Possible Tashia dialogues...(hi Maus)

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:37 PM

As Maus was looking for some possible dialogues...here you go...
Note: There may be some spoilers in this...

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#2 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:38 PM

Possible Dialogue 1 (after Tashia declares her love for you)

As the group travels on, you soon notice that the sound of the group walking has lessened a bit. Turning around, your attention focus on Tashia. For a moment, your breath is taken away as the sunlight streaming down on her hair makes it seem like a river of gold is flowing behind her. That's when you notice that Tashia is momentarily preoccupied, and you hear her utter in a soft tranquil, voice: "Snookums? Pookie? Sweatheart? Darling? Hmm..."

Option 1: "Tashia, get your ass in gear. We don't have time for your idle musings...it puts us all in danger..."

Option 2: "What's that Tashia?"

If option 1, then go to A:
If option 2, then go to B:

A:
Tashia: A look of embarrassment and irritation crosses Tashia's face, and she quickly takes her place with the rest of the party, and she says, "Well, excuse me...the next time I will be sure to ask for your permission...sheesh..."
(End dialogue)

B:
Her jade green eyes open slightly, and her face turns a slight pink of embarrassment, but a grin spreads across her face, "Oh, its nothing really...I was just thinking of what kinda endearment you would like...for some reason, though, I don't think sugarpie would fit you..."

A devilish light dances in her eyes, and her smile softens as she adds, "But what do you think of...darling?"

Option 4: "You can call me whatever you want, just so long as you don't call me late to supper..."

Option 5: You say a bit shyly, "Darling...I think I would like that...love..."

Option 6: "Do we really have time for this?"

If option 4, then go to C:
If option 5, then go to D:
If option 6, then go to E:

C:
Tashia's eyes open wide, and she playfully punches you in the shoulder, giggling as she says, "That was awful, ...That one was old in Myth Drannor..."

Cupping your face in her hands, she gives a passionate kiss, and her eyes seem to twinkle, as she adds, "But its good to see you smile...you should do it more often..."

Tashia walks forward, and then stops as you walk ahead of her. When you turn your head, you see her eyeing your form appreciatively, licking her lips, and says, "Maybe I should just call you honey-buns..."
(End dialogue)

D:
Leaning up to kiss you on the cheek, her fingers interlocking tightly with 's, Tashia says, "Don't worry, it gets easier to say. All you need is practice...darling..."

She giggles as she says, "So, there better not be any slacking off..."
(End dialogue)

E:
Tashia looks at you sadly, and shakes her head as she walks away, "I guess you kinda hand-picked bastard for yourself today, haven't you?"
(End dialogue)

"I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave it up." "You gave up drinking?" "No, I gave up reading..."

#3 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 04:41 PM

Possible Dialogue 2 (After defeating Abazigal in Throne of Bhaal)

As you bed down for camp, you notice that Tashia sits a bit off to the side, her eyes staring at the fire, her bedroll still tucked away. She's been a bit quiet since the defeat of Abazigal, though she hasn't given any indication as to what problem, if any, there is. The only movement happens when she bends down and puts another piece of wood onto the fire.

Option 1: You walk quietly up behind her, lay a reassuring hand on her shoulder, and give her a gentle squeeze on the shoulder, asking, "Tashia...what's wrong?"

Option 2: You decide to go to bed early, letting Tashia work through her problems on her own. You surmise that if she wished for your input, by this point in your relationship, she would let you know

Option 3: Seeing Tashia so engrossed in thought, you decide to be a bit playful, and unscrewing the cap to your canteen, you walk quietly behind Tashia, and dump the entire contents of her head.

If Option 1, then go to A:
If Option 2 , then go to B:
If Option 3, then go to C:

A:
Tashia's hand rises up to give yours a gentle squeeze, and then she slowly turns her head to stare you directly in your face. Between the look of concentration, you see intense worry, and what could be fear as well..

"I was just thinking...about us, I mean...and I have a question to ask you...I was wanting to put it off...but I don't know of any good time that it would wait..." she says, hesitancy overcoming her normally ebullient self.

A few more minutes pass, as she asks, "Have you given a thought to about children...I mean...whether you would like them or not?"

Option 4: "Children? I'll be honest Tashia, I didn't haven't really thought of it before." You pause formulating an answer, and say, "I mean, what with the current worry of the Bhaalspawn, I really haven't had time to think of it.

As you mention Bhaalspawn, you see Tashia's face become pensive, and she starts to speak...

Option 5: "Children? Are you okay Tashia?" You lay a hand on her stomach, and, concern crossing your face, "I...you...I mean...did we..."

Option 6: "Children? Hell no! All they do is tie a person down...they're worse than a dog...at least a dog can fend for themselves..."

If Option 4, then go to D:
If Option 5, then go to E:
If Option 6, then go to F:

B:
As you go lay down, you see that Tashia is still intent on her thinking, and when you awaken in the middle of the night to relieve yourself, you see that she has gone on to bed, but she sleeps fitfully, and occasionally you hear her muttering in her sleep, but the meaning of the words eludes you.
(End Dialogue)

C:
Tashia sputters as she becomes drenched with water, and she rises, murder in her eyes as she turns on you, and she half screams, half shrieks, "What the hell is wrong with you?!?!"

