Comments about PoOC thread #18

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
259 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be: How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1

A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #18 here

Edited by Floydian1, 03 September 2007 - 06:02 PM.

Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#2 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 06:28 PM

Quote of the day: Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Useless fact of the day: Each time a vampire was *dusted* in the hit tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it cost $5000 in effects.

Word of the day: maudlin \MAWD-lin\, adjective: Tearfully or excessively sentimental.

Floydian1

Post #179: wow, that looks, as always, amazing

Post #187: lol, just one of the many strange items that can be found in that mod, I didn't dare try to eat that thing :)

Post #188: Now that is a lot of loot :clap:

Post #194: Sure has been awhile since I saw that armor, a welcome surprise :)

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: What is that huge red gem in your loot pictures?

Sinharvest

Post #180: I think the is one of the major steps to taking screenshots missing from Greatfool1's guide, realizing that no one gets perfect screenshots all the time and the only way to increase the chance of getting those perfect shots is practice.

Taking for example this shot of yours the only thing wrong with it would be the very minor issue of the upper strap clipping a bit. In my opinion unless done very carefully clipping can draw all of the attention of the person viewing the picture to it, making them less likely to notice the rest of the shot. Again taking that above shot as an example my suggestion would be to simply move the camera to bit to the left, that way you can still see the character and the clipping wont be visible. If you didn't want to reduce the amount of the of character in the shot another idea is find some shirt or other top that has an open back and use that (I don't have the bab inventory on the top of my head atm but I am sure their is some sort of item like this).

Overall there are many different ways of making a screenshot look "Wonderful, awesome, amazing" or some other such thing and for each person it is different. Oh and if all else fails, you could always use GIMP and edit the picture :)

Post #192: Wonderful (there I go with that word again) lighting in this shot :clap:

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: wow...guess I should have put that reply to post #180 down here...oh well :)

Chiglet

Post #181: Hmm makes me wonder what he is pondering :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: What is he pondering?

Radicus

Post #182: I really like this shot, it really looks like she is reaching out to pet that cat.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: What ring is that they are wearing?

Chimera

Post #183: Hmm can't quite tell what you did but after looking back at an old picture of her she does look better now.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions
: What did you do to her?

Soul_Slayer

Post #184(nudity): Ah so now we see the "adult" versions of the lace outfits :)

Post #186: That is a great sword, Exnem has outdone them self once again.

Suggestions/questions/answers to comments: *tries to think of something to ask other then if you are going to release the updated lace outfits*

Highpressure

Post #185: So, that is what that pose is for, I never figured that one out before :)

Post #191: Really nice, although i think you are looking the wrong way :)

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: How do you add that gun smoke in pictures like this one?

Kalia

Post #189: How come I never find the neat corpses who are just hanging around? :) Oh and is it just me or does it look like you want to kill that bat? :unsure:

Suggestions/answers to questions: A "coincidence" ? Riiight.... :) (just kidding, with the the number of posts Floydian has no matter when you posted their was a good chance of being after one of his posts :) )

Yorkmaster

Post #190: She looks lovely, her eyes are stunning.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Any chance she is a Vampire? Something about her just makes me think that :unsure:

Rogue Sun

Post #193: Is there anywhere is Cyrodil with amazing lighting you haven't found? I am starting to think no... :)

: At long last I present you you my general question that I can ask if I can't think of anything else: Is that Oblivion? :whistling:

Okay my last idea kinda ended up a mess so no more ideas from me for a bit :(

Edited by Karandras, 03 September 2007 - 06:30 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#3 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:36 PM

Leomorg - A very interesting angle. Though one just can't help but almost feel a little overpowering with weaponos like that.
very interesting angle

@ Floydian1 - Thanks for the link on the Satyr stuff. :) Never put a mod in that's set up quite like that before, so it might be a little before I get to it. :) It'll give me something new to learn soon's things slow down more at work. This is a rather intersting object. Really like what looks like blue glowy writing on it. :)
Looks like what might happen if one stuck the equivalent of a a fork in an electrical outlet in Oblivion

@ Hector - That is one cute kangaroo impression. (nudity)

@ Karandras - Well, I was going to mention how cool and interesting your shots were. But then I remembered I'm not commenting on your pics today. Nope, no comments. Even if the pics are darn cool ones

@ Groo - Very nice :) Love the shineyness of the black.

