file corruption

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 07:34 AM

Is it possible that NI or Shadowkeeper can make a file useless?
I have edited one cre and one bcs file with NI. Then opend a savegame with SK, edited it and saved it. I started bg2 and wanted to load that edited savegame and the same shit happens again. bg2 kicks me to windows with an error message and all freezes. i know it has something to do with the override folder. looked into it. sorted to the last edited files and what see i? spwi511.spl and 320 were changed and 0kb big. i dont have changed any spell. but these are the files that have crashed my game. how is that possible?
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.

#2 hlidskialf

hlidskialf

Incarnation of the Eternal Ale Warrior

• Modder
  • 2510 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 11:45 AM

Easily possible. That's why the credo of all modders is "BACKUP YOUR FILES". Also, make sure you don't attempt anything guarenteed to cause file errors like using a game editor with the game running in the background. Disaster waiting to happen.

The great wolf Fenrir gapes ever at the dwelling of the gods.

#3 Schatten

Schatten

tomo the homo

• 1208 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 12:22 PM

Jep, jep, I know. But my hdd isnt really big. :(
i could understand it if it werent files i have worked with. those files i have never touched. seems i have to spare a bit for a backup from my override now.
gentoo sex is updatedb; locate; talk; date; cd; strip; look; touch; finger; unzip; uptime; gawk; head; emerge --oneshot condom; mount; fsck; gasp; more; yes; yes; yes; more; umount; emerge -C condom; make clean; sleep.