With a speed you would swear could only be brought about by a Haste spell, the palm of her hand smacks hard on your face, echoing through the encampment, and Tashia gathers her things, and walks a good distance away from you.

A chuckle fills the now quiet space, but turning around on your party shows that all of the people are going about their business, taking pains not to look you in the eye. Your face still throbs from the slap, and you wouldn't be surprised if there was a good bruise appearing on your face.

Option 7:
Surprised by Tashia's reaction, you nevertheless know that you have really hurt her feelings, and in a conciliatory gesture you walk toward her and lay your hand on her shoulder, saying, "I'm sorry Tashia...I guess I was just trying to lighten things up...but...I would really like to know what concerns you..."

Option 8:
You head to bed, knowing that sometimes discretion is the better part of valor, and sometimes its best to let someone get over their anger and concerns on their own.

If Option 7, then go to A
If Option 8, then go to G

D:
"That's what has me worried..." Tashia says, "I mean, if we have children...will they be Bhaalspawn too? I would like to think not, but I have a feeling that isn't really the answer, is it. I mean, Abazigal's son was also Bhaalspawn...I get scared just thinking about it..."

Her worry deepens as she says, "I...just shudder thinking about any child of ours...turning into the Slayer, you know?"

Option 9:
Taking Tashia in your arms, you say, "You're right, I don't know the answers either...I would like to think that any children we have would be born without the taint...but how does one fight the taint of a god..."

You then answer, "But...if its possible...I would like to have children someday..."

You give a grin at Tashia as you add, "I think you would make a wonderful mother after all..."

Option 10:
Tashia's worry slowly infects you as you consider the ramifications of her worry, and you respond, "You're right...possibly any child we have would be...normal...but should we risk it?"

Tashia nods at your words, and you say, "Maybe...we should take things a bit more slowly."

Option 11:
"Why worry? If it happens, it happens," you say cheerily, giving Tashia a playful swat on the butt, trying to tease her not to obsess on such small details.

If Option 9, then go to I.
If Option 10, then go to J.
If Option 11, then go to F.

E:
The worried look leaves Tashia's face, and she laughs out loud, and twines her hand into yours, and her smile lights up her fair face.

"No, , we...didn't..." she says, "But you should have seen the look on your face...it was so sweet to see you so worried..."

Her face gets a more serious look again, "No, what I meant was...well, I was just curious as to whether you saw children in our future or not..."

A devilish look crosses her face, as she gives a quick kiss on your lips, and says, "Besides...a girl has to be careful...you don't need to worry about that...there are herbs and some such I'm taking as it is..."

Option 12:
You reply, "I guess I haven't really considered it, but you know, I don't think I would mind having children...if its alright with you...of course, that also means we finish matters one way or the other with the Bhaalspawn..."

Option 13: "No, Tashia...I really haven't considered it. You are right, we probably should talk about it. But can it wait? I mean, if there is no chance of it happening, then, maybe, it can wait until we have more time to talk things through. It's all I can do to concentrate on making sure you are safe, my love, as well as my friends...and fighting my other brothers and sisters...and making sure the inner taint doesn't rise to control again..."

If Option 12, then go to D
If Option 13, then go to H

F:
Tashia's face grows angry at your response, and she says, "I guess that answers that, doesn't it!"

Her lips curl, as she says, "You can sleep alone tonight...and every night...from now on...I should have known that you would grow callous...just like Arilistan..."
(End dialogue, end romance).

G:
You wake up, and see Tashia stirring the remnants of the fire to make sure there aren't any loose embers, and she gives a wan smile at you, and says, "I'm sorry for my reaction last night...you really startled me...but I guess...we better get going...a lot of things to do..."

Any further attempt at finding out what she was contemplating meet with gentle, but firm rebuffs...
(End dialogue)

H:
Tashia nods, though you can tell she is far from pleased with this suggestion, but she there is great warmth in her voice as she says, "You are right, it can wait. I really don't mean to put more pressure on you at this time, it isn't a pressing matter...at this moment...but I insist...we talk about it as soon as we can..."
(End dialogue)

I:
Tashia smile widens, especially at the last comment you made, and she gives a kiss that literally takes your breath away, leading you slightly away from the rest of the party, her worries eased somewhat, "Well...that is for the future...all we have is the now..."

Looking deep in your eyes, she adds, "But, I think you would make a wonderful father yourself..."
(End dialogue)

J:
Tashia tips her head in agreement, but she then interlocks her fingers with yours and gives a kiss that literally takes your breath away, and says, "But don't think this changes how I feel about you..."

Then she gives a grin, adding, "Besides...this will give me some more snuggle time..."
(End dialogue)

#4 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 07:07 PM

Another possible dialogue, but a short one. The intent is to try and help develop the relationship between the main character and Tashia after her declaration...

As you travel along, you can't help but notice the loud stifling yawn. Sparing a moment to glance at who did it, you see Tashia humming to yourself, and when you look at her, she gives a grin as she says, "Well, you are at least a bit more aware...