@ Chimera - Seems even the weather agrees

@ highpressure - Looks like a peaceful spot to rest. :). Practicing the Tamriel Two-Step

@ Petrovich - Those are some damn funny shots. Almost feel a bit sorry for poor AF.

@ fyrefae - The armor may be skimpy, but she is still well armed with not only a sword, but two small, yet sharp daggers. And she does it all while looking good too.(nudity)

Ok. That's it for tonight. Too tired and there's work in the am. More comments tomorrow night though. :) (maybe even a couple for Karandras)

#4 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 10:42 PM

Highpressure
Post #185: So, that is what that pose is for, I never figured that one out before :)
Post #191: Really nice, although i think you are looking the wrong way :)
Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: How do you add that gun smoke in pictures like this one?

Well, here goes nothing. I'm going to try to explain the best I can on how to add smoke. :whistling:

ADDING SMOKE TO ANY PICTURE USING PHOTOSHOP:

1. Create a new layer by clicking the create new layer button in the bottom right panel. [layer should appear above your background].
2. Choose white/black as your foreground & background. (You can do this in the left tool bar if you wish).
3. Making sure the new layer is selected, now select the following: filter/render/clouds. Your new layer will now be filled with smoke or clouds. White in the foreground and black in the background.
4. Now double click your new layer. (make sure to click to the far right and not on the name) This will open up your Blending Options for the new layer.
5. With the blending options window open, we are not going to check any of the boxes. What we want to look at, are the two bars at the bottom of this window. The bar we are interested in has the words This Layer written above it. Notice that the bar goes from black to white, and that there is a little button underneath this bar. That little button has what looks like a dot, or a tiny line in the middle of it. This means that we can separate it!

Holding down your alt key, place your mouse pointer on the button. Now click and drag it to the right. You will notice that the dark ugly smoke/clouds are beginning to blend very smoothly with your picture. Not separating that little button would have given us some ugly hard edge effects. You can drag the separated button all the way to the right if you wish, or until you like the effect. Click O.K. to close the Blending Options window. If you feel that the smoke is still to heavy, simply adjust the opacity to a satisfactory percentage.

6. Now lets remove some of this smoke from our layer/picture. (unless you want it all over the picture that is) :) We are going to do this by selecting to edit the layer using Quick Mask. The quick mask button is found in the left tool bar near the bottom. It looks like a square with a circle inside of it, and it sits to the right of a button that looks just like it. (the other button to the left is Standard edit mode).

Once clicking on the quick mask button, we are going to select the Gradient Tool from the left tool bar. (once selected, make sure it is black/white) Now choose any edge of the picture and draw a line from that edge up to where you want the smoke to be removed. The screen will turn red in the area that is about to be edited. (the area where you just made that line) Now select the Standard edit button. Remember it's the button that looks just like the quick mask button, and sits to the left of it. After you select standard edit, you will notice that a large portion of your picture has been selected for removal. Well, we don't want to delete that, because then you wouldn't have much picture left. :crying:

7. What we want to do now is Invert the selection by pressing Ctrl/Shift/I. Now you will notice that the area selected for removal is the same area that turned red while we were in quick mask mode. Click delete to remove the unwanted smoke/clouds. Repeat the quick mask edits as needed to get the right blend of smoke for your taste. After you're done, just merge your layers, and save your picture.

I hope this helps. This is the first lengthy explanation I have given on anything, and I hope it is not too confusing. :) :blink:

#5 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 12:28 AM

Useless fact of the day: Each time a vampire was *dusted* in the hit tv show Buffy the Vampire Slayer, it cost $5000 in effects.

Holy crap. That almost doesn't seem worth it (though I never really watched the show in the first place).

Rogue Sun

Post #193: Is there anywhere is Cyrodil with amazing lighting you haven't found? I am starting to think no... :)

: At long last I present you you my general question that I can ask if I can't think of anything else: Is that Oblivion? :whistling:

As far as I know its still Oblivion, but I have been wrong in the past...

