• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 08:30 AM

Well.. I didn't see this thread anywhere, so I thought I'd start it up!

Shoot. Insane wild surges? At least I want to hear about them..

I was a level 1 wild mage (only me and Imoen, right after Candlekeep - yay for BGT), intended to cast a magic missile.. and, whoops, summoned a nabassu instead.

Or when I was going to cast Haste and accidently turned Xan into a squirrel.

And if a topic like this exists already, or if I've posted it in the wrong forum, please tell me. :3

Edited by Choo Choo, 19 August 2007 - 08:31 AM.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#2 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 19 August 2007 - 02:49 PM

I'm running a Wild Jester in one of my games, and let-me-tell-ya those surges have mostly saved my ass.

There was one fight, I can't remember which, where I knew the caster was going to whoop our butts, and the surge turned him to stone! Woo-hoo! talk about a change in the tide of the battle.

My comments from another board:

- An enemy gated in a demon! No one had Prot.f.Evil so we ran away, all the time with some enemies following us, until it disappeared.
- The final spell in a very big battle, a NPC caused a flock of birds to rotate around the screen for several rounds (they counted as monsters so couldn't save during this time. Kind of scary considering that BG can sometime crash on you).
- Wild Jester caused Imoen to change gender! Thankfully only lasted for a short time (or after reload, forgot which).

#3 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 06:21 AM

Nothing beats dropping a cow on Anomen. (Not me - some guy on the Black Isle boards)
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#4 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:31 AM

LOL. Priceless. ^_^

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#5 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:52 AM

My favourite wild surge happened in the Watcher's Keep. We accidentally barged in the room full of imps, and when we've finally gotten out, I had trouble figuring out who was who - gender swaps all around.

And, hey, Xander is back!

#6 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:37 AM

AAAHHH!
Not a good situation you've described there Kulyok, sure hope no-one got killed because of it ;)

I had a similar problem when playing through Ust Natha, I was dealing with the cult of goo creatures, and their so-called diety, when all of a sudden, bam!
Suddenly half of my mages were squirrels which screwed Plan A, and then I summoned in a dog that got wiped out instantly, screw Plan B.
Then the killer that almost got me killed, Plan C: Tried to get some more protective screens up cause I was havin bad luck, ended up getting a shower of ice on my own head.

THAT, is BAD luck. :angry:
Ah well been awhile since something as bad as that happened... wait I do believe something as bad happened not long ago, but that's been described over in the Saddest thing in BG thread.
Oh well. ;)

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#7 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:54 AM

A gender change kick-started Valygar's TS-driven romance, and some lines triggered even though my character had turned back to male. Valy's not in the party at the moment, but let's see what happens when he rejoins.

#8 Kulyok

Kulyok
  • Modder
  • 2450 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 06:23 AM

I guess the best way would be click-to talk the guy and tell him you'd like to remain friends. :)

(Though - it's old romance, right? It doesn't have such an option.)

#9 Xander77

Xander77

Freak Boy

• 436 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:51 PM

And, hey, Xander is back!

I most certainly am not. Nothing to see here citizen. :whistling: Move along. <_<

:ph34r:
Мы должны как раз дать эту хромающую страну к русским. Они awesome! Идет Nader! Кустик и Kerry имеют придурковатые weasels в их кальсонах!

#10 Clarion

Clarion
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:07 AM

Wild surges in game, or in real life?

Oh, in game...

Chromatic Orb = Squirrels!
Shield = PC Orange! Seriously, dayglo orange tip to toe.
Magic Missile = Fireball, self
Stoneskin = PC sex change (and poor Kelsey never noticed his lady turning into a guy :whistling: )
And my mage has turned herself into various winter wolves, sword spiders, etc...
And I think she might have accidentally disintegrated Anomen once, trying to cast an enhancing spell...oops.
Complex is the art of Technical Wild Magery, as you have to be able to do exactly what someone else does, and come up with WILDLY different results. For example, a Technical Mage can download the program to run a .rar file and have it work fine, whereas a Technical Wild Mage can download the same program and have their computer blow up. If ever you require tutoring in the art of Technical Wild Magery, I am available at virtually all hours.

#11 theacefes

theacefes

Probably swearing

• Modder
  • 1782 posts

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:04 PM

Half my party died.
DO ~SetGlobal("omgBbqRomanceActive","GLOBAL", 2)~

Gibberlings Three - IE Modding Community

#12 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:09 AM

I'm running a Wild Jester in one of my games, and let-me-tell-ya those surges have mostly saved my ass.