Then walking up to your side, locking her arms into yours, she states, "Getting a bit boring...would you be interested in another riddle..."

Option 1: "Yeah, trudging along mile after mile does get a bit tedious...but let's make this more interesting...if I answer them correctly...you have to give me a...reward...and if I get them wrong...well, you get a favor from me..."

Option 2: "Tashia, I don't know how you pick these times, but I don't really think we have time for this...we don't know what is going to happen over the next rise, let alone what might teleport in..."

If Option 1, then go to A.
If Option 2, then go to B.

A:
Tashia smiles, and she says, "Then its agreed...if you get it right...you get one favor from me...if you lose...well, I'll think of something..."

She rises and looks at you, as she says,
"If you break me
I do not stop working
If you touch me
I may be snared
If you lose me
Nothing else will matter..."

Tashia looks at you expectantly for an answer...

Option 3: Clock
Option 4: Heart
Option 5: Expectation
Option 6: I don't know...

If Option 3, then go to C.
If Option 4, then go to D.
If Option 5, then go to C.
If Option 6, then go to E.

B:
Tashia gives you a measuring glance, and then says, "You may be right...on the other hand, you might just want to consider that if we don't take a moment to let our hair down, you will burn out rather quickly..."

C:
Tashia smiles, and says, "So close...and yet so far...the answer is Heart..." She yawns, and adds, "Well, since I won...you get to cook supper for us tonight..."

Tashia gives you a kiss on the cheek, and says, "Consider that a consolation prize..."
(End dialogue)

D:
Tashia's smile gets big, and she says, "Well, looks like you got it right...so, what is this favor you want from me..."

You reply, "Close your eyes..."

Tashia does so, a contented look setting on her face as you...

Option 1: Drop your bundle of dirty clothes at her feet.
Option 2: Walk forward, embracing Tashia, and kissing her.

If Option 1, then go to F.
If Option 2, then go to G.

E:
Tashia shakes her head, and says, "You should know better than that...well...since I won, you get my shift on watch tonight..."

She draws taps your forehead, adding, "It will give you plenty of time to think..."
(End dialogue)

F:
Tashia's eyes open at the thud on the ground, and she looks up curiously, and you reply, "Be careful with my...unmentionables...you would swear they were made from rawhide...
(End dialogue)

G:
As you slide your arms around Tashia, leaning in to kiss her, her mouth opens welcomingly at yours, and you notice that the smell of her hair faintly reminds you of apples before you lose yourself in the bliss of her embrace.

Several minutes pass, as Tashia looks triumphantly at you, and she runs her fingers along the length of your chest, and she kisses the back of your palm, "Maybe I should throw the contest the next time..."
(End dialogue)

#5 Mr Ennigma

Mr Ennigma
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 01:05 AM

Well written and very nicely done. Keep it up.
Noble ends are not always reached by noble means...

If knowledge is power, then to be unknown is to be unconquerable.

Fade Dlardrageth Mod; some thievin' and some lovin' all rolled into one...
Discover her here.

#6 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 06:30 AM

Thanks for the kind words.

I also have a question Maus. Is it possible to expand the flirt options...and to include them in the Throne of Bhaal section?

#7 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 12:38 AM

Both should be possible. The question is: does it make sense to flirt in ToB when you are a couple? At least Tashia should not reject the HC, when he flirts. It wouldn't be easy to fix this, but it's possible.

@Bri: I'll read your dialogues later ;) Too much stress at the moment.

#8 Ieldra

Ieldra
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 02:06 AM

I miss the flirt options in TOB, too. Yes, it would make perfect sense. The flirts would have to be slightly different when you're a couple, but from my experience with Kelsey, it very much works if done well, and you have something so say to each other after the end of the regular lovetalks. It makes the romance so much more alive.

I have just entered TOB with Tashia, and if anything comes to mind that I would want to say to her as part of a flirt or otherwise, I'll post it here... May be a few days, though, I'm burned by that impossible Irenicus battle that's part of the Tactics mod.

#9 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 19 May 2003 - 12:32 PM

*nods* There are a few things that could be expanded for a flirt option that would be neat to try out. Maybe not as many as the flirts in the various flirt pack put out, but it would be nice to expand them.

And actually, it makes sense to me to have flirts even after one is a couple. After all, in real life, if someone I loved stopped noticing me for whatever reason, then I would be looking to find out why.

However, I do find it perfectly reasonable for Tashia to reject the main character if he starts to get too serious about flirting too early in their relationship. But that's just me.

If these sample dialogues are fine by your counts, Maus, I can certainly do more. I was also hoping to get some multiple NPC dialogue stuff up as well. Of course, I would like to see what, if anything, Tashia has to say to all the NPCs. My memory may be failing me, but I don't think she says something to every NPC on an individual basis.

I'll state right now that the reason I like the flirt options (and not just in Kelsey), is that it is a way for the main character to initiate a dialogue, rather than wait for the NPC to do so. (And I don't mean this in the sense that one could just use the CLUA Console to speed it up).

As it is, in a relationship, it puts the main character in a subordinate position, waiting for his/her partner to speak to them.

