Bug List for 0.42

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#1 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:24 AM

Since 0.42 is now available, please post any bugs here. Wish list information should be posted separately in its own post. Thanks.

Known -

Rivian's soundset - still too quiet, didn't get new version in time for this package.
Slavers A3/A4 - not included yet. The Silver Princess mod took too much of my time.
Kessa's ending - Kessa should not be joinable at this point, however, I didn't get those dialogs finished, your battle with her may still have problems (this includes problems with the werewolves).
Rivian Banters - there are still some banters with Rivian that may not time themselves well. The Westgate dialog is fixed but others may still not match the storyline correctly.
Chaarna will still appear in the slaver fortress with a low XP level. If she goes with you to the Silver Princess areas, she will appear in the slaver fortress with the XP level from that area (basically she is moved there from this area)
Rilithar's level 7 CRE file has some bad sound links to a default female PC soundset (I have know idea how that happened)
Some custom BAMs (originals and PST) may still be off center and cause problems with moving the item in and out of inventory (need to create a full list and find all of these)

Edited by Sir BillyBob, 07 September 2007 - 09:53 AM.
Updates

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#2 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:02 AM

I'm afraid I've already found a bug, no less than about 5 minutes into the game when I meet Chaarna for the first time. :(
I met her with Dirbert and Shadow in the party, as an elven female PC. I agreed to her proposal of adventure, though I do think she still has a certain issue with audio that needs resolving, that isn't the bug that appeared. :)

Shortly after checking the record page, the game triggered a banter with her relating to how she was captured, what happened to Oakhurst and all those details. Needless to say, Oakhurst hasn't even gone up in smoke yet, I've yet to even leave the area, all I did was check the menu right after recruiting her and the banter triggered randomly.

I think this desperately needs correcting so as to avoid spoilers before these things happen. ;)

Oh and on a final note that probably is more to do with a fault on my part, did the wall color of many of Oakhurst's buildings change to white? Or is this just something that has gone wrong on my part? ;)

I bet it was my mistakes that has triggered their sudden change.

Edit: Spelt Chaarna wrong ;)

Edited by Solar's Harper, 08 September 2007 - 04:09 AM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#3 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

I noticed the huge spoiler already, I got the same banter too when she joined. I am glad someone noticed the buildings, Look at the trees too. They have also been recolored. Have you exited the map yet? I wonder what you think of all of the changes.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 04:19 AM

Heh! Don't worry I noticed the Autumn like look too Leahnkain, nice touch, and it compliments your Avvy btw. ^_^

Anyways, I'm just about to head back into it, just decided to report this bug while it was still fresh in my head. Me have a bad case of memory loss sometimes :lol:

Edited by Solar's Harper, 08 September 2007 - 04:19 AM.

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#5 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:47 AM

Well I've just confirmed it. :(
Exiting Oakhurst seems to be at a standstill, none of the possible exit routes allow for continuation into the Ravine area, or for the side-quest into this palace thing.
Sorry people :(

~***~***~***~

#6 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:50 AM

Alright, I was worried it was just me. Thank you for your comfirmation. I will PM SirBillyBob ASAP.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#7 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:51 AM

1) Tinker sells 3 potitions of Invulnerability, but they aren't identified.
2) This is weard, durring the CA 0.42's WeiDU-installation, it is trying to find something but can't. As I know nothing about what's going on, I'll post the short bit that's off.
[data/SP-AREA.bif] will contain 48 resources totalling 99367668 bytes
KEY saved (190 biffs, 42678 resources)
[b]File C:\CA\override\TC2???.BCS can't find.
File C:\CA\override\TC2???.MOS can't find.[/b]
		1 file(s) copied.
override\1007MS1.BAM
override\...
is this normal. Apperently is. 8)

I am really curious if you can get to the next area smoothly.

Smoothly, well not exactly, but if you know where to go, it becomes smooth(that is you exit into the west), and by the way I send you my baldur.ini, you'll need to edit it a bit so it has the right info; the Alias 'es but you can make a txt file into a the baldur ini with it by first inserting what I send and then renaming the txt into a baldur.ini.

@Solar's Harper:You'll need to talk to Chaara, and then exit to the west.

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 08 September 2007 - 06:09 AM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#8 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:57 AM

The error during the Biff process is fine. This is code for when I finally add in the Suderham areas (which are TC2***). I haven't added them yet, so the message kicks in.

