Eyes Trouble

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sinharvest

Sinharvest

Your Cheerio Key Master

• 286 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:20 PM

Alright earlier today i got the capuncuins character expansion or whatever, installed it, Then everybody had googly eyes uninstalled oblivion deleted the folder afterwards REinstalled it unchecked the mod and deleted it manually and now my characters have no eyes execpt my downloaded toons... what do i do??

#2 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 06:50 AM

Go into Oblivion Mod Manager & run Archive Invalidation if the eyes are all black. For googly eyes, I think archive invalidation might fix it but the real issue is probably that the eye meshes don't match with the eye textures. Really, for current character stuff I think most use Beautiful People.

#3 Anubyss

Anubyss
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 October 2007 - 04:53 PM

This guy sounds like he may have come up with a solution. I wish there was a universal fix for the googly eyes. I also have this same problem.

"I just found it myself in the last few days. I wish that I could tell you that it will be easy to fix, but it isn't or at least it doesn't seem easy to me. The cause of the problem is the meshes that the modders are using for Eyes. There are several different meshes out and some of them have changed the name on them after they got them. After quite a few people have changed the names it seems that there are copies of several different meshes with the same name. This means that when you load new mods in and the eyes are changed by the new mod it could be putting an incompatible mesh in for your current setup you are using. The solution is to go through your meshes folder and find out how many different meshes for eyes there are and using the construction set to play with the eyes to determine which mesh is the culprit. You see some eyes use a mesh that has both eyes on the same mesh which means that the texture file will have two eyes on it also. Then you have those meshes that are just for a single eye and they use a texture that has just a single eye on them. You can see this fact in the eyes section of your construction set by searching through. I think you will find that this is the case. After figuring out which is the most common mesh then you just make sure that you only use that particular mesh. I had to merge all the mods that change the eyes in any way, and then had to edit that mod to make all my characters use the same mesh. It was time consuming and a real pain having to move meshes and textures so they could be easily accessed. I put all the eye meshes in the same folder and some of them had to be renamed. Then I did the same with all the eye textures. After that it was easy to load all the eyes to each race along with the proper mesh to make the eyes show up right in the Face Gen section of the Race editing area of the construction set. They way that I determined if a particular mod changed a race or they eyes was to load each mod up in the Construction set and then check for the (*) that is used to mark each item that is modified by that particular mod. I just had to check the Eyes & Race sections of the Character menu, but it still took a bit to work out.

Here is an example of what the meshes names were and what was the problem was:

In one mod I would have files named like this: humanlefteye.nif & humanrighteye.nif (these are accompanied by .egm & .tri files for each with the same names as the nif files). These files are using a mesh that has two eyes on a single mesh and textures (.dds files) to match that have both left and right eyes on a single file.

Then in a second mod I would have mesh files with the same exact name, but they would be meshes (.nif files) and textures (.dds files) that are for single pupil or eye set ups. Since each mesh is for a different set up and they have the same name, well, only one of them can be there at a time. Thus which ever mod loaded last will win and you lose the other mesh file to overwriting.

I hope you now understand what this has all been about. It is just because no one can agree on one mesh to be used for all the eyes and since all those super modders think their way is best we end of the line players have to clean up their mess.

Just to make things clear.

I loaded all the mods that I have for the entire game into the Construction set one at a time. Once I determined which ones changed races or eyes, I simply merged all those mods into one by loading them all with none of them active and used the command off of the File menu that says to ?combine loaded plug-ins?. I had to give it a unique name and then it was easy to load it up then make that mod active and fix all the errors in one single mod. If I have to add any more face altering mods I will just merge them into this single one and correct errors as necessary. I sure hope you understand what I am talking about. It was quite a chore for me to learn all the changes that had to be made, but I have it down pretty good now.

The main problem with this approach is that each person has to do a custom fix for their particular set up because there is no way for anyone else to know what changes to make for each setup since everyone has some variance to the mods that are loaded in each others game.

By the way, I am going to upload an update to my Naruto: Nine Tails Fox & Sharingan Eyes mod to TesNexus. It is just going to be the .dds files since doing anything more would cause the googley eyes problem because I have no idea of which mesh to include. It will be easy enough for those that want to install them to drop them in their textures folder and then load them into their main face mod like Beautiful People. Then put them on any player they want. It is pretty simple to do.

Good Luck to all you modders & Players out there!"

Check it out tell me what you think.