Suggest to me some mods to play

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Isilven

Isilven

DANNY TREJO, DUKE OF THE WESTERN LOWLANDS

• 1236 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:40 PM

My husband and I have re-installed our copy of BGII (for playing sake, and for the fact that I couldn't run any of my own coding for my mod >.<) We already have:
-Banter packs
-Flirt packs
-Unfinished Business
-Solaufein (because Noccy would kill us if we didn't, seriously)
-Longer Road/Redemption

We've already played Chloe and Saerileth (though I probably will replay little miss Saeri). I refuse to play Tsujatha unless there is a different portrait I can use (I'm sorry, to me he looks like he's going "Uhhhhhh..." in his portrait, sorry Choo Choo and whomever did his portrait).

Any other mods you can suggest to me? I am considering Ascension, though I've never played all the way with an evil character, and in the EVIL CHIPMUNK case, who is fun in an evil relationship?

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen
"Endure. In enduring, grow strong." -The Third Circle of Zerthimon

#2 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

Edwin romance is good, if you're looking for an evil romance (though Edwin, like Viconia, really fails to come off as *evil* in the romance). Xan over at G3 is highly recommended, ditto Fade here at SHS (granted, no ToB content yet). I also use the TweakPack and Tactics mods, but those are a matter of personal taste. Imoen romance is also very well done-it has a very different feel to it than most mod romances, as you might expect (the Imoen Romance isn't at any of the usual community sites, though-www.imoen.org).

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#3 SConrad

SConrad

I swear to drunk I'm not God

• Administrator
  • 11148 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:46 PM

Moved to IE Modding Discussion. :)

Posted Image Khadion NPC mod - Team leader, head designer
Posted Image Hubelpot NPC mod - Team leader, coder
Posted Image NPC Damage - Coder
Posted Image PC Soundsets - Coder, voice actor
Posted Image Brythe NPC mod - Designer
Posted Image DragonLance TC - Glory of Istar - Designer
Posted Image The NPC Interaction Expansion Project - Writer for Cernd, Sarevok
Posted Image The Jerry Zinger Show - Producer

Iron Modder 5 - Winner

#4 Isilven

Isilven

• 1236 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 05:51 PM

TRUST ME, we know about ImRom. That's how we met, fell in love, and got engaged :)

We were considering Xan and Fade, and we have the Edwin Romance downloaded. We'll have to check out the Fey'ri lass and the doomed elf :)

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

"You just want them to be your panties, you dirty little girl!" -Ilmatar and Kellen

#5 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:08 PM

FADE! :wub: :hug: Oh yes definetly go for her ^_^
Sorry, guess I've got something for wild tiefling thieves *snicker*

Anyways if you're also looking for something in-depth with another Tiefling, try the Amber mod.
Or something cheeky at times and plays alot of nastiness if she's in the same party as Ano, try the sassy Chloe mod, unlike Fade she swings the other way, y'know. :)

Oh and I'll say for CC that she'd definetly vouch for Xan, her crazy elf fangirl side never lets me forget.
And once
Spoiler
... is ready, I'm sure that'd be something to look foward too ^_^

Edit: Thanks Tempest
Oh and idiot me, forgot a few more smilies :)

Edited by Solar's Harper, 05 September 2007 - 09:50 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#6 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:11 PM

TRUST ME, we know about ImRom. That's how we met, fell in love, and got engaged :)

Wow, I bet the authors of Imoen Romance did not foresee such impact:D

Kivan and Deheriana over G3 might interest you, too. Or Romantic Encounters, which has been released just recently. Maybe D0QuestPack at pocketplane, Tower of Deception at blackwyrmlair.

Edited by Gort, 05 September 2007 - 09:38 PM.

#7 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 07:17 PM

(grr how do you black out these things?)

The code tags are "spoiler" and "/spoiler", only using brackets instead of quotation marks. :)

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#8 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:15 PM

Well, yeah. Xan. Of course.

I'd also recommend trying out Amber. A well-developed character with THE MOST AMAZING INTRODUCTION I'VE EVER SEEN.

Ahem.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#9 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:33 PM

G3 Anniversary Mod adds a fun quest to the game. It is not entirely serious, but it's still a lot of fun.

(wracks brain trying to come up with mods not already mentioned, fails, leaves it at that)

Edited by berelinde, 05 September 2007 - 10:36 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#10 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 05:45 AM

Mine of course.
For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#11 Miss Sakaki

Miss Sakaki

Modder

• Modder
  • 505 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:00 AM

If you're interested in romances, Amber's romance and friendship are lovely. On a non-romance side, Auren has a nice amount of friendly chats with Charname.

I like Oversight, particularly for the cleric kit changes and the altered spells component, and the G3 Tweak Pack has various goodies like druids using the cleric spell progression table and an increased chance of seeing NPC interjections.

edit: Beyond the Law also adds lots of quest content and interesting interactions.

Edited by Miss Sakaki, 06 September 2007 - 06:04 AM.

#12 Gabrielle

Gabrielle

Do what thou wilt

• 1567 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:05 AM

But other than mine, that Valen mod is just f**king awesome! I wish I had the idea to make a mod involving a vamp.