And Maus, take your time. Everyone knows real life should come first...

#10 maus

maus
  • Modder
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 02:30 AM

Hm, lots of non-verbal interaction in the dialogues. That's not typical but we can give it a try.

Should the first one (with the names)be in SoA or in ToB? I would appreciate that this is decided otherwise it had to be in both files which could be source for bugs.

With the flirt option I will deal later.

#11 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 05:52 AM

Sorry about the non-verbal interaction material. Normally when I write, when in my spare it time, it tends to be in a play-by-post online RPG format, and of course straight conversation doesn't work without supporting it with talk of the non-verbal cues like gestures and whatnot.

But I can go ahead and clear up some of the non-verbal interactions. I just finished a massive run through in Shadows of Amn and Thrones of Bhaal to get a better feel for Tashia's dialogue (it helps to maintain some consistency as well as refresh what is there). I will finish some of the other material as well now...

And the first one I put here I think would probably be best in the SoA (the one with the names). What I entail to do is create a series of posts for SOA then, that would have her gradually falling for you...not necessarily consciously, and for the main character as well. One thing the Bioware flirt packs did an excellent job with was the transition of the three main females and their interest in the main character. I would kinda like to transition this in SOA. Heh...what can I say...Tashia's declaration always seemed to come out of the blue to me...

Of course, I also hope to create some posts dealing with the prognosticating lich Tashia becomes in some of the lovetalks responses...

And yeah, dealing with the flirts later is cool...Hmm...and I will probably do a list of the lovetalks and put it up here with what conversation fits where...and then when we craft various conversations we can have a rough idea where to insert them.

#12 Grim Squeaker

Grim Squeaker

Fallen

• 1018 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 03:57 PM

Yeah i think some more flirts would be useful especially in ToB. Thats the thing that the FW Flirt Packs add to the Bioware relationships. It allows you to expand the romance outside of the LTs.

And surely your girl requires some affection from time to time...
"You alone can make my song take flight..."

#13 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 07 June 2003 - 08:08 PM

Heh...and before someone points it out, I know the flirt packs weren't official, but rather the excellent work of JCompton, Ghreyfain and others.

Heh...Bioware would have been lucky to have them working on their team I think....

#14 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:24 AM

I know I said I would put up a list of what dialogues happen in what order, as well as changing the proffered dialogues into mostly straight dialogue, unfortunately I got hit with stuff again.

But anyways, here is another offering.

I envision this happening after you rescue Imoen...(and decide to keep her in your group)

Tashia seems oddly quiet after you've rescued Imoen. In fact, when your back is turned, you definitely get the feeling of being watched, and when you turn your head to glance around, you see Tashia jerk her head to focus her attention on something else.

Option 1: Ignore what Tashia is doing, figuring that whatever may be on her mind, she will let you know.

Option 2: Go up to her, resting a hand on her shoulder and ask her, "Is there something wrong Tashia?"

If Option 1: Then end dialogue.
If Option 2: Then go to A.

A:
Tashia gives a wan smile, as she says, "Oh I'm alright...I was just doing some remembering is all...you're close to her, aren't you? Imoen I mean..."

Option 3: You reply, "Close? Don't make me laugh...she's been a constant pain in the ass ever since we left Candlekeep. I tried to send her back home way back when...but she insisted on following me and look where it got her..."

Option 4: You reply, "Of course we are close...she was always the sister I never had...well, growing up an orphan and all that...don't get me wrong...Gorion was a good man...and all that...well, let's just say that his idea of a good time was to curl up with a good book. Heh, sometimes I wonder how he could stand the two of us, let alone myself just growing up..."

If Option 3: Then go to B.
If Option 4: Then go to C.

B:
Tashia's eyes flash angrily and she says, "Is that all she is to you? Is that the only reason that you have her around?"

Her eyes narrowing, Tashia then asks, "Is that how you see me? As some kind of camp follower who will take an arrow for your when we're ambushed..."

Option 5: You answer Tashia, surprise on your face, "Of course...you know what my quest is...its paramount that Irenicus get stopped, at all costs. As it is, I stand the best chance of taking him down, but even I can get taken out any time...the more people in the party, the greater the individual chances of our survival."

Option 6: Your face breaks into a smirk, and you say, "No, I'm just kidding...if that's all I thought of her, would I have risked life and limb to come rescue her?"

If Option 5, then go to D.
If Option 6, then go to E.

C:
Tashia smiles at your words, hearing the kindness in them, and adds, "Heh, well...I think all parents are like that...my foster parents were exactly the same way...why I remember the day we all climbed to the roof, pretending we could fly...I learned that day I wasn't an Avarial..."

Tashia blushes as she subconsciously rubs her backside, and she says, "Let's just say I think I have a good idea what an ass-kicking feels like..."

Option 7: "Heh...that's pretty good Tashia, yeah, sometimes I wonder how we ever managed to finish childhood myself. Why, I remember, that Phlydia...she was one of the monks at Candlekeep, her birthday was coming up...early spring now that I think of it...I completely forgot about it until Imoen mentioned it...well, I suddenly had a brainstorm...I decided to pick a bunch of wildflowers for her! I found some nice flowers, and bound them together...but I also saw this shrub that had some pretty red leaves..."

