Photo

Wild Mage Experiences

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:37 AM

Reading through all this, I think I will take another jab at playing a wild mage once Jastey finishes the Ajantis mod for Baldur's Gate 2, since he won't romance Rogues (which I usually play). Problem is, I first have to play through BG 1 for that romance, and I tend to play elves (so no multiclassing :( ). Anybody know if Baldur's Gate Tutu allows you to select Wild Mage as a class? :blink:

I once tried playing a Wild Mage in Baldur's Gate 2, way back in the beginning, when I first played the game and hadn't found my favoured class yet. I've since learned that I am not good at playing spellcasters, as I tend to forget memorising spells before rest - Sorcerers work fine, though, as you can imagine. It's not just spellcasters, but magic items and scrolls in general, that I forget about when I play. The battle's over, and suddenly I realise I could have used that scroll to make things much more easy. Oh well. :rolleyes: Also, I get nervous if I am not able to pick locks myself and the like - Rogue abilities are something I have no problems remembering to use, and I really enjoy playing rogues at all times. What sacrifices we make for love, right? :rolleyes:

Nothing beats dropping a cow on Anomen. (Not me - some guy on the Black Isle boards)

One thing I always cheat into my game is a few scrolls of "Summon Cow". And if I have spellcasters around, I try and transfer it to their spell book (don't remember if that actually works, though). There's just something incredibly satisfying about dropping a 1 ton Black-and-White Holstein on your enemies. :lol:

My favourite wild surge happened in the Watcher's Keep. We accidentally barged in the room full of imps, and when we've finally gotten out, I had trouble figuring out who was who - gender swaps all around.

And, hey, Xander is back!

I think something like that happened to my group too...

I turned Edwina back into a man. You'd think he'd be grateful or something.

That is just priceless. ^_^

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#22 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 11:23 PM

Oh my worst experience was when I wild surged on this one playthrough and turned orange. And NOTHING I TRIED could get me un-orange! I was ORANGE all through Chapter 4! I was ORANGE when I turned into the Slayer! I was ORANGE wen Xan broke up with me! Like, monochrome ORANGE! Orange skin, hair, clothes, and it COULDNT BE CHANGED! Until in the Underdark one of the Elder Orbs in the Beholder lair dispelled my spell protections. I practically hugged that darn beholder because he also dispelled the orange! I don't like being orange all over. Not fun.
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#23 Manascyth

Manascyth
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:52 PM

Nothing beats becoming a demigod in Chapter 2. (Wild Surge - Main character transformed into Amelissan the Blackhearted)

#24 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:45 AM

Manascyth - LOL!

Wild surge... Hmmm.... I usually get fireball/self or turn to squirrel/self or some other spell that usually ends up killing my pc. That's why I don't like playing wild mage... I have never had much luck, and it seems my characters don't have it either ;)
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#25 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:56 PM

I don't play Wild Mages. However when in Watcher's Keep I greatly enjoy the wild magic zones(except when I need to heal.)

Wild Mages just don't have enough chance of having a surge. 5%? Pah!
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#26 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

I don't play Wild Mages. However when in Watcher's Keep I greatly enjoy the wild magic zones(except when I need to heal.)

Wild Mages just don't have enough chance of having a surge. 5%? Pah!

That's what Nahal's Reckless Dweomer is for! ^_^
Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.