Sketch Exchange Game

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:56 AM

WeeRLegion's brainstorming conjured up this idea of people swapping sketches and redrawing them in order to learn new things and get practise. This is the topic for it, people, and you are welcome to join.

How does it work?

As you can see, I posted a sketch here. Someone willing to participate takes the sketch and redraws the same idea and composition in their own way, and posts it here for everybody to see. The catch is that for the game to go forward you must post a new sketch of your own along with the redrawn picture. Then someone else takes your sketch, redraws it, and posts it with their own new drawing! That's how it goes around. If several people happen to be redrawing the same picture - it doesn't matter! It's fun to see many versions of the same picture. Just remember to post a new one at the same time you post the redraw.

The point is to make sketches - not finished pieces, so you don't have to work for days on end to get a shiny perfect piece of art. This game is here for fun and practise, so anatomical errors, possible wacky coloring or non-existant backgrounds don't matter.

Here is the first sketch - have fun!

nude1.jpg

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#2 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

TFP : D

• 2925 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 03:33 AM

WOOHOOO! :cheers:

Here we go, the remake of Ilmy's sketch:

Posted Image

And I give you... JARNO!

Posted Image

#3 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

Unfortunately, mutant accountancy was not as glamorous as Jarno had heard...

jarno_sketch.jpg

My contribution:

some_elf_woman.jpg
NWN2 Heads and Hairstyles, or How I Became a Virtual Beautician : Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection
Bring out the Angel or Demon in you...or at least their wings: Neverwinter Nights 2 - Wings Galore Pak v1.0

#4 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 01:54 PM

jarno_sketch.jpg

Darn that picture brings smile to my face, I like it a lot. :lol: I can't stop laughing. :lol:

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#5 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 11:05 PM

Heh, alright, I's in! I don't think the proportions are quite right, but what do I care. It's a sketch, right :) ?

img026.jpg

I don't draw the male figure very often (at least not as often as teh hawt womenz, anyway ^_^ ), so here's a somewhat rare instance:

img037.jpg

Edited by Galsic, 21 August 2007 - 11:13 PM.

(I like parentheses.)

#6 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 01:24 AM

Man, I need to study t3h anatomy. O_o
The only way for me to make the musculature look halfway decent was heavy inking. :P

Posted Image

And here comes... THE EVIL NINJA!
Posted Image

#7 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:56 AM

Man, I need to study t3h anatomy. O_o
The only way for me to make the musculature look halfway decent was heavy inking. :P

Seems to have worked :) .

Anyhoo, I wanna try to keep this goin', so...

And here comes... THE EVIL NINJA!

Oh noes :o !
img028.jpg

And...
img014.jpg
(I like parentheses.)

#8 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:23 PM

The Drooler:

demon01.jpg

...and back to ya' :

skater_chick.jpg
NWN2 Heads and Hairstyles, or How I Became a Virtual Beautician : Whatbrick's NWN2 Character Customization Collection
Bring out the Angel or Demon in you...or at least their wings: Neverwinter Nights 2 - Wings Galore Pak v1.0

#9 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 04:45 AM

Ooo, good stuff here! ^^

Mmm, since no one else was posting, well... *whistling*
Well, this time i at least picked a somewhat more detailed styling so it shouldn't be such a pain to redraw. :P

So, to start with an accident. ^^
Posted Image

And onwards to more:
Posted Image

#10 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 03:19 PM

Let's see if I can't get this moving again.

I have no idea what the original sketch was about, so I just went with the elements that I saw:
shtf.jpg

And my submission...

demon_schoolgirl02.jpg

That's supposed to be gum that she's pulling from her mouth....gum with souls trying to escape out of it. Some details get lost in the resizing.

#11 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 10:35 PM

Yay for hot, naughty demon chicks :devil: !
img021.jpg

This one's Disney's Gargoyles inspired (I loved that show):
img032.jpg

On a sidenote, I think this is in need of participation from other folks in the community. It's quite fun :) !

Edited by Galsic, 30 August 2007 - 08:27 AM.

(I like parentheses.)

#12 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:47 PM

That's naughty, schoolgirl demon chicks...you forgot a fetish. :whistling:

On a sidenote, I think this is in need of participation from other folks in the community. It's quite fun :) !

I agree, which is why I don't jump into the next entry as fast as I could. I'd like more people to participate, but you can't legally force them to draw something (or find the time). The more people that try, the more ideas that get entered.

#13 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:23 PM

That's naughty, schoolgirl demon chicks...you forgot a fetish. :whistling:

Well, I did draw my version as a schoolgirl, did I not? No forget'n here ;) . Instead, I was referring to ALL types of hot, naughty demon chicks, like the hot, naughty secretary demon chick, for instance (which I could have done and still would have worked for my purposes and the purposes of this thread, but I didn't think about it too much at the time).

I agree, which is why I don't jump into the next entry as fast as I could. I'd like more people to participate, but you can't legally force them to draw something (or find the time). The more people that try, the more ideas that get entered.

Exactly, although this time around, the demon chick was a little hard for me to resist, heh.

It could also be that, right now, Anomen's just stealing the show, too :P .
(I like parentheses.)

#14 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:42 PM

I maked picture. Let's see what you can do with my original! :)

Attached Images

• S5000324.JPG
  • S5000328.JPG

Edited by Isilven, 01 September 2007 - 02:56 PM.

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#15 whatbrick

whatbrick
  • 63 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 07:43 PM

For every vampire:

vampire_chick.jpg

...there must be a werewolf:

werewolf_dude.jpg

#16 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:41 PM

He's in transition:
img029.jpg

Not the best sketch, even by my standards, but I think I sort of made up for it here:
lich.jpg
(I like parentheses.)

#17 WeeRLegion

WeeRLegion

• 2925 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 06:58 AM

HOORAY! I got something drawn! :cheers:

Here you go Galsic... :whistling:

Posted Image

And here you go, whoever might some day redraw this: Sir Melgadros.

Posted Image

#18 RedTyga

RedTyga
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 09:23 AM

Hope you don't mind if I join with my rough sketches.

Posted Image

And here's a griffon

Posted Image

#19 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

Wow, great sketches, RedTyga! You should post more of your art... :D If that's any indication, I would love to see more!

#20 RedTyga

RedTyga
  • 102 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 10:18 PM

Ah, well thank you, K'aeloree. I will attempt to do so in the future :P