Imoen, overhearing, starts to giggle at this, as you continue you to bull through your story, "Anyways, I gathered my things, and hurried over to Phlydia...she liked my gift...well, except for one thing...that bundle with the red leaves? How was I supposed to know that it was poison ivy! And of course, it felt like my whole body was on fire...it didn't help that all of the monks decided to try their pet theories on how to get rid of the itching..."

Imoen's chuckle breakthrough, and she says, "You see...they decided this would be a good lesson for him, and wouldn't take him to see the cleric...though, I have to say, mixing that tomato with garlic wasn't one of the better methods..."

retorts, "Yeah, but you weren't the one who had to sleep outside until the stench wore off..."

Tashia's grin goes wide, and she says, "Heh...well, you know, girls always do like flowers..."

She lays her hand on your shoulder, and then whispers, "If you ever have an itch to scratch...I will...relieve you..."

Tashia stands back and gives you a wink, before retaking her place.
(End dialogue)

Option 8: You shake your head, as you reply, "Well, I never really had too many episodes growing up...truth be known..."

Imoen raises her head, and she then starts to giggle, "Don't believe a word he says...he just was shifting blame elsewhere...although it caught up with him sometime...you ever hear of cow-tipping?"

Tashia looks appraisingly at and says, "No, what is cow tipping?"

Imoen takes a more serious look as she says, "Well, you know that cows sleep standing up? The idea is to sneak up on them and while they're sleeping, hit them with your weight to knock them over...the problem is that the cows can get hurt from this..."

starts to blush, as Imoen points toward him, and says, "Well, laughing boy there slipped on the manure, and just as the cow was slipping, it landed on him...he broke poor Nessie's fall...and his ribs..."

Tashia then asks, "And how did you see all this happen?"

Imoen smiled as she said, "You didn't think I would let him go without some supervision...needless to say, Dreppin came running in at all that ruckus...and after letting the priest see to his hurts, was given extra chores...you mucked stables out for 3 months, didn't you?"

Tashia smiles, though there is also some gentleness that crosses her face, as she says, "Don't worry...I will spare you from all the immediate jokes...I'm sure you heard them all back then...and you certainly don't need them now..."

Her eyes seem shiny, as she finishes with, "But I always liked a man who could laugh at himself..."
(End dialogue)

D:
Tashia's face grows livid, and she growls, "To hell with you! I am not going to be some kind of damn target for an arrogant, insufferable bastard like you..."

Her fury grows, as she continues, "I should have known better...you Bhaalspawn are all the same...you better stay away from me...the next time we cross paths...we are enemies..."
(Tashia leaves the group permanently.)

E:
Tashia shakes her head forlornly, and then says softly, "I didn't find that all that humorous...I like Imoen, and you really shouldn't say a thing like that...not with all she's gone through..."

Tashia steps back, and looks at , as if making a decision about him, and nods to herself.
(End Romance)

#15 Assassin

Assassin

Master of all living and dead!

• 219 posts

Posted 16 June 2003 - 08:58 AM

Good, good.  Seeing as this is pretty much the only dl'able romance for a straight male, I could use the new flirts. :)

#16 Aragornchewi

Aragornchewi
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 03:42 AM

Well well.... those dialogues would fit well in the mod IMO.

Good job, Bri!

Hope it'll be implemented.

#17 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 07:01 AM

You wake up in the wee hours of the day, just before the sun has crested the horizon, allowing its warm rays to caress the earth in anticipation of a new day. You find Tashia curled near her to you, her body allowing yours to shield hers, and she mumbles, "Just a few more minutes...".

Giving a quick glance over the rest of the campsite, you see that the other members of your party are enjoying their own rest from the drudgeries of the previous night, sleeping as it is. Tashia shifts near you again, and she mumbles a little more, "
Option 1: You decide to continue to lie by Tashia's side, wrapping an arm protectively around her side, feeling the chill on her back slowly warming up as you press in close to her. She shivers initially, her breath quickening momentarily, and then her body presses close into yours as a result, and you hear a soft, satisfied sigh escape from her lips.

Option 2: You decide to wake up your beloved with a sweet surprise, and you envelop her body from behind, sliding your left arm along Tashia's matching arm, stroking her skin in soothing circles, while you gently nibble the tip of her fine, angular ear. There is a shift in Tashia's form as she pushes deeper into you, and you hear a small rumble build up in the back of her throat...

If Option 1, then go to A.
If Option 2, then go to B.

A:
Tashia continues to rest easily next to you, but then you feel her body tense as she shifts position, and you find yourself staring into her crystalline jade eyes, a small smile quirking her lips, and she whispers, "Hmm...I could get used to this..."

She leans forward, kissing you gently on your cheek, and then proceeds to sit up, pulling the blanket across her lean shoulders. Grasping your hand in hers, she barely stifles a yawn, and says, "So what now?"

Option 3: You reply, clasping her hand in yours, and mumble something. Tashia looks at you questioningly, and you clear your throat, saying, "Would you mind...watching the sunrise with me?"

Option 4: You sigh, and say, "This is pleasant, but we really should get going...the day won't get shorter just by lazing about..."

If Option 3, then go to C.
If Option 4, then go to D.

B:
A moan escapes from the back of Tashia's throat, and she shifts once more, this time lying on her side. A hand rises up to caress your face, and her face rises to meet yours, caressing your lips with hers. Then softly under her breath, she says, "Oh Arilistan..."

As she says his name, her eyes quickly open, and she falls away from you, her eyes now wide open, her hand falling from your cheek, covering her mouth, as she says, "Oh ...I'm...I didn't mean...I mean...I'm..."

Tashia's face turns bright red, as she turns her head, and you see a tear roll down her cheek, and she doesn't raise her face to look at you.

Option 5: Anger rises deep within you, and your face contorts into a grimace as you say, "Arilistan? Even now...after all we've been through...you still want him, is that it? I shouldn't be surprised, even after I tried to do for you...the minute he showed up...you went rushing off into his arms, not even giving me a never you mind..."

Feeling the fury within yourself, your shouting wakes up the rest of the party, as you say, "Was that it, maybe? You still have feelings for Arilistan, but after he played you false, you decided to...settle...for me?"

Option 6: Sorrow travels through your body, and you sit down, placing your head between your hands, and you quietly ask her, "Tashia...you know I love you...and I understand that you would still have some emotion for Arilistan..."

There is a pause, as you let silence fill the space, refraining from mentioning how quickly she pulled up stakes to traipse off with Arilistan, you ask, "I guess...I want to know...when you said you loved me...were you telling the truth? I mean...you were in a bad state when we helped you...maybe...it was relief you felt...not love..."

If Option 5, then go to E.
If Option 6, then go to F.

C:
Tashia's features soften, but her smile brightens as she says, "Of course I will..." Clasping her hand in yours, she leans in so close to you that your nose is slightly tickled by her hair, though it smells faintly of peach, as well as the leaves of the forest. As her hand holds yours, you feel the faint pulse of her heart through your grasping hands, but as she leans back and lays the back of her head on your shoulder, you feel her pulse quicken, until it matches your own, and it seems as if you both are sharing the same heartbeat, and your very breath synchronize, sharing the same moment as one.

The sun slowly climbs over the distance, and in this instance, and as the rays slowly warm the both of you up, Tashia then slowly stands up, and extends her hand to you, beckoning you to stand up. As you do so, she stands on her tip toes, and her soft lifts press against yours once more, her arms drawing you in close. After a few breathless moments, she parts from you, a gasp escaping her lungs.

Her eyes stare adoringly at you as she says, "I could get used to this..."
(End Dialogue)

D:
A look of disappointment crosses Tashia's face, and when she next speaks, you catch a large amount of anger in her voice, "You woke me up...just to tell me...to get going?"

Her eyes dart across the other resting forms of the party, and she growls, "You might want to make sure that everyone else is up before you wake me up..."

Tashia rises and starts to roll up her bedroll as she grumbles about taking her foot and giving someone a solid kick in the ass the next time they wake her up early...
(End dialogue).

E:
Tashia's eyes flash angrily at your allegations, and she hisses, "Its not like that at all. Damn it, I didn't mean to say that at all...but if you can't believe it, can't believe that it was just a slip of the tongue, maybe you aren't the man I thought you were..."

Tashia's face hardens, "I didn't mean to hurt you...but...you know what he was to me...what he meant to me...I'm sorry...part of that slipped through...

Tashia seems to be on the verge of tears as this last comes tumbling out of her mouth, but she stands resolute, "But if you can't forgive me..."

Option 7: You quell your inner turmoil, and you look Tashia deep in her hesitant jade green eyes, and you tell her with no uncertainty, "Of course I forgive you...I love you...I just needed to be certain..."

Kiss her hand as you feel your concern for her rise over any anger at the incident that just happened...

Option 8: You shake your head, your wound still raw from her inadvertent betrayal, and say, "I would never have done that to you Tashia. Its obvious to me that you aren't ready for another relationship..."

Glancing at her, you continue, "Maybe the next time you say you 'love' someone, you might wish to make sure that is the case..."

If Option 7, then go to F.
If Option 8, then go to G.

F:
Tashia's eyes go shiny for a moment, as she walks forward, taking your hands in hers, and she gives a soft kiss on your lips, as she says, ", I wouldn't play with your feelings that way..."

Her eyes go downcast for just a second, and then she looks back into your face, softness and caring suffusing countenance, "I'm sorry this happened...but you are the only one for me...if I had any doubts as to your true feelings about me...they were quelled when you resurrected me..."

She smiles tenderly, leaning into your hand, as she says, "It is still new to me, so...forgive me if I stumble a bit...but I know what I feel...and that is that I love you..."
(End dialogue)

G:
Tashia's face contorts with fury, and she says, "You...bastard...you think that I was just lying about my emotions?"

The anger then just drains from her, as she says, "If you can't even forgive me one mistake...then its probably just as well we split up..."