There was one fight, I can't remember which, where I knew the caster was going to whoop our butts, and the surge turned him to stone! Woo-hoo! talk about a change in the tide of the battle.

My comments from another board:

- An enemy gated in a demon! No one had Prot.f.Evil so we ran away, all the time with some enemies following us, until it disappeared.
- The final spell in a very big battle, a NPC caused a flock of birds to rotate around the screen for several rounds (they counted as monsters so couldn't save during this time. Kind of scary considering that BG can sometime crash on you).
- Wild Jester caused Imoen to change gender! Thankfully only lasted for a short time (or after reload, forgot which).

Please detail to me how you made a wild jester! I played a wild gnome jester once in a p&p game and had a blast. I'd love to try to reproduce that character... TIA!!!!
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#13 Azazello

Azazello

The Anti-Spammer

• Staff
  • 1912 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

Please detail to me how you made a wild jester! I played a wild gnome jester once in a p&p game and had a blast. I'd love to try to reproduce that character... TIA!!!!

RPG Dungeon Kit Pack

Download links are in upper-right corner.

#14 Clarion

Clarion
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

Not so long after reading Choo Choo's thing about the magic missile = Nabassu surge, I was in Irenicus's dungeon with my new wild mage, and his fireball summoned a Nabassu, when we were of course relatively unarmed and unarmored. And already injured. That was a bad thing.
Complex is the art of Technical Wild Magery, as you have to be able to do exactly what someone else does, and come up with WILDLY different results. For example, a Technical Mage can download the program to run a .rar file and have it work fine, whereas a Technical Wild Mage can download the same program and have their computer blow up. If ever you require tutoring in the art of Technical Wild Magery, I am available at virtually all hours.

#15 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

I can top those all. My wild surge changed my character into a male.
She changed back to her original gender after five minutes, but it TRIGGERED A ROMANCE SWITCH IN THE GAME, and now Aerie is trying to romance my FEMALE PC.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#16 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 04:37 PM

Well.. I didn't see this thread anywhere, so I thought I'd start it up!

Shoot. Insane wild surges? At least I want to hear about them..

I was a level 1 wild mage (only me and Imoen, right after Candlekeep - yay for BGT), intended to cast a magic missile.. and, whoops, summoned a nabassu instead.

Or when I was going to cast Haste and accidently turned Xan into a squirrel.

And if a topic like this exists already, or if I've posted it in the wrong forum, please tell me. :3

Oh. Dude. You accidentally turned Xan into a squirrel too? XD I'm actually drawing a comic about that as we speak. ...Still needs to be colored, though.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#17 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

I didn't fully understand what the wild mage was all about when I used one for the first time (and the only time). T'was playing with the Kiara/Zaiya mod and while I was mucking about in the sewers under the Temple District, I tried to have Zaiya, the wild mage of the duo, cast Improved Inviz on Imeon. Wild surge occured and one of them sewer bandits got targeted by the spell, instead. Granted, this ain't nearly as dramatic as some of the other examples in this thread, but it was certainly one of the reasons why I quit that particular playthrough shortly after. Haven't played with a wild mage since :P .
(I like parentheses.)

#18 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 11:11 AM

I can top those all. My wild surge changed my character into a male.
She changed back to her original gender after five minutes, but it TRIGGERED A ROMANCE SWITCH IN THE GAME, and now Aerie is trying to romance my FEMALE PC.

Well according to the globals, the romance is active for a female PC as well (I need not say more eh?) :)

Most recent surge by me would be none other dubbed "Branwen mimic magic", ie: turn my PC into a statue. <_<

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#19 Klorox

Klorox
  • 342 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:40 AM

RPG Dungeon Kit Pack

Download links are in upper-right corner.

Thanks a lot. I can't wait to try this out!
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!

Oh, squiggly line in my eye fluid. I see you lurking there on the periphery of my vision. But when I try to look at you, you scurry away. Are you shy, squiggly line? Why only when I ignore you, do you return to the center of my eye? Oh, squiggly line, it's alright, you are forgiven.
? Stewie Griffin

#20 Nix

Nix

Oh Captain, my Captain!

• 319 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 09:36 PM

I turned Edwina back into a man. You'd think he'd be grateful or something.