Photo

The Triblivion screenshot contest

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 05:30 PM

I was just thinking (always dangerous for me) again and I hit upon a neat idea. We have the normal pictures/comments threads and plenty of themed thread but beyond that and the occasional other thread we have little else around here for diversity. With that in mind I did a little hunting around the other sections of this forum and realized in the months we have been here we have never had a contest thread so thats where this thread comes in :)

I quickly realized though a simple picture of the week thread wouldn't work so well as there are far to many types of screenshots that it would be almost impossible to choose between them all. Well I thought of two possible counters for this and decided to use them both :) Idea 1: Make it so the picture of the week had to follow a certain theme (i.e. action shots, scenic shots, group shots, character shots, the list goes on) Idea 2: Make there be multiple contests so the whole thing wasn't entirely about a single picture.

With all that in mind here is what a came up with:

Contest 1: The themed screenshot contest

Starting Thursday each week each person will be allowed to submit a single screenshot that goes with the chosen theme of the week (it will be posted Thursday morning). The picture must be a new one that you haven't posted before. If later in the week you take another shot you think is better and still follows the theme then just edit out the old one and add the new one in. The winning picture will be picked Thursday morning and announced at the same time as the new theme. And lastly it must follow all the normal rules for pictures on this forum.

Contest 2: The screenshot caption contest

Each week on Thursday morning I will post a screenshot of a random, pose, location, or scene and you have to simply PM me the caption you think goes best with it, be it funny, serious, dramatic, morbid...whatever. You can always send me another if you think it's better but keep in mind your previous one will be ignored then. oh and if you post the caption in this thread they won't count :) This is so I can keep track of them a little better and not overlook any. The winning caption will be posted Thursday morning along with the 2 runners up at the same time I post a new picture.

Contest 3: The "What the heck mod is that?" contest

The simplest contest (at least in my opinion), each week I will post a picture that features something added by a mod and you must PM me the name of the mod and a download link to it. Again this is so I don't miss any. In the case of several people getting it right I person who sent me the correct answer will win. As before do NOT post you answer in this thread. The picture and the winner from the previous week with again be announced Thursday morning.

With that all cleared up now Here is this weeks pictures and themes:

Contest 1: The themed screenshot contest
Theme: Your characters home

Contest 2: The screenshot caption contest
The picture to caption:
Posted Image

Contest 3: The "What the heck mod is that?" contest
The picture of the mod:
Posted Image

Alright thats it for now, just a reminder, for contest 1 post your picture in this thread. For contest 2 and 3, PM me your caption or the mods name.

Any questions? :)
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#2 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 02:11 PM

Posted Image

#3 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Yes I know it's after Thursday, the lack of interest combined with my bad memory made me forget about this thread completely until I was reminded by Chiglet a little while ago. (Thank you) Due to the before mentioned lack of interest I don't think I will continue with this, best let it die and try to think of something else.

However it wouldn't really be fair to ignore what has already been done by several people.

Contest 1 Winner: Rogue Sun, For the amazing picture of his Elven home.

Contest 2 Winner: cyborgakadjmoose with the quote: "Aww, did you turn yourself into a baby toll again?"

Contest 3 Winner: Kadaj X, who correctly identified the mod as Boqwater Settlement (Link)
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#4 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 08:13 AM

Contest 2 Winner: cyborgakadjmoose with the quote: "Aww, did you turn yourself into a baby toll again?"

Whohoo! :cheers:

Gah...if only I had some new screens to post...
CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image