... once.

Probably not going to be too many screens from me in the next few days. Working on something else Oblivion related, and it moves :shifty: :huh:

#6 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 01:05 AM

@ Karandras: No she's not a vampire (yet) she looks indeed a bit vampiric but at the moment I haven't got any vampire mods and I'm not turning my beautiful character over to the vanilla vampire face, it would ruin her completely :twisted:
by the way does anyone have a good vampire mod so I can turn her into one without ruining the face ??

back to the new thread:
It seems treetopsmoker, that you are new and very young cause you can't COUNT :tease: !!!, still for a newbie your shots look great :P (although I might have seen some before I'm not sure :rolleyes: )

High pressure: how did you put all that smoke into your shot? did you use Photoshop? :P thanks for the tutorial.
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#7 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 03:45 AM

"Chimera

Post #183: Hmm can't quite tell what you did but after looking back at an old picture of her she does look better now.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: What did you do to her?"

Karandras, mostly skin tones; messing with the beard tones I think. I can't really remember and didn't keep a record, but maybe next time.

"@ Chimera - Seems even the weather agrees "
Chiglet, thanks. I didn't like the dreary weather but you are right.

Edited by Chimera, 04 September 2007 - 03:47 AM.

#8 highpressure

highpressure
  • 388 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:12 AM

@ Greatfool1: That was a funny video. AF stole the Show! :clap: :ROFL:

#9 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:28 AM

Super cool video Greatfool. Where can I get those animations? Suki needs to have a party too!

#10 kalia

kalia
  • 454 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

Holy crap. That almost doesn't seem worth it (though I never really watched the show in the first place).

:o :angry: Blasphemy! Grr.... Arggh.... :P

(the last bit was actually a buffy reference, for those poor souls who have indeed never watched the show)

#11 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:06 AM

@ Greatfool1: That was a funny video. AF stole the Show! :clap: :ROFL:

Thanks hp! Yours are WAY better - I had no idea how much shooting and editing you have to do to get some some kind of flow to it.

Super cool video Greatfool. Where can I get those animations? Suki needs to have a party too!

Thank you!
And while I am thanking you, I will take a second to tell you how impressed I always am with your characters' faces! :Bow: They are very unique and so life-like.

Sephs New Animations

Great animation thread

Edit: hp, thanks for the thorough explanation about adding smoke - I put that in the SS Guides under the PhotoShop section. :new_thumbs:

Edited by greatfool1, 04 September 2007 - 07:12 AM.

#12 VanQa

VanQa
  • 289 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:32 AM

Loved the Video Greatfool :)

Posted Image
-o0o- My Photobucket -o00-

#13 Victoria

Victoria

Resident Pixie

• 1489 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 07:33 AM

Very funny video GF1!!! :lol:
Posted Image
Click For My Screenshot Gallery
My Mods on TESNexus - deviantART
Thanks to Gizmodian for the wonderful sig!

#14 greatfool1

greatfool1
  • 351 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 08:37 AM

Loved the Video Greatfool :)

Very funny video GF1!!! :lol:

Thanks for these! Much appreciated. :cheers:

Something I should mention for anyone wanting to try a video with companions (I will put this in the SS Guides):

A few tricks that would have saved me some time - all the girls and AF are companions (from Divine Avenger). My pc is not in it because he is the badass dude and he didn't fit in to the theme. So the trick is to start the animations in the general area you want them to dance (or doing whatever), and then have your pc out of sight just below the floor in the middle of them (using TCL, of course). This will have them less oriented in one direction or another, especially in terms of their gazing. Just be careful when you TCL and move your pc because if you go too far below the floor or elsewhere, all the companions will try to follow him and all their animations will be reset to none.

Also, there are some new emote animations that can be added to your other animation to make them look surprised, etc. (Link is in thread noted in prior post.)

Edit: Also, my lighting sucked. It seemed fine at the time, but when the video was compressed, it looked pretty bad. So make sure you have lots of light. Also my editing sucked, but oh well... that is a whole other matter. :P

Edited by greatfool1, 04 September 2007 - 08:48 AM.

