Photo

Challenge #6:To be or not to be, a pest, that's the question.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 09:21 PM

This time, you can be brutal, as you comment my piece. :Poke: But I hope you can still see a reason, and I have to thank Solar's Harper and Choo Choo for proofreading this.

Challenge #6:To be or not to be, a pest, that's the question.

"Yes, yes, the answer has always been yes. I need another cleric, as a demon just eaten my last one."
Markaan had a really bad day, as he had just lost one of his friends to a Glabrezu, although not realizing yet, he had now lost all hope of gaining a fragile trust from the Temple of Helm, and with it a cleric he needed to use.
"Ou-ouo?!?" The cleric said, as he decided not to get involved. "I think that you better go somewhere else, as we have the policy not to get involved with..."
"After what I have done for you by getting rid of the Cult of the Unseeing Eye, you just..."
"I am sorry, but as we have the policy not to get too much involved with adventurers, I can't just order someone just because you helped us."
At this point Markaan saw that there was no point in arguing and just left the temple, spitting his curses silently.

A few days later Markaan heard of the trouble that Trademeet had, and because druids were involved, he decided that he could use another besides Jaheira. So, he decided to help, himself.

"And I though that I would never use this skill at all, ah but the trick shall be fantastic, if only I wouldn't need to smell like a dirty dog for days after, but then again, I get to have my sweet revenge for that witch." The Imp talked to himself as it planed for a nice surprise for Markaan's friend. "Now the wicked witch shall die."
As the druid grove was near, the Imp hesitate for a while, before commencing his power to change, he didn't want to get surprised, as the druids would feel it, as the change was very unnatural.
The trap was set, and the pray was on it's way, consisting of a dwarf, a girl, the witch, Markaan, a Paladin, and their scout, a man in a green cloak.
The scout sniffed and said, "I smell something, sommm, something different, in the east, the druids are in the north, but we should go to the east."
Markaan said, "Mmn, I think that if there is something unnatural, you should go and find it, but I'll go to the north." The party separated and Markaan went with the dwarf, the girl, and the paladin to the north.

A few minutes later Jaheira was alone with Cernd, they came across a strange wolf, definitely not out from these woods, it was white as snow. Cernd looked at it and said, "What are you doing here?"
Jaheira said, "We don't have time for this, we need to go back!" At which point a flash of lightning struck in the north, the Markaan was clearly in trouble. But Cernd insisted, "But we need to know the reason why...? at which point as Cernd looked back, and Jaheira was already gone a fair bit to the north, and Cernd was alone, and the wolf attacked.

When Jaheira heard what was going on, she rushed back and came to see Cernd in werewolf form and the winter wolf between his teeth, dying. It said, "Urgh, it attacked, I had no other option, I hated to do this, but I had no choice." Then it sniffed again and said to Jaheira, "Do you smell that, something..." Jaheira responded, by looking around and noticing a severed hand, a one that looked exactly like Cernd's hand, at which point the werewolf rushed towards her and pushed her out of balance. After which it bit her neck...

As Markaan came to seek where Jaheira and the other druid went, he mumbled to himself. "Oh, dear god, another dead friend. But then again, I never really liked her anyway. Now where is that dog, oh god damn it, I needed his paws to heal us, where in the hell am I supposed to find healing now?"

Edited by Jarno Mikkola, 07 October 2007 - 11:00 PM.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#2 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:14 PM

:blink: Cernd actually manage to get Jaheira killed? Wow, didn't know he got it in him. I mean, he seems like a pacifists to me most of the time. :D The last part was funny though.

Edited by Celestine, 07 October 2007 - 10:15 PM.

#3 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:41 PM

Ups, I made a bad assumption, ah it should be now corrected. :doh:

#4 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 10:51 PM

Oh, its fine, really. :P I haven't use Cernd that much in my party so he may be different from what I imagined.

I needed his pawns to heal us, where in the hell am I supposed to find healing now?

Think you mean 'paws' here. :D

#5 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

• 10911 posts

Posted 07 October 2007 - 11:03 PM

:rolleyes: Yes. Ah, by the way, it wasn't Cernd. :whistling:

#6 Celestine

Celestine

Elven Maiden

• Modder
  • 4538 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:01 AM

Ah ha. Now, I notice the real culprit. :D

#7 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 03:10 AM

Think you mean 'paws' here. :D

Ooops! :blink: :doh:

How'd I miss that one? Sorry Jarno, sorry Celes.

btw Jarno, the story is interesting, and the imp sure is one troublemaker, there is no arguement there. ^_^ Though I'm more than willing to beat Markaan for his disregard for life and such. Just so you know. :D

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!