Finalising BGT-WeiDU v1.05

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
92 replies to this topic

#1 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:47 PM

BGT-WeiDU v1.05 is in finalisation. If you have any new bugs to report, requests, suggestions, and so forth, please post here ASAP. Thanks.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#2 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:12 PM

Minor inconsistency: a female commoner (FTOBE5.CRE) in one of the Beregost houses (original BG1 area name: AR3327) says that we must have mistaken the unlocked door for an invitation in her house. The door is instead locked. My suggestion: simply make the door unlocked.

Edited by Salk, 03 September 2007 - 10:13 PM.

#3 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 05 September 2007 - 06:52 AM

If I am not mistaken the wizard scroll of Protection from Petrification, keeps the .BAM which indicate it as unusable because of class even when in the inventory of legit classes (mages and bards).

Could you please check this out, Ascension64?
(I would do it but at the moment I have not a game ready)

#4 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:05 AM

If I am not mistaken the wizard scroll of Protection from Petrification, keeps the .BAM which indicate it as unusable because of class even when in the inventory of legit classes (mages and bards).

The bam is correct. I don't have such issue in my game.

mm75

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#5 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:31 AM

I have a suggestion: how about removing "Maevar" from "What should be done with them, Maevar?" line during transition from BG1 to BG2? Every single time I hear it, I feel that it sounds extremely silly. If I was Maevar, I'd cut the man's throat before he'd finish pronouncing the name.

Edited by Gort, 06 September 2007 - 12:35 AM.

#6 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 08:37 PM

Sorry for asking a question like this, but I've been out of the loop for a while. Does this mean that the release of the next version is imminent or should I go ahead and start my semi-yearly playthrough of BGT? :unsure:

*Edit: Am I correct is guessing from your avatar that you play Guild Wars, Ascension?

Edited by Kalindor, 06 September 2007 - 10:31 PM.

#7 melkor_morgoth75

melkor_morgoth75

Lord

• Modder
  • 1509 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:33 PM

It should be ready soon, but if u have BGT 1.04 and don't want to wait some days use it. It's bugless so go for it. In my game i didn't have any issue so far.

mm75

Edited by melkor_morgoth75, 06 September 2007 - 11:33 PM.

Tired of the same boring spawned creatures u face in BG? Try BGSpawn

#8 Kalindor

Kalindor

Nerd of Lordly Calibur

• 142 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:39 PM

It should be ready soon, but if u have BGT 1.04 and don't want to wait some days use it. It's bugless so go for it. In my game i didn't have any issue so far.

mm75

Thanks, great and evil dark lord of the first age. Do you know what kind of changes are being made for this upcoming version? Will I be sorry I did not wait? :)

#9 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 07 September 2007 - 01:23 AM

Kalindor: http://www.shsforums...showtopic=24822

My opinion: surely worth waiting some days.

#10 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:55 AM

One question about incompatibility between dudley fixes and BGT.

Could you briefly tell us what kind of files (ex. .ITM, .SPL) have low chance of causing troubles at all during conversion from the BG1 Platform?

If I drop a modified item on the Override directory of BG1, will BGT take it along?

Thanks!

Edited by Salk, 07 September 2007 - 04:01 AM.

#11 Mephisto Satan Devil

Mephisto Satan Devil
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:59 AM

Ascension64:
Could you tell me whether the BGT-WeiDU v1.05 is the final version of BGT-WeiDU MOD?
Thank you.

#12 Abyss

Abyss
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:34 AM

hi,
I'm a new member and it's only few week that i play to BGT-Weidu 1.04.
my game crash if I try to go in joia's house or in the temple of wisdom, but i think it's a bug fix of this new version.
another problem it's if I use a resolution higher then 800x600 (like 1280x1024), if i try to see detail about some object like shield my BGT crash to desktop. so i'm forced to use low resolution.
when I install BGT weidu i remove all my cd/dvd and virtual image as instructions but I have always the error message about "there is no disc in your drive", my workarount it's to load the image of another game so it's ok

PS: I have installed the italian version of BG 1 / BG TOSC / BG2 SOA / BG2 TOB

#13 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 12:59 AM

You should use the 1024x768 resolution as the more higher once have really serius bugs in them if you get them even to work, and besides could you even see the chars and pick up the equipment if the fireball area effect would be an inch in diameter on you monitor?

Ascension64:
Could you tell me whether the BGT-WeiDU v1.05 is the final version of BGT-WeiDU MOD?

That's a bad question, as the more versions a mod has under it's belt, the more there is a chance it's a compadable with everything else. And this is important for BGT as it is essentially a mod that makes BG and BGTotSC compabadle with BGII-SoA and ToB. But I know why you ask, as we all want to burn the final version on a DVD for storage to save space and download time, but remember there might be the final bug that can't be easily corrected with patch, so...

If I drop a modified item on the Override directory of BG1, will BGT take it along?

I doubt it, as the original program was ment to copy/paste the old BG files to the BGII's engine, and this needs precise coding. Or else you might have a magic missile spell that launches lightning bolts, a +1 sword that kills instantly and a Cloud Kill spell that make the caster invisible and gate's in a goblins horde and a fireball etc.

These are just my oppinions, so if you don't like them or if they are wrong for some reason, just ignore what I have said completely. But there is a seed of truth in all of them.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#14 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:55 AM

Jarno,

I welcome your opinions, of course.

I can just say that my question is tied to the fact that Dudley has fixed several items and BG1 spells and I was wondering if they might cause incompatibilities or not. It might be even possible to drop them in the BG2 override after BGT conversion.

I don't know how it technically works and that's why I was asking Ascension64.

About the idea of cheating through this, I just believe that there are so many ways for people to cheat (and way easier than dropping content in the Override) that it should be the last of your worries... :cheers:

Edited by Salk, 08 September 2007 - 07:55 AM.

#15 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 03:36 AM

Sorry for the mess. Try and find your relevant replies in this big one.

Minor inconsistency: a female commoner (FTOBE5.CRE) in one of the Beregost houses (original BG1 area name: AR3327) says that we must have mistaken the unlocked door for an invitation in her house. The door is instead locked. My suggestion: simply make the door unlocked.

Could you please check this out, Ascension64?

Will have a look at some stage.

I have a suggestion: how about removing "Maevar" from "What should be done with them, Maevar?" line during transition from BG1 to BG2? Every single time I hear it, I feel that it sounds extremely silly. If I was Maevar, I'd cut the man's throat before he'd finish pronouncing the name.

How would non-English languages handle this sentence without Mae'Var there? If it is too much fuss for a simple cosmetic change, then I don't think I should change it for another round of translations.

Sorry for asking a question like this, but I've been out of the loop for a while. Does this mean that the release of the next version is imminent or should I go ahead and start my semi-yearly playthrough of BGT?

Yes, it is imminent. But imminent like a few weeks from now, since I'm getting extremely little time to work on the final bits let alone visit the forums. Just note that you will have to start a new game if you upgrade from v1.04 -> v1.05. I am surmising that loading v1.04 save games in v1.05 carries a risk of crashing the game due to the item overhaul.

*Edit: Am I correct is guessing from your avatar that you play Guild Wars, Ascension?

I did for a solid one-and-a-half years. I stopped playing a week before Eye of the North went live, and won't ever revisit the game.

Could you briefly tell us what kind of files (ex. .ITM, .SPL) have low chance of causing troubles at all during conversion from the BG1 Platform?

Not much change to BG1 will actually screw up a BGT install. The exception might be CRE changes, since they are imported, but it would depend on how you changed them.

BGT grabs MVE, CRE, TIS, MOS, BMP, all StrRefs (using International English), and WAV, from BG1. Everything else is modified or kept from BG2 (ITM, BCS, SPL) or introduced anew (like STO, DLG, ARE).

Thank you.

I will never formally label any version of any mod final, because the chances of reneging are extremely high. It is getting there though.

my game crash if I try to go in joia's house or in the temple of wisdom, but i think it's a bug fix of this new version.

Can you post a WeiDU.log of this game? When you do, I'll move your posts to a new thread so we can specifically troubleshoot your problem.

Edited by Ascension64, 12 September 2007 - 12:05 AM.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#16 Abyss

Abyss
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:20 AM

Can you post a WeiDU.log of this game? When you do, I'll move your posts to a new thread so we can specifically troubleshoot your problem.

sory, but I have deleted all and reinstalled, i'll try to go in this area to check the problem.
one question, now I installing all with guide of Leonardo Watson "The biggest running Mega-WeiDU Install of all". but when you release BGT-WeiDU v1.05 I must reinstall all :crying: ?

#17 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:20 PM

sory, but I have deleted all and reinstalled, i'll try to go in this area to check the problem.
one question, now I installing all with guide of Leonardo Watson "The biggest running Mega-WeiDU Install of all". but when you release BGT-WeiDU v1.05 I must reinstall all :crying: ?

Oh OK, no problem.
Well, everything from BGT-WeiDU v1.05 onwards, yes. You'd have to start a new game anyway.
I suggest you just play your current one and not worry about v1.05 to save the trouble. There aren't any sweeping changes in gameplay anyway.

--------------
Retired Modder

#18 -Flyinsky-

-Flyinsky-

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:58 PM

I have installed Solaufein,Valen,Item Upgrade,Ascension and some parts of Tactics Weidu Mods,of course weidu1.04.Everything is alright except the time when my party go to Area1700.According to my test,only when you go from the map of the elves' war site you can enter the area without any problem.If I go there from any other area,I will be forced to quit the Baldur's Gate.Maybe it's not the common problem,but if the problem will be fixed,it will be great.
I am a player of China.If possible,I wanna make friend with BG's players from all over the world.My e-mail is ddwind1024@yahoo.com.cn.My MSN is flyinjx@hotmail.com.Welcome to me!
Expect your mail,expect your making friend with me,expect the GREAT BGT WEIDU 1.05.

#19 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 12:04 AM

I have installed Solaufein,Valen,Item Upgrade,Ascension and some parts of Tactics Weidu Mods,of course weidu1.04.Everything is alright except the time when my party go to Area1700.According to my test,only when you go from the map of the elves' war site you can enter the area without any problem.If I go there from any other area,I will be forced to quit the Baldur's Gate.Maybe it's not the common problem,but if the problem will be fixed,it will be great.
I am a player of China.If possible,I wanna make friend with BG's players from all over the world.My e-mail is ddwind1024@yahoo.com.cn.My MSN is flyinjx@hotmail.com.Welcome to me!
Expect your mail,expect your making friend with me,expect the GREAT BGT WEIDU 1.05.

Hmm, AR1700 isn't a BGT area. Does anyone know which of the other mods changes that area?

--------------
Retired Modder

#20 Immortality

Immortality

Love Boat Captain

• 1616 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 03:04 AM

That is the small teeth pass. When i entered that area my game crashed (also north forest and the other forest), and I think it was because of the Tactics component of improved north forest, improved small teeth pass, etc.

However, when I used the GoToArea CLUAConsole command, they loaded fine and i had no problems.

Hope it helps!
CLAN DLAN, your friendly neighborhood spanish community. Woo!

I am a retired translator. If you need my assistance, or need somebody to translate something for you, you can send me a PM. I don't check SHS regularly. Thanks!! : D