Arlax high level spell store doesn't work for dual-class character

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Ieldra

Ieldra
  • 158 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 11:30 PM

Here's another small bug I found highly annoying, so I tracked it down:

My dual-class Swashbuckler(10)/Mage(17) can't buy spells from the Arlax high-level mage store. The reason is that the LevelGT() trigger checks the character's first class, which needs to be at least 15 - and only Player1 is checked. I tested this by changing my PC's class to single-class mage with Shadowkeeper...and then I could buy spells from this store. I suggest to replace this check with LevelPartyGT().

Edited by Ieldra, 30 August 2007 - 11:33 PM.

#2 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:05 PM

Good report Ieldra, I like seeing these other bug notes that may be class specific since I am playing with different classes. Who is the character that sells the high level spells again?

I suggest to replace this check with LevelPartyGT().

in the BCS right? I just remember the one on the first floor, but I was not a mage so I was never able to see who the high level person was.
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#3 Ieldra

Ieldra
  • 158 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:00 PM

Good report Ieldra, I like seeing these other bug notes that may be class specific since I am playing with different classes. Who is the character that sells the high level spells again?

Her name is Mirlanda, and she's on the ground floor of the mages' building, in the small room left of the entrance. I changed both level checks in my game (there is a LevelLT() and a LevelGT()) to the LevelParty versions, and now it works. The checks are in her dialogue file (Mirlanda.dlg).

Edited by Ieldra, 31 August 2007 - 11:04 PM.

#4 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:17 AM

Thanx. Good fix!
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant