• 981 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 08:14 PM

Posted Image
File Name: Nico's Dreadweave Exnemized
File Submitter: Soul_Slayer
File Submitted: 4 Oct 2007
File Updated: 4 Oct 2007
File Category: Weapons/Armour

This mod simply adds an Exnemized curaiss to the Dreadweave set, it's sitting on top of the Aylied cask
with the rest of the armor, both the light and heavy .esp's have been edited to include it.

All credit for this go to Nico, for obvious reasons, and to VagabondAngel, since I used his awesome Daedric Priestess curaiss to make up the Exnem version.

I'm including Nico's ReadMe as it contains relevant info on the mod.

Readthis for Nico's Dreadweave Armor v1.4

Reason for this mod:

This armor was created for my current character to have something unique, and to test my skills on something other than weapons.

What It Does:

This mod adds one suit of Dreadweave armor to the end of Ondo (Aylied) ruins.

It's sitting on an altar with an Aylied cask.

Installation:

Unpack the archive to a known location (like my documents). Drop the folder marked 'Data' into your Oblivion directory (where the Oblivion.exe is located)

Be sure to place a checkmark next to the version (light, or heavy armor) you wish to use at Oblivion start-up in the Data directory.

Installation of Extras:

I have enclosed glow maps for the Tengwar cursive that appears on the armor.

If you'd like to have glow mapped Tengwar cursive place the folder marked 'Data' (found in the 'Extras' folder) in your Oblivion directory (where the Oblivion.exe is located).

Un-installation:

Remove the checkmark from the 'Nico's Dreadweave Armor (light or heavy).esp' found in your Data directory at Oblivion start-up.

If you'd also like to remove the files (not needed) they are located in folders marked 'Nico's Dreadweave Armor' in the meshes, and texture folders.

12-.nifs, and 13-.dds files (note: there are an additional 4-.dds files enclosed in the extras).

Known Issues:

KNOWN ISSUES REPAIRED IN V1.4 :)

Extras:
________

I have enclosed a file marked 'Hints' which contains pictures of the location of Ondo as well as the location within Ondo where the armor is located.

Use these (or not) as you see fit.

Enclosed also is a file marked 'Extras' which contains the glow maps for the Tengwar cursive found on the armor (see Installation of Extras section above).

IMPORTANT NOTE ON USING THE EXTRAS:

If you have installed the extra files for glow mapped Tengwar script, and decide to revert back to the non-glow mapped version you'll need to re-download the original .nif mesh files or change the emissive color for each one to between #222222, and #242424 or the armor will emit the colors of the texture even in the dark.

________

Big Thanks to Ghost_ruler for the bug report on the gap at the back of the neck so I could repair it.

Thanks to Bethesda for the original meshes and texture I modified to create this armor.

Thanks also to J.R.R. Tolkien for creating Tengwar cursive.

Last but not least thanks to Blood Reaver from the ESF for the name, and all who answered my WIP thread with ideas, and feedback.

Permissions:

It is O.K. to re-release this mod in it's original form should I become unreachable.

It is also O.K. to use the meshes, textures, and icons as a modders resource so long as credit is given for my original work.

Version log:

1.0= initial release
1.1= repaired buggered .esp files
1.2= reworked glow map extras, and included emissive color tweaked .nif files
1.3= repaired cuirass_gnd texture path
1.4= re-worked the curiass.nif for both the male, and female armors to make mixing, and matching with vanilla armors possible, and to repair the gap at the back of the neck when used without the hood.

Click here to download this file

#2 -Strayer-

-Strayer-

Posted 07 May 2008 - 03:56 AM

I've a few questions, i've extracted everything correctly and activated the plug-in but the armor isn't there, could anyone help?

<center>Posted Image</center>File Name: Nico's Dreadweave Exnemized
File Submitter: Soul_Slayer
File Submitted: 4 Oct 2007
File Updated: 4 Oct 2007
File Category: Weapons/Armour

This mod simply adds an Exnemized curaiss to the Dreadweave set, it's sitting on top of the Aylied cask
with the rest of the armor, both the light and heavy .esp's have been edited to include it.

All credit for this go to Nico, for obvious reasons, and to VagabondAngel, since I used his awesome Daedric Priestess curaiss to make up the Exnem version.

I'm including Nico's ReadMe as it contains relevant info on the mod.

Readthis for Nico's Dreadweave Armor v1.4

Reason for this mod:

This armor was created for my current character to have something unique, and to test my skills on something other than weapons.

What It Does:

This mod adds one suit of Dreadweave armor to the end of Ondo (Aylied) ruins.

It's sitting on an altar with an Aylied cask.

Installation:

Unpack the archive to a known location (like my documents). Drop the folder marked 'Data' into your Oblivion directory (where the Oblivion.exe is located)

Be sure to place a checkmark next to the version (light, or heavy armor) you wish to use at Oblivion start-up in the Data directory.

Installation of Extras:

I have enclosed glow maps for the Tengwar cursive that appears on the armor.

If you'd like to have glow mapped Tengwar cursive place the folder marked 'Data' (found in the 'Extras' folder) in your Oblivion directory (where the Oblivion.exe is located).

Un-installation:

Remove the checkmark from the 'Nico's Dreadweave Armor (light or heavy).esp' found in your Data directory at Oblivion start-up.

If you'd also like to remove the files (not needed) they are located in folders marked 'Nico's Dreadweave Armor' in the meshes, and texture folders.

12-.nifs, and 13-.dds files (note: there are an additional 4-.dds files enclosed in the extras).

Known Issues:

KNOWN ISSUES REPAIRED IN V1.4 :)

Extras:
________

I have enclosed a file marked 'Hints' which contains pictures of the location of Ondo as well as the location within Ondo where the armor is located.

Use these (or not) as you see fit.

Enclosed also is a file marked 'Extras' which contains the glow maps for the Tengwar cursive found on the armor (see Installation of Extras section above).

IMPORTANT NOTE ON USING THE EXTRAS:

If you have installed the extra files for glow mapped Tengwar script, and decide to revert back to the non-glow mapped version you'll need to re-download the original .nif mesh files or change the emissive color for each one to between #222222, and #242424 or the armor will emit the colors of the texture even in the dark.

________

Big Thanks to Ghost_ruler for the bug report on the gap at the back of the neck so I could repair it.

Thanks to Bethesda for the original meshes and texture I modified to create this armor.

Thanks also to J.R.R. Tolkien for creating Tengwar cursive.

Last but not least thanks to Blood Reaver from the ESF for the name, and all who answered my WIP thread with ideas, and feedback.

Permissions:

It is O.K. to re-release this mod in it's original form should I become unreachable.

It is also O.K. to use the meshes, textures, and icons as a modders resource so long as credit is given for my original work.

Version log:

1.0= initial release
1.1= repaired buggered .esp files
1.2= reworked glow map extras, and included emissive color tweaked .nif files
1.3= repaired cuirass_gnd texture path
1.4= re-worked the curiass.nif for both the male, and female armors to make mixing, and matching with vanilla armors possible, and to repair the gap at the back of the neck when used without the hood.

Click here to download this file