Challenge #4: The dearest friend.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 06:13 AM

All comment are welcome, and I won't be giving spoilers, but you have really played this game, you do know of who I am talking about.

Challenge #4: The dearest friend.

He was my friend. And I am proud to say it.

They say, that a dog is the mans best friend, and they are right. When I first met him, it was strange, he instantly was ready to fight whatever would try to hurt me, with a ferocity that left many of my foes curl into their own blood. And with his help, I am standing here at my own built village, in a lot safer world.

He was there when I needed him. And even though our hunt only lasted less than 300 days, they were the days that changed my life, my future and my whole concept of friendship. It's not what you have brought up to it, but what you give into it. And he gave everything. He was the bravery within me. I owe him my life and my future, and much more. He was the momentum that gave me the strength to face my foes, and so it was he that saved the world for me.

I still wear with pride, the old rag of Leather Jacket, he was so found of. I miss him. And with every passing day, I miss him more. And even though, I now know, that he died because of me, I was too slow, I know he would forgive me. I know this cause Ian shot him a few times before, and he forgave, as if nothing had happened.

It is good to know, that even in this human made wasteland, there are still so kind creatures as he was around, even amids the mutated monsters and deathclaws that lurk around in this world of ours. I only hope that what I did, can redeem what others have done before. That it wasn't for nothing that he gave his life to the forcefield in the Vats, to protect me.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 21 August 2007 - 04:40 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#2 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 12:33 PM

oh yes, I know where this is derived from ;)
Not bad Jarno, good as ever :D

Just one issue I found, when you said 'bride' in the 3rd paragraph, did you mean 'pride'?
Ah well regardless...
Great work! :cheers:

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#3 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 03:29 PM

The leather jacket inspires thoughts of Atton Rand. But I'm not sure.

Anyways, despite being unsure who it is I do like it. A couple little spelling errors, but those seep into every work. Overall though I still like it.

Like SH said, great work.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#4 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 05:08 PM

Me too, I'm thinking around Atton Rand but I can't guess at all. Still, it is a nice read, Jarno. :)