%, but this time, it was at 85% to get some more radical-looking lighting changes. Then, I used a partially transparent paintbrush to paint the character, the table, the ball, and throne white, and the rest black, to give an eerie look to the whole thing, as if he's sitting in darkness with only a single glow to light the place up. WIP 4.

5). Then, after merging all those together, I altered the brightness and contrast, giving it a crimson glow, making the light and image really stand out on the ball, and giving it a very sinister-looking crimson light to the entire pic. FINAL IMAGE.
"Even if I forcibly replace everything I've lost, they won't go back to normal."
-Guts, episode 287

The Threads of Causality have been tied! This topic is branded for sacrifice!

#48 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 12:55 AM

@ Shadow', Ryu Doppler, and leomorg - Much thanks, and glad you like. :) It's sort of, well, me. :whistling:

As for even getting addicted to games such as Wow?? I doubt I could as I find just the idea of having to pay to play a game that I've already paid for a complete turn-off. :) Though, karandras, your how to on quitting was one of the most hilarious things I've read.

Glad you liked it :) It was quite fun to make up, unfortunately I haven't played fable so I can't make a guide of how to quit that :whistling:

I went and did a little research on Falbe, told my husband about it, and he found it on his way home from work and picked it up. :) Apparenlty it's not an MMO, which is a good thing. He'll be dealing with that when Conan comes out. :blink:

#49 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 01:41 AM

Post #26: Really nice battles

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: Did you change the size of that Dremora? He looks a bit big

No i didn't change the size of the Dremora, I made Gwen a bit smaller :)

Edited by VanQa, 18 August 2007 - 01:42 AM.

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#50 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgûl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:19 AM

@ Kalia - I agree with Floyd on that one :wub:

@ VanQa - Great action shots, I'm a big fan!

@ Floyd - Flaming Sword!??! I guess she is taking some lessons from the Balrog of Morgoth, huh?

@ Spike - Love Luna :). Didn't peg her for a murderer though ;).

@ Chimera - Nice new char!

@ THe others - I don't have the energy for giving you all detailed comments, but your shots - well they strike envy in me!

#51 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:20 AM

Spike4072

Suggestions/Questions/answers to questions: Nicely done with the flame covering Luna's face

by the look of some of the great shots I am seeing I missed out on some new animations again. :(

Edited by Spike4072, 18 August 2007 - 04:20 AM.

#52 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 04:28 AM

Caption B: In hindsight, sharpening this thing on my wrist might not have been the best idea...

:D Hilarious Karandras! As far as the hit list is concerned...a wood elf is next...but for now I'll have to appease you with a High Elf Skooma Addict...

High Elfs are good to kill too :) Glad you liked the list

Shadow'

Post #24: So many different thinks to comment on...might as well get started :) Very nice blue

Many thanks for the comments Karandras. ^_^
But I think you made a mistake in post#24 part 2. That's not a link of any of my shots?
Also, why does everyone mention Harry Potter in regards to the Astral Stag screen?? Am I missing something??

Your welcome :) and yea i kinda goofed when putting the link it (it is a link to the video I was watching when I was writing the post) and I decided to leave it in for the heak of it :)

As for Harry Potter it is because that spell shares the same name and exact look of one of the major spells in the Harry Potter series

Leomorq

Well, hum, let me guess...

...'til the death ? :D

That works :)

@ Karandras - thanks, and wow - I actually had to pull out my dictionary. :P

Thank you I just learned that work in my vocabulary class and I figured it would be a good time to use it :)

Xetirox
1).First, I took this screenshot of mine into Photoshop, cut out a circle of the character, and shrunk small enough to fit within the crystal ball. WIP 1.

2).I decreased the opacity of the layer to 50%, and partially erased the edges with an eraser at 75% opacity to give it a faded effect. WIP 2.

3). Then, I copied the crystal ball, and pasted it in place in a layer above the separate image, and decreased its opacity by 50%, making the image in the ball even more faint, and to give the reflections of light greater power, and intensity, so that they looked as if they were on the surface, and the image was within the crystal. WIP 3.

4). Then, afterward, pulled my usual trick of merging all the layers together and made an adjustment layer, set as a partially transparent Overlay. Usually, I set it at 50%, but this time, it was at 85% to get some more radical-looking lighting changes. Then, I used a partially transparent paintbrush to paint the character, the table, the ball, and throne white, and the rest black, to give an eerie look to the whole thing, as if he's sitting in darkness with only a single glow to light the place up. WIP 4.

5). Then, after merging all those together, I altered the brightness and contrast, giving it a crimson glow, making the light and image really stand out on the ball, and giving it a very sinister-looking crimson light to the entire pic. FINAL IMAGE.

Neat, thank you for the step by step guide :)

No i didn't change the size of the Dremora, I made Gwen a bit smaller :)

Ah that explains it :)

Edit: Hmm messed up some of the quotes, oh well...mostly fixed now

Edit2: missed spikes post :whistling:

Spike4072

by the look of some of the great shots I am seeing I missed out on some new animations again. :(

The only new animations that have come out recently are these, enjoy :)

Edited by Karandras, 18 August 2007 - 04:35 AM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#53 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:31 AM

Oooh, I think I'm gonna do Ophelia/Sia screenies today. :wub: ;)

#54 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:38 AM

Oooh, I think I'm gonna do Ophelia/Sia screenies today. :wub: ;)

Looking forward to that my love :) :wub:
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#55 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 07:55 AM

@kalia: You drained the pool in Thermae? Cool idea. :cheers: The screens are lovely.

#56 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:00 AM

@kalia: You drained the pool in Thermae? Cool idea. :cheers: The screens are lovely.

Yeah, just added a room - copy of the original - without water in the cell. Turns out the floor of the pool is sloped though, so there are some hassles. :P

#57 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

Yeah, just added a room - copy of the original - without water in the cell. Turns out the floor of the pool is sloped though, so there are some hassles. :P

Great for posing it is, Kalia did a great job of converting it for that purpose :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:
Posted Image

#58 CapsAdmin

CapsAdmin
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 08:42 AM

CapsAdmin

Post #25: losing everythings really stinks (I speak from experience here) Even so very nice shots, perfect for wallpapers.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: How do you get the black background like that?

coc testinghall in console, and find the basement test door. I also had something that was emitting light. (ring of light that has something like 5 - 10 "light points")

#59 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:03 AM

Highpressure that looks great, where you getthing the interesting head jewelery from?
Posted Image

#60 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 18 August 2007 - 10:28 AM

@ Chimera - Nice new char!

@ THe others - I don't have the energy for giving you all detailed comments, but your shots - well they strike envy in me!

Thanks Hector. I haven't been playing but I woke up 2:AM with a severe sore throat and the pink eye so I couldn't get to sleep. So I figure spend the rest of the night doing something. So with one eye swollen and half closed I managed to git-er-dun. I may work on her a bit more later. Doing things like that helps me pass the time very quickly. I want her to look more like Amanda Tapping from Stargate SG1 so I will google some pics of her. Who knows what will emerge.

Edited by Chimera, 18 August 2007 - 10:29 AM.