Yes, Chaarna has a bug. It is already fixed. Also, if she joins your party, you can't go to the Ravine. Head out the Left (West) side of the map to her new area. I forgot to include a map point on the area map to show this.

The Tinker is actually using a store that I grabbed from somewhere else in SoA. I agree that selling items should all be identified. Not sure why these aren't. I'll add this to the corrections.

Classic Adventures

#9 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:02 AM

Okay guess thats one bug semi-knocked off the list, thanks Jarno and SBB. :cheers:

And Jarno. I find it very difficult to NOT talk to her y'know, she does after all walk right up to me after all. ^_^
uh, no joke intended in there tho people, so don't look for one. :P

And about that 3 potions of invunerablity, yes they are still unidentified, in fact they've been like that for the last 2 updates (0.41, 0.41a).
So yeah, basically agreeing with Jarno's findings.

~***~***~***~

#10 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:14 AM

Okay, here is a fix for Chaarna so you don't hear what happens to Oakhurst before you really know what happens to Oakhurst. Just drop this script into your override folder.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#11 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:19 AM

And Jarno. I find it very difficult to NOT talk to her y'know, she does after all walk right up to me after all.

:blink: Well, the first time I blissfully just ran around the hill on the other side, and becan to wonder when the new adventure would begin after I re-enterred the Oakhurst, after killing the enemy druid. :D Typical of me. <_<

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#12 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:19 AM

Jarno, thank you. I can now access the area...stupid me. SirBillyBob maybe we should have a clear exit marker on the map to the tinkers area.

#13 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

Jarno, I just got yor PM. Thank you, now I can cheat in my game again.

#14 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 06:30 AM

Go West, young man.

Okay, I may be the only one here old enough to remember this phrase. Here is a clue for how to get to the new areas. Head West off the map.

Attached Images

• GoWest.JPG

Classic Adventures

#15 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:08 AM

I thought I was the only one who remebered that damn song... I went west, no problems. My baldur.ini file was messed up but Jarno helped me out. Thanks again!

#16 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 07:20 AM

:lol: Okay I apologise for my pretty straight-foward answer, guess its because I'm so used to exploring everything I can like the curious little demonspawn I am that I forget not everyone heads up the same path. Silly me. :doh:

~***~***~***~

#17 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:20 AM

Glowfire or Glowfire's weilder(with all of the bright whites) is causing the game to crash.

#18 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 11:10 AM

I believe it is the sword. I had the same problem. I thought I fixed this earlier so I am not sure what the snag is this time. The sword is a copy of the Flame Tongue, however, I have since found that the FT sword is buggy. It uses EFF files that point to non-existant items. I thought I had fixed it but I see that the two EFF files are still pointing to the wrong targets.

Extract the two EFF files from the attached and place in your override. See if that fixes the problem. So far I haven't had the crash again, but I still don't know what exactly is the cause. It could also be the protection from fatigue. I don't think that really works like it should.

Attached Files

Classic Adventures

#19 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 08 September 2007 - 08:43 PM

It still isn't working...the sword animation is fine and it works well when I use it, I think it is the creature.

Edited by leahnkain, 08 September 2007 - 09:29 PM.

#20 Lysan Lurraxol

Lysan Lurraxol
  • Modder
  • 899 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 03:03 AM

I just wuv the new update. Everything's so pretty, Oakhurst and Saltamarsh are lovely. :wub:

I have hit a few new bugs though, the Catharandamus encounter's a bit messy ATM, if I fight him, he summons his goons, except Aleigha just stands there. I poked around the d files, and she's supposed to fight, then I can talk to her, but she doen't do anything on my game.
Also, Cath repeats Aleigha's joining dialouge every time I talk to him after Aleigha joins me if I offer to work for Cath.

And this isn't a bug, but, It'd be nice if Cath and Candella had leave party dialouges, as is, I'm kinda stuck with them. If i drop them I can never get them back, as they have nothing to say to me.

Other than that, great work :) , it's coming along really well. :)

BTW, I take it from Aleigha's leaving dialouge, that we can go to Piney Bluff at some point?

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70?s and 80?s. Experience AD&D?s greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Classic Adventures Visit our homepage at Classic Adventures Homepage