Alora is good.

Keto kicks ass. Being a bard gives it a high rating with me.

Tactics I think it was called, was good also, if you are looking for a non-npc mod. Check the Bodies is ok now. It was a poor mod when it was first released, with the newer version it seems to be more stable. Lots of quests and places to explore which is one of my favorite things in a mod. It adds replay value to the game.

OMFG! I forgot one, Chloe. Chloe just rules and I mean rules. If you like a butt kicking gal full of attitude, she's the one.

Edited by Gabrielle, 06 September 2007 - 06:11 AM.

For all of your BG modding needs: Chosen of Mystra.

This is The End.

#13 Isilven

Isilven

• 1236 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:08 AM

@ Gort: I think it wasn't much of a surprise for Lord Mirrabbo. As I understand it, the mod is how he met HIS wife, too :D

Okay, so I've got a few votes for Amber (she sounds fun!), and Fade sounds awesome as hell. I know I'll have to play Xan and Auren, lest some of my dear friends on here murder me for not doing so ;)

I was looking at Romantic Encounters, actually, and it sounded quite amusing. Kivan will probably wait, but that'll be okay, because I've already got too many mod characters in my party, lol.

Chloe... I'm sorry, but I really did not like her. I didn't mind that she's an air genasi, what I did mind was that she seemed a wee bit overpowered for you to get her IMMEDIATELY. I also had issue with her voice pack (the levels need to be tweaked because she comes out too loud, like she's yelling all the time... and that's when the voice pack actually WORKS. I had to reload her three times to get her to actually voice her intro lines in Irenicus' Dungeon). The one thing that bothered me the most was really stupid and I know it's nitpicky, but I am a cleric at heart, and I've pretty much memorized Faiths and Pantheons.
THE NAME OF THE GOD OF AIR IS AKADI, NOT AKADIA.

Hahaha... rant, sorry >.<

So right now the list is:
-Solaufein
-Kelsey (who is getting booted for Xan, looks like)
-Amber
-Fade
-Auren

I'm playing as an elven swashbuckler female, so I need a cleric (using Ano for that) and mage (replacing Kelsey with Xan) The rest will be fun! Thanks everyone!

Keep suggesting mods to me, because I'll be playing with different parties :)

hlyeo.jpg

Inkosazana

#14 Sir Kalthorine

Sir Kalthorine

Order of Radiant Ugliness

• Modder
  • 2188 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:51 AM

Might I suggest Keto as well (bard)? Her dialogue is well-written and she is a pleasantly down-to-earth and grounded NPC, which makes a pleasant change from some of the more way-out-there (but still good!) NPCs out there.

KACH_TS.jpg Chrysta... could helping her to uncover her past threaten your own future?

"Pity the land in need of Heroes."- Bertolt Brecht
"A little madness, now and then, is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#15 SimDing0

SimDing0

GROUP ICON

• 1654 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:16 AM

Many couples opt for Quest Pack-themed wedding cake.
Repeating cycle of pubes / no pubes.

A Comprehensive Listing of IE Mods

#16 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:19 PM

If you have gone through the megamods and the technical and tweaks mod hassle already, and know almost what you want, I really can't give you a good advice. But don't let them intimitade you, there is always something they can fix for yo!

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#17 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:11 PM

I would also suggest waiting for the next version of Crossmod to come out; it shouldn't be too long, and it has *lots* of crossmod NPC banter for the NPCs you have there. I can send you a beta copy if you would like which has everything minus interjections. :)

#18 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 02:32 PM

Meh, and
Spoiler
. :P :D

As for clerics, there aren't as many NPCs around, mainly due to that whole overload of cleric types Bioware insisted on methinks. ;)
Can't say I know any aside from what has been listed, and I know quite a few are still only in the works of theory...
Sorry :(

If you're looking for mages try Tashia, she's good for a sorcress, even though she is limited.
And about your little correction of Akadi, you might want to email that correction to Lucy, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. ^_^

Ah what the hell: "We're all doomed!" :lol:
Sorry, couldn't help myself :D

Edited by Solar's Harper, 06 September 2007 - 02:33 PM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#19 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

If you're looking for a BG1 cleric, there's Finch, an adorable gnomish cleric, and Gavin, a romanceable human cleric of Lathander. AFAIK, Finch is only available for Tutu. Gavin's going to be coming out with a new version in a couple weeks, which will be compatible with either Tutu or BGT. The current version is just Tutu.

And of course, there's BG2 Gavin, but he's still a long, long ways away.

Edited by berelinde, 06 September 2007 - 03:31 PM.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#20 Gort

Gort
  • Validating
  • 614 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:55 PM

@ Gort: I think it wasn't much of a surprise for Lord Mirrabbo. As I understand it, the mod is how he met HIS wife, too :D

Okay, now I understand why I'm not married. It's because I haven't find the girl of my dream. And why haven't I found her? BECAUSE I HAVEN'T WRITTEN DAMN GREAT MOD YET!!! Back to work! No time to chit-chat!