She looks at you sadly, then turns around to pack away her bedroll, ignoring any further entreaties to speak.
(End Romance)

#18 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 07:03 AM

This one to occur after the Cernd rescue of his child.

Tashia: "Cernd, you seem a bit preoccupied this morning...well, more so than normal...you find an interesting new flower?"

Cernd: "Oh, good morning fair elf! No, nothing that sublime...no I was just thinking about Ahsdale...he's a fine child, you know...takes after his mother that way. No, I was just wondering if I truly did the right thing. I know the matter is as resolved as it is going to get, but I find that my mind keeps going over what happened...ah, to be one of the animals...where your concern is only over the present...no obsessing of the past...nor worries about the future..."

Tashia: "Cernd..."

Cernd: "Yes, Tashia?"

Tashia: "For what its worth...I don't think you did any wrong..."

Cernd: "Oh?"

Tashia: "Look, I realize we won't know all the particulars...but its a bit much to assume that you abandoned your wife, at least to me..."

Cernd: "Thanks for the kind words Tashia, but most everyone..."

Tashia: "Cernd, be quiet for the moment. Anyways, however it happened, you separated from your wife. Its not like you left her destitute...you left her the house and everything else...who knows why she hooked up with that Deril anyways, but the truth of the matter is she did. However, even in the zest of Igarol and Fennecia in all the others, they never did say why she was with him. Maybe she did fall in love...if that is a case, its a shame she did...but that is not your fault..."

Cernd: "What you say has merit..."

Tashia: "What did I say about letting me finish? Anyways, as I was saying, though its a shame she was hurt by him, that was not your fault. To be honest, if you are guilty of anything, its something most druids would be guilty of..."

Cernd: "Guilty? What are we guilty of?"

Tashia: "Connection, Cernd. Most druids seem to become so focused on their forests and wild spaces, they forget the people in their lives..."

Cernd: "Hmm?"

Tashia: "To use one of your nature homilies...the druids have become so concerned for the forest, they seem to have forgotten the trees...okay, bad example, but you understand what I mean. Even when you left your wife, Galvana, you said you were on good terms..."

Cernd: "Certainly, or I thought so, but the business of the grove..."

Tashia: "See, that's what I mean. If you didn't become so enraptured with your business, if you had kept in a modicum of contact with her, then you would have been aware of what was going on..."

Cernd: "You could be right Tashia..."

Tashia: "In this case, I know I'm right...look at Trademeet. The druids kept themselves at a distance, and that naturally aroused the suspicion of the people in town. Then, when the Shadow Druids took control, and started the assaults, everyone never for a moment asked what was wrong with the druids...well, except for Lord Coprith...they were more than willing to just assume the worst...and of course, those few druids who disagreed with Faldorn...they didn't have anywhere to go to for help...look at you...you were imprisoned as soon as you set foot in Trademeet..."

Cernd: "Hmm...you may be right about this Tashia...I didn't think of it that way, but you certainly make a good point...it is all to easy to overlook humanity when attending to nature's demands...I will have to give this some further thought..."

Tashia: "Take your time Cernd, there is no immediate rush..."

#19 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 17 June 2003 - 08:38 AM

A possible Keldorn/Tashia interaction

Tashia: "Sir Keldorn, may I have a moment of your time?"

Keldorn: "Certainly Lady Tashia, what bothers you?"

Tashia: *giggles* "Lady Tashia? Please, just call me Tashia..."

Keldorn: "As you will milady. You asked for a moment of my time. Is there something the matter...Tashia?"

Tashia: "Oh, there is nothing the matter...I am just curious as to what mysteries that craggy face holds..."

Keldorn: "Craggy?!?" *Keldorn tries to give Tashia a stern look, but when he sees the smile on her lips, he grants her a smile in return* "Very well, young lady...what may this old paladin do for you?"

Tashia: "I was just curious...how you met your wife. I mean, I thought it was a given that paladins were celibate..."

Keldorn: "Ah yes...you are right, of course, that most paladins do tend to be single by choice. If one wishes to grow old...one should definitely look for a more peaceful occupation..." *Keldorn runs his hand through his black and gray hair, plucking out a few strands and looking at them* "I guess I would be more the exception and not the rule...but that wasn't your question, was it?"

Tashia: "No, it wasn't..."

Keldorn: "Well...I was still a squire you see...this was long before I took my vows and became a paladin...its not like I woke up one morning and said, 'I am going to serve Torm as his paladin...'. It was a given I would be a knight, of course. I was my father's third son...unexpected really, my two older brothers were 10 years older than me...well, unlike 'the heir and the spare', as it were, I was given the freedom to choose my own path...as much as my social class permitted. Well, I was squired to one of my father's friends, serving him body and soul as was my duty...little did I realize that he was a member of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart..."

Tashia: "I think I see where this is going..."

Keldorn: "Indeed, Tashia. You see, Sir Barak was a bit of a freelance knight. He chafed at being ordered to much...Well, we came to the aid of a this caravan that was under attack by orcs. With our appearance from behind, we easily routed the orcs, and then we went to see how the rest of the caravan was...I saw this young woman, amidst the blood and gore, attending to the wounded...horses screaming...men crying...my master was attending to the wounded, helping those he could, granting final mercy to those who couldn't...I went up to the woman, resting my hand on her shoulder..."

