Photo

[WIPz] Loading Screens Community Pack

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 07:58 AM

So are my pictures not useable then, Trolf?

Edited by Rogue Sun, 31 August 2007 - 07:58 AM.

#42 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:16 AM

Rogue Sun -
Whoa! Not so fast with the statements. Gimme some breath :whistling: :lol:

Actually I have started dealing with your shots before a while.... damn, what about that we switch the places? Teach me master.... :Bow: Those are really exceptional shots and I saved them all from #31 post. Soon I'll start with conversion and I think that many of those will be great addition. More detailed notices about your shots I'll post possibly in a couple of hours...
I am an operator of my pocket calculator.
TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#43 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:29 AM

Oh, no I wasn't insinuating anything, I was just genuinely curious. Take your time, obviously you have a large (that seems like an understatement) number of shots to sort through, so no rush.

#44 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 08:48 AM

Actually I have not only shots to sort but quite a number of the new ones to make :] So you are not alone with this ^)^
TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#45 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:06 PM

Okay this group is mostly just scenic shots with a few exceptions, hope it is getter than the others :)

A good thief knows when to make his escape (A updated version of my first picture with the Golden Saint.)

A night in Bravil

Archaeology at it's best

Ancient guardian

The Halls of Learning

Not all guardians are dead...

Portal to another world

Crystal cave

Scaps will always have a place in this world, even if it is the bottom

Edited by Karandras, 31 August 2007 - 01:15 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#46 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 01:46 PM

When going in for a drink please don't start any brawls.

I might have used the wrong words for the picture. :unsure:

#47 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:52 PM

2. Avoid any sexuality exposed content (even mild one) where there's no need for this (example is that 5th picture of Karandras ;]) Though such pictures as "meeting of the lovers at the morning", "bribing with grace", "threatening but desirable sorceress" (who actually does something besides posing ;]) are a nice addition for this pack of screenies.
Make pictures more "modest" than you usually do ;]

I guess that leaves most of mine out. :ROFL:

#48 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:53 PM

Time to face the swarm of Rogue's shots ;]

And the pictures which I skipped here don't fit because of my previous explanations ('rules' if you like ;]). I'm only focusing on possible entries.

01 - converted and it's good but I have no idea about a caption ^_^

04 - in theory it could be great but in fact it isn't and it's not Rogue's fault - that's Oblivion engine - all flames look exactly the same and snowflakes look too bright and 'unrealistic' - not mention lack of lights :] there are flames but it's dark like without them - I bet there's a mod which fixes that ;]

05 - converted though I'm not that convinced to it. It's very hard to make proper night-picture for LS. Well, I suggest not to bother with night shots too much for this cause ;]

08 - great idea with that flaming arrow. But the background has no meaning (why she is aiming with fire arrow in the middle of the town in the night? :]) and those cut legs... ;]

09 - it could be great LS if there would be more of her ;] Character is too close to the camera...

10 - converted - probably stays ;]

12 - converted - stays ;]

13 - it could be a very great LS. It has action, fog and all but... this is fog from AWS right? :] Well, I have nothing against this mod (quite an opposite) but I have found that the best fog for LS is default one or two kinds of foggy weather from NE mod :] Foggy weather form AWS has specific sky (notice those dark spots) after conversion it won't look good but quite weird and rather ugly.

14 - great picture! pity she is too close to the edges... :(

15 - wonderful, stay that course :] but I will have to chose only two pictures with this lady though :( remember, variety is most important here!

16 - it could be great but the legs are cut and background too much detailed in comparison with characters.

20 - great shot, top notch! :] but is worse for LS than that similar with archer. Why? It has lower contrast between various parts of the picture and this won't make it good in the end.

22 - very atmospheric! and convertedbut there's too much of yellow in it. If I lower its saturation then ugly-looking edges around the sun start to appear.

23 - best bet, converted but... that big white spot :( No HDR please ;]

25 - converted - but I edited that glowing white hair in the background - completely unrealistic it was ;]

27 - lovely! but those white hair... :(

28 - converted and assimilated :]

29 - this and every picture with oblivion's skies and reddish light - it doesn't fit. Oblivion's sky and red fog = bad, bad LS. Much editing and no convincing result. And those skies! I think that Bethesda's oblivion's sky looks awful - somehow plastic and not that sinister but rather affected. For such shots I think that this (morning) or this (evening) kind of weather would be far better ;] And that's why in LS TR you don't find any shots with Oblivion's weather. Even Kvatch's shots were done with default skies there.

Edited by trollf, 31 August 2007 - 03:35 PM.

