Photo

Tattoo troubles and tribulations

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

I was trying to add a tattoo to my deamon-elf and I think I did something wrong :(
I think there is something wrong with the humanfootfemaledragontattoo_n (the negative right?) texture
some screeniesof the way it looks in-game:
MILD NUDITY!!!
1 2 3 4

I used the Humanfootfemale from BAB as a base and added the picture then I just saved as humanfootfemaledragontattoo.dds
I then need a negative as well right? so I set out to create a negative with no clue as to how, except my theory that the negative is the inverted color so I tried and fiddled some but apparently with no succes while I thought I had gotten it right. I can't remember excactly what I did but as it didn't work I don't really regrete not writing it down. :mellow:

Can anyone point me to an easy tutorial for Gimp2 or just plain tell me how to do that in Gimp2 ?

I also noted that normally the size of the _N file is way much smaller than the original in my case it is the same size (it's also very big about five times he size of the regular footfemale.dds)
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

EDIT a few minutes later after a bit of thinking. I copied the original _n textureand renamed it to my tattoo mesh_n and it seems to work.. no more strange light happenings, so my imediate problem is solved but that doesn't mean I don't want to know he right way to create that texture myself.

Edited by Yorkmaster, 05 October 2007 - 11:15 AM.

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#2 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:13 AM

The little _n means that is the normal map for texture. From the look of it something went really wrong with the _n file. I think if you wanted to fix that then try this:

1. Find the _n version of the default bab foot texture.

2. make a copy of that and rename it to humanfootfemaledragontattoo_n.

3. Use that file to replace the one you made.

4. test it in-game.

In my tests with tattoos I never had to change the _n file at all except to change the name to match the other file (plus the _n)
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#3 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 11:25 AM

Thanks Karandras As you can see in my edit I did try that out and no worries anymore it's a great relief to know that this works this easily.
HAVE A :cookie: !! and :cheers:

It all revolves around that _n I thought it meant negative as in Photography... assumptions are to blame. and the fact that I didn't read any tutorial or whatever and just started what I wanted to do...

once again thanks, I'll add some tattoo's in my update for my deamonelf (can't promise a day but soon :) )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image