Photo

Two Worlds; Oblivion Remix?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 04:08 AM

I see this new game looks a lot like Oblivion. It looks promising but...Other than the promo chick with the bleeding arm, who is probably not even in the game, I see no really cute, young characters. I hope it's not just another Senior citizens character community that prohibits children...

http://www.2-worlds.com/

If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it.

#2 Sinharvest

Sinharvest

Your Cheerio Key Master

• 286 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 07:38 AM

i just downloaded the Demo off of file planet give me like an hour and ill tell ya my review

#3 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 08:56 AM

Cool. It's hard for me to download such a big file.

#4 Sinharvest

Sinharvest

Your Cheerio Key Master

• 286 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 09:46 AM

Cool. It's hard for me to download such a big file.

lol, yeah unforutunatly, the demo does not allow you to take screenshots so...

Video
-Well first thing being, it takes a good video card to run smoothly just like Oblivion, it was a bit choppy on mine since i dont have the best
The GFX i would give an 8/10 because its just not as perdy as oblivion :D

Audio
-Well... the sound was good, it was great matter of fact every motion that occured had a sound mixed with it, every footstep every blade clashing with blade it was great.
Audio... 9.75/10 it couldent be better

Gameplay
-Much more complex then oblivion. Many buttons to figure out, kinda clunky for me but im sure once you figure it out you would have fun. Dident really understand the storyline but their are many factions to join and befriend (THink like 20 or so)
I give gameplay 8/10

All in all im not an expert rater i hate doin it but this fourm is awsome so i figure i give back lol, overall i give it a 9/10

Note: The only thing i can say is try it out for your self lol, and good luck

#5 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:10 AM

Removed

Edited by highpressure, 26 August 2007 - 10:05 PM.

#6 Sinharvest

Sinharvest

Your Cheerio Key Master

• 286 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:39 AM

Here are a couple of shots from the demo.
Posted Image

Posted Image

lol what the heck i couldent take any shots

#7 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:40 AM

I heard the game was kinda "meh-ish". *shrug*

Edited by Shadow', 23 August 2007 - 10:40 AM.

Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#8 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 10:50 AM

Yeah. To tell the truth I'm not blown away at all. Very average over all, if you ask me. Oblivion may be smaller in map size (that's what I here) but this game pales in comparison to Oblivion in many ways to me. OB. definitely has the better graphics, and controls. I'm glad I checked out the demo, but it's a no purchase for me.

#9 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

lol what the heck i couldent take any shots

highpressure probably uses FRAPS.

#10 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 12:57 AM

The game looked promising, but once playing it, it is nothing like Oblivion at all. I personally don't really like it, but my son likes playing it.

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#11 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 01:02 AM

Moved to General Gameplay. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#12 shadowj

shadowj
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:26 AM

I remember a friend of mine telling me about this a few months ago. Unfortunately back then the only information we could get about it is that it had only a german version and the english version wouldn't be out for sometime. It maybe a game to buy on the spur of the moment but I think Oblivion and Bioshock will fill my time much better ;)

#13 Lord Ernie

Lord Ernie
  • Modder
  • 755 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:48 AM

I've played it, actually. There are resemblances to Oblivion, sure, but the game makes some nice innovations, and some of the gameplay is more streamlined. Being able to actually fight on a horse, however clumsy the controls, for example, was particularly cool. Nothing like running down some bandits, or taking down a large group of enemies with repeated charges. Graphics-wise, I couldn't tell much difference, but then I usually don't pay much of any attention to graphics. Is it better or worse? I don't know; but then IMO Oblivion wasn't all that great.

And (although I haven't tried it) the mass online component to the game might be interesting.

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move - Douglas Adams

I like persons better than principles, and I like persons with no principles better than anything else in the world - Oscar Wilde

Give a man a fire, and he's warm for a day. But set a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

#14 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 01:22 PM

I played it. Finished it. Even made one mod for it ^_^

And what can I say? The game is more like Gothic (with minor Diablo influences) than Oblivion. The beginning is great, especially on hard difficulty ;] But after level 30-40 it gets more and more boring for me because there aren't any challenges then and the game becomes too easy. Anyway that's a good game for one-time experience in Single Player mode (approx. 40-50 hours, no more likely). I know nothing about MP though, haven't tried it because of not so decent connection.

Edited by trollf, 29 August 2007 - 01:25 PM.

I am an operator of my pocket calculator.
TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#15 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:39 AM

Here's an interesting link not only to two worlds but Oblivion modding, screen shot forums, etc.
http://www.modcraft....dex.php?act=idx

Here's a peculiar Dark Brotherhood modding forum. VERY interesting.
http://www.modcraft....p?showforum=634

Anyone heard of this Modcraft place?

Edited by Chimera, 17 September 2007 - 04:42 AM.