Tashia: "She turned around, and you lost yourself in her eyes, falling instantly in love?"

Keldorn: *chuckles* "Oh, she turned around alright...and I heard the sound of steel on steel, only to find a knife buried deep into my armor...and of course...she hit my gut...I'm fortunate that it didn't pierce any deeper, but it did gouge out a small bit of flesh..."

Tashia: "Lady Maria...stabbed you?!?"

Keldorn: "Indeed...after all, she didn't know who I was...she didn't even know the battle was over...anyways, by that time, the worst of the wounded were attended too, but Sir Barak was spent...and my wound could keep, so we escorted the survivors to their nearest destination...where Maria's father was lord..."

Tashia: "Okay, so you're future intended has given you a gut wound...what happened next?"

Keldorn: "The rest is a bit anticlimactic...even after arriving there, there were many others so wounded, as well as recurring incursions from the orcs...I...forgot about my wound...at least until it was infected..."

Tashia: "Are you telling me that you allowed your wound to fester? That seems a bit..."

Keldorn: "Absent minded? Stupid? Certainly...as I said, I thought it was just a minor scratch...of course, I didn't think that it would get worse...probably thought I was immortal as well, being young and all...well, we finally located the orcs' main raiding camp, but there was one last encampment, so I led a group of soldiers to the secondary encampment...and Barak led the main one...so that one couldn't reinforce the other. Well, Maria came with us, to make sure that the orcs were entirely rooted out...that end of things went off with no problem...but as we were returning...I fell ill with a fever...heh...she nursed me until we got back to the castle, though I know I was a bit delirious until they got me to a cleric...but throughout that whole mess, I can distinctly remember Maria staying by my side..."

#20 Bri

Bri
  • Modder
  • 1734 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 07:08 PM

Possibly entering an inn with the intent of rest...

Korgan: *pushing his way to the front of the group, he heads to the bar* "Move your candy ass out of my way long ears, or else you will find my ax buried up to the hilt..."

Tashia: *standing her ground* "Oh, and why is that, you gnarled dirt-grubber?"

Korgan: *grumbles* "The answer is very simple, tree hugger...if I have to spend another minute with your yammering without a protective layer of ale to fortify me, I shall start swinging my ax..."

Tashia: "Or I could just assist you by planting your ax in your pointy head...

Korgan: *his hands start to clench, and then loosen as he moves around her* "You better count your blessings bat-ears that I am more thirsty for alcohol than blood at this moment..."

Tashia: *as Korgan sits down and proceeds to down several steins of ale, she comes up to his side* "Barkeep...two for me..."

Korgan: "And just what do you think you're doing?"

Tashia: *lifting a mug to her face* "I'm just taking my refreshment here...got a problem with that?"

Korgan: "Whatever...just don't stink up the bar with your flowers..." *Korgan sees how much Tashia is putting away as time passes* "You're not doing to badly there for a la-dee-da flower kisser..."

Tashia: "Well, I have to have a way to keep the bile from rising into my mouth due to present company..."

Korgan: *chuckles* "At least you got spirit, I will grant you that..."

Tashia: *smiles* "Don't try to sweet talk me...tell you what Korgan...up for a friendly wager?"

Korgan: "And what's that?"

Tashia: "I got 100 gold pieces that says...I can drink you under the table..."

Korgan: *casting an eye at her* "Are you serious? If you are...then put your money where your mouth is..."

Tashia places her coins on the bar, and Korgan matches it, and both start to drink. An hour passes, but by this point, their 'friendly' wager was forgotten, and in fact, they started to sing, Korgan in a guttural bass, and Tashia in a high soprano,

"Do your balls hang low?
Do they wobble to and fro?
Can you tie them in a knot?
Can you tie them in a bow?
Can you throw them over your shoulder
Like a continental soldier?
Do your balls hang low?

Ting-a-ling, here's a lesson
That you best not be forgettin'
If you can't get it up for a lovin' session,
Tarragon and gingsing,
Will fortify your dink,
Do your balls hang low?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they make a lusty clamor
When you hit them with a hammer?
Do your balls hang low?

Ting-a-ling, all you women
If you want some sexy sinnin'
Use your cotton sheets
Not your satin linen,
Cause you will get a lumpy head
From slipping off the bed,
Do your balls hang low?

Do your balls hang low?
Do they have a hollow sound
When you drag them on the ground?
Do your balls hang low?

Ting-a-ling, its hot
And a beer would hit the spot
To be followed with a triple whiskey shot
But if you want to stick with beer
Hold your licker by the ears
Do your balls hang low?..."

Then, very late the next morning, Tashia wakes up in her room.

Tashia: "Ooh...by the goddess...it feels like I got run over by a herd of cattle...did anyone get the number of that donkey cart?"

Tashia then realizes she is holding something, and she shrieks, "Okay...now where did I get this horned helmet? And where are the rest of my clothes..."

An aside: Yes, the song is a popular one I heard at an SCA gathering...