Photo

[WIPz] Loading Screens Community Pack

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#1 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:41 AM

Well, this is a mod but is more related to screenshots than mods and that's why I decided to post it here :]

To the point...

Two days ago I released "Loading Screens Themed Replacer" mod - you can taste its samples and grab it here. That was like my "A Tribute to Modders" because it shows many mods in action (and there's a list of those in the read-me).

Now I want to make "A Tribute to Screenshoters" ^_^ This will be an addon for the above mod with bunch of additional loading screenies.
And I need your help here :] Because these screenshots won't be mine but yours ;]
So, if I may ask you, and if you want to contribute to this project then please post either links to your screenshots here or allow me to browse through your posts on this forum to chose potential screenies from those you have posted. Thank you very much :]

And if you have any questions about this, just ask :]

Cheers,
Trollf
^_^

Edited by trollf, 01 September 2007 - 01:25 PM.

I am an operator of my pocket calculator.
TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#2 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:02 AM

Well, this is a mod but is more related to screenshots than mods and that's why I decided to post it here :]

To the point...

Two days ago I released "Loading Screens Themed Replacer" mod - you can taste its samples and grab it here. That was like my "A Tribute to Modders" because it shows many mods in action (and there's a list of those in the read-me).

Now I want to make "A Tribute to Screenshoters" ^_^ This will be an addon for the above mod with bunch of additional loading screenies.
And I need your help here :] Because these screenshots won't be mine but yours ;]
So, if I may ask you, and if you want to contribute to this project then please post either links to your screenshots here or allow me to browse through your posts on this forum to chose potential screenies from those you have posted. Thank you very much :]

Cheers,
Trollfling
^_^

Feel free to use any of the screens I've posted and in my sig, newest images here http://tinyurl.com/3xve2s (you'll have to ask kalia if you want to use hers).
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#3 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:31 AM

Thank you Floydian :]
And I see you have made some order with your shots at LadyM site ;] I was about heart attack when I though of browsing through all of your 10,000 shots that once were there ;] ^_^
TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#4 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:03 AM

I don't think that anyone will mind if you include their pics. It's actually a great idea!

I'm pretty sure you won't take any of mine (low graphics and lore-killing, and they're too focused on my chars), but feel free to make use on them if you happen to have a fever delirium, a moment of craziness, or something like that, lol!

Edited by leomorg, 30 August 2007 - 02:04 AM.

Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#5 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 03:14 AM

I have no problem at all with you using my pictures, here is a link to my photobucket album, enjoy :)
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#6 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 04:23 AM

You can use any pictures I've taken for oblivion that can be found through my posts if you like or where I've uploaded them all Here.

Good Luck on this. :)

#7 Radicus

Radicus
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:00 AM

Yo, you can use mine too if you like.
http://smg.photobuck...s/v316/Radicus/
Posted Image

#8 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:22 AM

Just so you know you have your album set to private so no one else can see it :whistling:
Posted Image

#9 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 05:56 AM

If you want any of mine, feel free to use them. Great idea, trollf - it's trollfesque, even. :P

#10 Hector the Hooded

Hector the Hooded

Lord of the Nazgūl

• Modder
  • 1164 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 09:51 AM

I'd be honored if you used mine.

#11 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:01 AM

Hah, it would be very sweet if Rogue Sun let his screenies to be used. They're just perfect to be loading screens!
Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#12 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:12 AM

I think I can allow that. I don't really have a site that anyone can access to view all of my shots. But let me get to work on that. In the meantime your more than welcome to take any shots posted here.

Edited by Rogue Sun, 30 August 2007 - 10:12 AM.

#13 Radicus

Radicus
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:19 AM

Just so you know you have your album set to private so no one else can see it :whistling:

man I feel stupid....
okay, call off the hounds! I fixed it!
Posted Image

#14 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

Thank you very much for this ^_^

So far I have gone through all pictures in galleries/posts of Floydian, Leomorg, Darziak and Karandras. And I have found about 40 potential pictures O_O And somehow I'm not surprised by this. That was the same with my gallery - not every single screenshot fits into loading template I have. In fact most of them don't fit here :] That's why I had to make bunch of new pictures for this LS Themed Replacer.

Surely I will find in your galleries some more additional and 'proper' pictures but I have another question for you :]
I don't want to steal your time but what do you think about making some shots that may fit this loading template of mine? I could explain, if you want, what is good for such loading screen and what things better to avoid in your shots. Well, in fact I need very specific pictures O_O
It could be some kind of competition for you (or rather for all of us here, because I plan to make some more and new similar in style shots to those). So, what do you think about some special loading screens addon made mostly by Spellhold's people? Us ^_^

Edited by trollf, 30 August 2007 - 11:59 AM.