#49 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:54 PM

I guess that leaves most of mine out. :ROFL:

No, all of them ^_^ Maybe try with scenic shots... ;] ^_^

EDIT:
It's quite late here, so I'm off until "tomorrow" ;]

Last comments today:

Karandras -

Yes, your pictures form post #45 much better fit into LS template but the content... Thief is definitely best bet! :] and the Bravil is not - such kind of shots with towns are in already released base version (use DDS viewer to browse through all of my screens in this mod). I want to avoid repetitions. And try to keep away from much glowing things especially creatures or items and portals but glowing crystals or spell effects are fine of course. Those blue creatures or portal are not rather acceptable but crystals and cave alone - well, I'll see after conversion how it will look like and then decide.

And explain to me: What the hell is this? O+O
I am out of words... umm, this picture is so weird that even if I wouldn't like it this will probably be included in final version... but I like it, I haven't thought that such things even exist O+O You're the real archaeologist, me friend. Great discovery! ^_^

Darziak - that's nice pic and good caption (but we may think about something else later, caption in not that important now). Booked. Stay that course... but don't take this advice too seriously I don't want to see couple of hundreds interior pictures tomorrow morning... ;] ^_^ Forgive me, I'm just quite tired. Good Night or Day if you like ;]

Edited by trollf, 31 August 2007 - 03:29 PM.

#50 leomorg

leomorg

What you're looking at?

• 128 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

Lol, guess I'm a lost case. I'm not a very "enviroment" or "scenic" guy, I shot mostly my chars! And the angles I choose most likely won't fit your template T_T

But I'll try come up with something... but it will probably be not usable - >:D I'm helpless!!!
Posted Image

Caine's Outfit - because evil assassins need evil looking gear!

Caine's album - contains tons of shots of... a evil assassin wearing evil looking gear!

#51 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:36 PM

Karandras -

Yes, your pictures form post #45 much better fit into LS template but the content... Thief is definitely best bet! :] and the Bravil is not - such kind of shots with towns are in already released base version (use DDS viewer to browse through all of my screens in this mod). I want to avoid repetitions. And try to keep away from much glowing things especially creatures or items and portals but glowing crystals or spell effects are fine of course. Those blue creatures or portal are not rather acceptable but crystals and cave alone - well, I'll see after conversion how it will look like and then decide.

And explain to me: What the hell is this? O+O
I am out of words... umm, this picture is so weird that even if I wouldn't like it this will probably be included in final version... but I like it, I haven't thought that such things even exist O+O You're the real archaeologist, me friend. Great discovery! ^_^

Well at least I am doing good at finding the pictures you don't want :whistling: :)

As for that picture you linked, that is a fossil newly discovered by the Archaeology Guild south of the Imperial city :) (added by the Lost Spires mod)
Posted Image

#52 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 05:10 PM

Ok...after narrowing things down, these might be good current candidates.

Shots with Character

Taken aback by the sword
Gotta remember to stop getting blood on my books...
Rule #5 about facing me - I may get pushed to the edge...
Scenic Ayleid dungeon
Random memoriable equipment shot
Sword? Check. Dungeon? Check. Lets go...
Looking out at the Imperial City
On the Edge of Stump! *something about acrobatics?*
Gone border Adventuring

Non-Character Shots

Random Scenic Shot
Marshes to...marsh about in...
Random Scenic Shot 2
Just a scenic shot in Bruma
Painting Version of above
Nightshot 3 WIDE
Nightshot 2a WIDE
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#53 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:27 AM

Darziak - that's nice pic and good caption (but we may think about something else later, caption in not that important now). Booked. Stay that course... but don't take this advice too seriously I don't want to see couple of hundreds interior pictures tomorrow morning... ;] ^_^ Forgive me, I'm just quite tired. Good Night or Day if you like ;]

The scene I'm setting up will only end up with one or two interior pictures. :)

#54 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:52 AM

Trollf feel free to use any of my screenies posted here, I haven't really got an online album but I'll browse through my own and see if I can come up with some old and new ones. They won't be widescreen though cause my screen doesn't allow it ( I think it will explode or something :devil: )

maybe something like this?
or this?

anyhow great idea !!
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#55 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 05:37 AM

I somehow feel guilty and sad because it seems that I have to throw out most of your pictures that you have done before :(

I think that I should explain more clearly to you what a beast we are facing here...

