Challenge #6: A Few Thoughts on Wings

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 IronDragon

IronDragon
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 04:26 PM

A Few Thoughts on Wings

Aerie surveyed the members of the party. They had been traveling with for nearly a month now and they each meant so much to her, each in their own special way. After the times they had had together, the battles they had faced she felt certain they would listen and understand her anguish. She cleared her throat and spoke in a loud clear voice, ?I lost my wings you know.?

?Yeah...you?ve mentioned that once or twice? Nalia muttered pulling a blanket up over her head.

Jaheira started to rub her temples. ?By Silvanus, the woman is unnatural.?

Aerie allowed a pouty frown settle onto her lips, held her head high and continued. ?They were torn from me by slavers. This shows the cruelness of fate to have such a vital piece of my existence ripped from me.?

Sir Keldorn Firecam looked as if he were near tears, surely he understood her pain. ?For the love of the gods, please, please ? shut up!? He begged.

?I can no longer soar among the clouds,? Aeire continued undaunted. ?Yet I will persevere even though I am scarred and stranded here on the ground with beings like you? Hopeless pathetic beings who will never understand my misery or my torment.?

?Torment?? Hadrian drew Holy Avenger from its scabbard it?s jeweled handle glittered in the firelight. ?That is IT?I have had it. There?s goanna be chunks of winged elf flying all over the place!? Mazzy and Yoshimo tackled Hadrian, shoving him to the ground before he could make good on his threat and charge Aerie. ?NO!? He screamed. ?You won?t stop me this time!?

?Your grace.? Mazzy implored. ?Think of the consequences. You will be a fallen Paladin?no longer able to wield the holy sword you now hold in your hand. Your quest to free your sister would be in jeopardy.?

?Yes my young friend.? Yoshimo agreed prying the hilt of Carsomyr from his hand one finger at a time. ?Think of the consequences. What you contemplate, while surely satisfying, it is not worth it.? with a grunt he pried the last of Hadrian?s fingers from the hilt. ?Now why don?t you return to your bed roll and get some sleep? Things will be better in the morning.?

Aerie said unmoved by the spectacle before her. She moved to Hadran and crouched down so her huge limpit eyes, damp with tears unshed, shimmered in the firelight. ?You must think of me as hideously deformed, Don?t you Hadrian??

Hadrian bellowed and almost threw Mazzy and Yoshimo off of him. He renewed his struggle to get his sword. ?Give me my sword! Oh, it will be worth it all right. Give ti to me!?

Mazzy sighed while putting Hadrian in a sleeper hold. ?Sir Keldorn, do come and help force Hadrian back into his bedroll and Nalia, stop trying to hide and be a dear and cast sleep on Hadrian?and the rest of us as well.?

Aerie pouted and turned back to the fire of their campsite. This did not go at all like she had hoped, but then the two AM announcement always made everyone so testy.

#2 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 06 October 2007 - 05:04 PM

A suprising amount of restraint from all of those characters, does Aerie have to be even more annoying at 2AM or is it just me? :lol:

Nice work, IronDragon. :cheers:

And I repeat my statement above, there's a lot more restraint shown than what could be expected of the normal person. :D

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#3 IronDragon

IronDragon
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 02:09 PM

A suprising amount of restraint from all of those characters, does Aerie have to be even more annoying at 2AM or is it just me? :lol:

Nice work, IronDragon. :cheers:

And I repeat my statement above, there's a lot more restraint shown than what could be expected of the normal person. :D

Well they are good aligned people?

I have never managed to play a Paladin and keep Aerie alive. It seems my Paladin always kills here?.usually in a very public place like the temple district?.strange thing is, no one seems to care.

#4 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:08 PM

Hehe, this one makes me laugh. And yeah, as Solar said, a good amount of restraint. Good writing, IronDragon.

#5 Caileena

Caileena
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

I like this a lot. And its totally be worth it to bring that sword down, fallen palidin or not.

#6 IronDragon

IronDragon
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:52 PM

Hehe, this one makes me laugh. And yeah, as Solar said, a good amount of restraint. Good writing, IronDragon.

Thanks Celestine. Glad you enjoyed

#7 IronDragon

IronDragon
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 04:54 PM

I like this a lot. And its totally be worth it to bring that sword down, fallen palidin or not.

Well considering how often my Paladins have killed Aerie in game?the Gods must approve of whacking her?Gives quite a bit of credence to the ?evil Aerie? theorists doesn't it?

#8 Caileena

Caileena
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:03 AM

Aye, that it does.