Can someone direct me too....

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Phantom

Dark Phantom

Juna's true master

• 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:42 PM

I want to make a few scripts, but do not know how. can someone direct me to a sight with such information? I looked, and looked, on the search engines but could nto find one.

#2 Seifer

Seifer

The best Anti-Paladin weapon is a tin opener...!

• 4505 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 01:45 PM

What kind of script are you looking to make, AI, area or what?

how come you always look so damn cool in every photo I see you in?!?

Speaking of modding, I listened to IER 3 yesterday, so you can have another quote for your signature: how come you sound so damn cool, as well as look it? It's unfair. Seriously.

Still a cyberjock, still hacking the matrix, still unsure of what that means.

TeamBG member - http://www.teambg.eu

#3 Dark Phantom

Dark Phantom

Juna's true master

• 85 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:00 PM

basically an AI script. I want to make a monk-specific fighting script for my charecter/NPC Juna, and a script where you can send her away...for a time. I will say no more, as I still feel the burns from being flamed on these very boards, and I feel her to be something of a taboo subject here. more can be found at the sight in my sig.

Others May be needed in the future, but I doubt I could do them...yet.

#4 -jcompton-

-jcompton-

Posted 08 May 2003 - 02:33 PM

Well, tutorials.teambg.net used to have some decent scripting tutorials but they may well still be offline. IEEAIS has a lot of scripting resources for open use, unless Mike Prilla bans you in a paranoid frenzy.

...hmmm, not sure.

#5 Cuv

Cuv

Area Maker (retired)

• Modder
  • 925 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:04 PM

All the real scripters moved to the site below from IEEAIS. I managed to grab most of Spork's stuff from the Ascension development before even I was banned. Feel free to come and ask your questions and get tips.

IEModders Group

Cuv

#6 -Sim-

-Sim-

Posted 09 May 2003 - 07:03 AM

Were the TeamBG tutorials site up, I would direct you to my Complete Scripting Guide as a primary resource for learning scripting. However, the site is down...

On the other hand, I have uploaded a downloadable version of it here. It should hopefully cover pretty much everything you need to get started in scripting, as well as a good deal of more advanced material.

#7 Dark Phantom

Dark Phantom

Juna's true master

• 85 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 08:09 AM

My thanks to all! I will begin scripting in a while then.... and actually be able to finish my mod shortly! (v 1.0, at least, or beta I should say.)