On the same beginning, when I started to make this mod, I had made a template in one day then started with conversion of my shots. I thought "Ah, that will be easy, I can convert over 100 or more pics in one day...". And yes it was easy because I was converting only scenic shots at that time ;p When I had 300-400 converted screens then I started to think "What am I actually doing?" In fact I was doing nothing new. It was the same idea as other LS replacers but only with different design. Then I had an idea to make Themed Replacer with all kind of shots (not only scenic ones). And again I thought that I had half of the pics already made. Then I started with conversion of all of my action shots... Guess what. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that over 90% of my action shots don't fit at all into template I have O_O (exactly the same as with your shots here :]).

LS TR has about 280 Loading Screens. Do you know what is the number of my "old" screens in it? Well, around 60-70 I think. Yes, your eyes aren't misleading you here :] Actually I had to make over 200 new pictures with Loading Screens mod in my mind exclusively O_o
In the last two months those all screens I have posted in "Pictures of" threads on official forums weren't just "ordinary" pictures like my previous ones. Those shots had only one purpose: to fit Loading Screens template very well or quite well.

And I have discovered one "statistical fact" about all those screenshots - All (even very nice or wonderful) action shots I have made before, have only 10% chance to look good such as these Loading Screens O_o And all those action shots I have made while thinking (exclusively!) about Loading Screens, look good as Loading Screens and in 90% look very good as ordinary screenshots as well.
Well, do you understand this now? You don't make your screenshots in a wrong way. Quite the opposite. But you have to do your screenshots in a different way which is proper and specific for this project.

I try to gather once again almost all "rules" here:

1. Action must be "wide-screen" whether you use such resolution or not! * (explanation below)
2. No solid white areas in the picture. Pictures must have high contrast, so no night-shots without some lights.
3. No oblivion's sky and that reddish glow.
4. No first-person-perspective shots with hands and weapon visible :]
5. No glowing: creatures, usable items or portals, avoid oblivion's gates as well :] (in fact I want to narrow a number with oblivion's plane related pictures to minimum)
6. No sexuality exposed where there's no need for it.
7. Argonians and Khajiits (when their face isn't visible) must be without any hoods or helmets - it looks quite strange: knight in full armor with a rubber tail glued to his back ^_^
8. Camera angles - no isometric views. Try to make pictures in such way like you would be there as camera operator ;] (preferably camera at the same height as NPC's waist or lower, please try to avoid shots where the camera is above NPC's head with only few exceptions...)

When I notice something not so "fitting" about your pictures I update this list.

* explanation of pt1:

If you make a screenshot in any resolution I resize its width to 1280 pixels with proportional height. Then I make a selection with dimension of 1280x698 pixels - everything what is outside of this area will be cut! That's why I need more "useless" space (at the bottom, top or both) in your screens if you make them not in wide-screen resolution.

Well I didn't say that this will be an easy task :] Rather very specific one for some of you I guess... ;]

Edited by trollf, 01 September 2007 - 05:56 AM.

#56 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:04 AM

Thanks for the info Trollf, it's once again a big heap you take on with all of us clamoring for attention, everyone shouting PICK ME PICK ME PICK ME!!!

and I just found out browsing through my old screens that I think NONE of them would apply so I really have to take a different approach. which is great because I'm not working for the first two to three weeks so that should give me ample of opportunity ;)
Aside from just playing the game, other games, and trying to learn some modding as well

Keep up the good work :coolthumb:

ps. You said earlier that english isn't your first language but you write very well, so don't give up on those loading texts if we can't come up with them (just one more thing to do ;) )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#57 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:21 AM

Wait, so you mean to say you aren't a heartless, soulless robot who just posts amazing pictures and mods?! This changes everything! (I'm joking by the way :) )

In light of that here are three more shots from me :)

Underground shrine

The darkness is your friend

Ancient treasure trove
Posted Image

#58 CapsAdmin

CapsAdmin
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:21 AM

I feel horrible now for posting these again. I feel like I've been surfing around spamming them all over the internet showing off. Hopefully, this will be the last time :unsure:

These should auto resize once they've been fully loaded. So don't panic. :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:29 PM

CapsAdmin -
Hi! Here speaks the Earth. This is a wrong thread where you have posted these pictures. Wake up! ;] ^_^

#60 CapsAdmin

CapsAdmin
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 02:46 PM

CapsAdmin -
Hi! Here speaks the Earth. This is a wrong thread where you have posted these pictures. Wake up! ;] ^_^

Wait, what? :unsure:

(clearly, I've missed something. (I've been awake for 2 days straight now.))

EDIT:

Pfff.. I fail, I'll go to bed and realize what I've done wrong when I wake up and make some sense. x]

Edited by CapsAdmin, 01 September 2007 - 02:57 PM.