#15 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:18 PM

Useless Fact of the day: When under extreme stress, such as when held in captivity, some octopuses will eat their own arms, which grow back.

Quote of the day: The only winner in the War of 1812 was Tchaikovsky

Word of the day: commination \kom-uh-NAY-shuhn\, noun:1. A denunciation. 2. A threat of punishment.

Treetop Smoker

Post #2: Welcome back :) I see she is looking lovely as ever :)

Post #4: I refuse to make note of that fact you one shot has split into two, I will instead make note of how great this sky shot is :)

Post #12: Looks like someone has been raiding the Exnem mod storeroom :)

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: What does 赤砂のサソリ-三代 translate into? Bablefish just says "Scorpion - three generations of red sand"
:rolleyes:

Highpressure

Post #3: I guess you really don't like Kajjits :)

Post #10 Really nice robe and staff :)

Suggestions/answers to questions: I know you saw this one coming but where in the lost spires quest do you find those items in Post #10?

Yorkmaster

Post #5: Nice editing of the lighting :clap:

Post #15: lol nicep one, that beggar looks envious :)

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Not again...I am out of questions, suggestions, and answers to questions :(

Chimera

Post #6: Very nice although in my opinion the black one would go with her hair better, maybe that's just me though.

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: Darn it, I already used up my suggestion :(

Floydian1

Post #7: Really nice tattoos *question moved to below*

Post #9: Really nice, that would make a great wallpaper.

Post #13: Very nice, I love the blueish glow on the swords.

Post #14: Sliced open :)

Post #17: I sure hope that gun has silver bullets :)

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: Is that the new Altmer Orc ancestors race in post #7?

Greatfool1

Post #8(video): A bit short but still a good movie, I should try making one sometime...

Suggestions/questions/answers to questions: A suggestion (for once), for you next video is there any chance of a hi quality version in addition to the normal one? (drat the ended up as a question didn't it?)

Soul_Slayer

Post #11: Don't ask me how but somehow your simplest shots seem to be your best recently, case in point

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: Are you using oblivion pre 1.2? that LOD looks...well to be quite frank, bad :unsure:

Ginnyfizz

Post #16: AH! Run for the hills! It is a female version of the adoring fan!

Post #16 part 2: Sorry about that above, that is just the first though I had when I saw your first shot :)

Post #16 Part 3: Really nice, I love that tattoo

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: What is the name of that sword she is using?
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#16 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:25 PM

Treetop Smoker

Post #2: Welcome back :) I see she is looking lovely as ever :)

Post #4: I refuse to make note of that fact you one shot has split into two, I will instead make note of how great this sky shot is :)

Post #12: Looks like someone has been raiding the Exnem mod storeroom :)

Thank you very much. I have been doing my homework :D

Treetop Smoker

Suggestions/answers to questions/questions: What does 赤砂のサソリ-三代 translate into? Bablefish just says "Scorpion - three generations of red sand"
:rolleyes:

Since you are interested. :) I just romanized it for you !

赤砂のサソリ= Akasuna no Sasori = Scorpion of the red sand

三代目風影= Sandaime Kazekage= Third wind shadow.

I hope this helped a little. :cheers:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 04 September 2007 - 04:41 PM.

Posted Image

#17 Lady Blue

Lady Blue
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:50 PM

Nice screenies Treetop :)
Are you Japanese? :wub:

#18 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:21 PM

Thank you Lady Blude. Yes, I'm Japanese but only half , and that makes me a Gaijin..... :crying:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 04 September 2007 - 05:23 PM.

Posted Image

#19 Lady Blue

Lady Blue
  • 133 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

Thank you Lady Blude. Yes, I'm Japanese but only half , and that makes me a Gaijin..... :crying:

Same here :ROFL: :P

#20 Treetop Smoker

Treetop Smoker

サクラ-絶世の美女

• 593 posts

Posted 04 September 2007 - 06:02 PM

Same here :ROFL: :P

Konnichiwa. :cheers: Nice to know another Nihonjin here. :D Are you half Korean?. :blush:

Edited by Treetop Smoker, 04 September 2007 - 06:05 PM.

Posted Image