#15 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:59 AM

To the point...

Cheers,
Trollfling
^_^

Cool idea, trollf! I just downloaded the mod and saw your various pics for loading screens in the mod's sample pics. Looks very very nice!

(Side note: You don't "advertise" enough - I didn't know this is what you were working on. :) )

Anyway, if you want to use any of my screenies, my sig has a link to my web page. Unless you want Layla Love Dollies and/or the Adoring Fan getting a haircut ;) - they are not there yet. :P

Thanks for this mod! :coolthumb:

Edited by greatfool1, 30 August 2007 - 12:02 PM.

#16 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:01 PM

(Side note: You don't "advertise" enough - I didn't know this is what you were working on. :) )

Well, actually there was a WIP thread on official forums for over two months ;p

#17 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:04 PM

Oh, I'd be happy to have you say exactly what you need - I love following directions. :P And since what mostly I've been having Oblivion crash today, having some project would be great.

#18 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:14 PM

Surely I will find in your galleries some more additional and 'proper' pictures but I have another question for you :]
I don't want to steal your time but what do you think about making some shots that may fit this loading template of mine? I could explain, if you want, what is good for such loading screen and what things better to avoid in your shots. Well, in fact I need very specific pictures O_O
It could be some kind of competition for you (or rather for all of us here, because I plan to make some more and new similar in style shots to those). So, what do you think about some special loading screens addon made mostly by Spellhold's people? Us ^_^

I have plenty of time and I am happy to give it away for a good reason :) Please explain what you want and I shall try my best to get it right
Posted Image

#19 Shadow'

Shadow'

Screenshot Ninja

• 322 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

I support this. Feel free to add any of my shots you feel are worthy Trollf. :)
Posted Image
(Sig by Sinharvest)

The official Oblivion Screenshot Ninja Posted Image Posted Image

#20 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 01:23 PM

Fine then :]

Here's a list of rules I was following when I was making those Loading Screens:

TECHNICALS (SETTINGS):

1. my base screenshots were made in wide-screen resolution like 1280x720 / 1360x768 / 1600x900 etc.

I suggest that you give it a try to run the game in such resolution. Things can look really nicely even while you don't have wide-screen CRT or LCD. Well, even virtual chicks which have body from Growlf look rather slim here O_^
Anyway, If you can't (or don't want to) run the game wide-screen then if you take screenshot make sure that it has much "useless" space at the top or at the bottom or slightly less useless space from both of these sides. Because when I convert such screenshot to Loading Screen it will be cropped from one or two sides. And wide-screenshots aren't cropped here.

2. Anti-Aliasing ON / HDR possibly OFF

Try to avoid screenshots with completely white areas. Sometimes Bloom and HDR produce white spots (especially around the sun) and those are bad things for loading screens. Look at this example. That's somehow nice screenshot but it turns into ugly loading screen :]

TECHNICALS (IN GAME):

1. The light. Better are brighter shots (with fog I mean) than darker. Possibly with high contrast (some parts very dark, some very bright but not white! ;p). The best light is usually at 6-9 a.m (at morning) and 5-8 p.m (at evening) for cloudy weather and the whole day for fog ;] (You may want to notice how time of the day changes light when the weather is foggy - the same place can be completely different in morning's mist from evening's fog.

2. Weather. Some of the best Loading screens were made from fog :] sample ;] I also find quite nice cloudy pictures made in the evening and morning. I have only few loading screens that were made during middle of the day or night. And most of nice shots were made outdoors. Indoor shots must have high contrast! (eg. rather dark room with very bright candle)

3. Characters. Well, it may seem quite orthodoxy for some of you ;] but no wings, FF7 weapons, jedi swords, moogles, balrogs and guns or else. Well, I'm not that much TES lore-friendly but don't want to follow quite an opposite way as well. I think you catch my drift here ;]

4. The best looking shots are with visible sky or with fog. Please avoid pictures in the forest without the fog or visible sky - those don't look so good on loading screens.

5. Theme. Preferably pictures with characters than scenic shots. But if you take a shot of some nice surroundings it will be a nice addition anyway.
If you make pictures with characters try not to focus on that character so much. The best options are when the whole PC or NPC is visible and is not in the center of the screen. Most welcome additions are the pictures with some sense of humor :] sample Try to be very creative. I expect best of you here ;] ^_^

Well, I think that's enough for now. Probably I have scared all of you with these :]
If something else will come to my mind then I'll share it with you. For now look at this part of my gallery and notice the weather, light, setups. Maybe it will be helpful for you. Because those screenshots were made especially for my Loading Screens mod and fit it perfectly unlike most of my other shots.

Any questions? Fine. Let's start screenshoting, shall we? :]

Edited by trollf, 30 August 2007 - 01:27 PM.