Comments about PoOC #23

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
211 replies to this topic

#1 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 03:04 PM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Click Here for a List of Popular Animation Mods
Note: For the broken TESsource links, replace 'TESsource.net' with 'TESnexus.com' for the new links.

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be:
How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1
A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #23 here

Edited by Ryu Doppler, 03 November 2007 - 03:21 PM.

A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#2 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 05:44 PM

Well I said with the start of a new thread I would start commenting again and so guess what? I actually am :) Not in the same style as before, I am once again trying to think of something easy to do, looks great, has plenty of content, is a good size and most important of all, is unique. As you can tell thats kinda a tall order, give a me a day or two :)

Posted Image

Comments: That almost looks like a wedding dress :) or is it? :unsure: (darn these gender changing characters) ;) Either way they look like they are having a good time showing it off :)

Posted Image

Comments: :blink: :blink: That sky looks amazing, almost like you took it out of a photo and edited it into your oblivion picture. Also wonderful looking armor, did you make that one?

Oh and just for the heck of it: It is believed that Shakespeare was 46 around the time that the King James Version of the Bible was written. In Psalms 46, the 46th word from the first word is shake and the 46th word from the last word is spear.

Edited by Karandras, 03 November 2007 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#3 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 08:31 PM

repost (sorry)

Hey all, I need some help big time. I've finally got Oblivion back up and running, with what mods I'm keeping installed. Yay. Problem is,with my old custom races. I can play them as long as I don't try to change their race. Each time I go into showracemenu, or attempt to alter the race at the sewer gate, I get a CTD. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this, or what I can do, please please let me know.:) and thanks in advance.

ps - I've opted to not use OBMM as it wasn't doing what it was supposedly supposed to do and was only ticking me off after fighting with it for over an hour.

#4 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 09:06 PM

repost (sorry)

Hey all, I need some help big time. I've finally got Oblivion back up and running, with what mods I'm keeping installed. Yay. Problem is,with my old custom races. I can play them as long as I don't try to change their race. Each time I go into showracemenu, or attempt to alter the race at the sewer gate, I get a CTD. If anyone has any ideas as to what might be causing this, or what I can do, please please let me know.:) and thanks in advance.

ps - I've opted to not use OBMM as it wasn't doing what it was supposedly supposed to do and was only ticking me off after fighting with it for over an hour.

Hmm I think I have heard of this problem before, try this mod and see if that helps
Posted Image

#5 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 04:19 AM

Posted Image

Comments: That almost looks like a wedding dress :) or is it? :unsure: (darn these gender changing characters) ;) Either way they look like they are having a good time showing it off :)

No comment about the dress :lol: :lol: It looks like a wedding dress to me as well :ph34r: But if he likes it, than it's ok with me :lol:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#6 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

I had that problem. Seems like certain .esps I made would cause the crash, or the lack thereof. I had to re-install mods even though they were previously installed and the .esps remained. Plus I think a system restore helped, but I would advise doing a system restore before messing with anything.

#7 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 08:56 PM

Posted Image

Comments: Chrome is in season this time of year :) (Next thing you know we will be eating a chrome turkey later this month :rolleyes: ) Great retexture, are you making all of these?

Posted Image

Comments: Oh great, another paradox...is that a picture of a snow ninja or Snow as a ninja, I bet I am going to be wondering about this all night

Posted Image

Comments: Your on a roll today :) Though I don't think I have ever seen gold chrome before...is that what it's called or is there some other name?

Posted Image

Comments: Hmm I would have to say the new version looks better but only because the armor matches his eyes. Other than that they look almost the same.

Posted Image

Comments: Those poor guards, lucky for them she is only 110 pounds, can you picture it if she was an Orc or Nord? :) (Then again, if she was an orc or a nord she wouldn't be so amazingly cute :) )

Posted Image

Comments: Wow, those are some really really nice combat shots. Perfect lighting and plenty of detail :cheers:

Yikes thats a lot of banners :)
Posted Image

#8 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 04 November 2007 - 11:35 PM

Posted Image

Comments: :blink: :blink: That sky looks amazing, almost like you took it out of a photo and edited it into your oblivion picture. Also wonderful looking armor, did you make that one?

Thanks. I'm not entirely sure what I did to get the sky, but I had just waited for a few hours and after it came out of the menu that was the result. It was so nice I couldn't resist a screen. The armor is a modified mesh of Exnem's Warrior cuirass that Chingari at the EC forums did for me. I merely textured it. I'm planning on doing a few more textures and then hopefully releasing it next week.

#9 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:46 AM

Posted Image

Comments: Chrome is in season this time of year :) (Next thing you know we will be eating a chrome turkey later this month :rolleyes: ) Great retexture, are you making all of these?

Posted Image

Comments: Your on a roll today :) Though I don't think I have ever seen gold chrome before...is that what it's called or is there some other name?

Or sleep in a chrome bed :lol: :lol: I was just playing with nifescope with a friend :P
Yes this is gold chrome :D (sounds strange, but can't thing of better name :lol:)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#10 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:46 AM

Posted Image
Comments: Wow, those are some really really nice combat shots. Perfect lighting and plenty of detail :cheers:

Yikes thats a lot of banners :)

Thank you, reinstalling has gave me some nice lighting and decent fps. :)
This shot was abit too red from Kaizrad's light spell so I adjusted the colour with cyan and got a normal light effect.

Well you did ask for them. :P

#11 Yorkmaster

Yorkmaster
  • 251 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:01 AM

Seeing that there are not many posts (yet) I thought I could do some commenting on all of them, who knows I might keep it up and join Karandras and Chiglet in commenting on everyone and generally making my opinions known :)

Kadaj X: Great shots, did you retexture them yourself?, if so any chance of release for the rest of us? or is it another plunder job from way to many different mods :D ?

Rogue sun: What skin textures did you use for those lovely ladies :wub: , not necessarily the tattooed texture but the base? The ranger shots are great, as always

Spike4072: I might have misunderstood the whole concept of Ninja :ph34r: but whats so ninja about Snow in these shots? The crane is Karate? but I don't get the Ninja reference (she looks lovely as ever though)

Chiglet: Looks better indeed, I wonder, do you use self shadows because I always have problems :angry: with those (on my Geforce 8600)
I wonder can't you just load an old savegame so that you won't have to remake all of your characters, you might miss some items but if you've got the same mods for bodies and faces installed you should be able to play on with an old character, I did that with my Khajiit and it works.

Radicus: Bo' seems to be doing alright despite being rained upon all the time:) , I always enjoy watching your screens of Bo' she is indeed as karandras said amazingly cute :)

Darziak: The Kahjiit tail does do some weird things every now and then I know:P , but that didn't seem to help those poor Goblins :)

RGM2: Didn't that marauder (I assume) get tired of trying to kill you?

LadyBlue: Great looking Paladins(?) setting out to do some righteous butt-kicking I presume?

I think that's all of them for now. It didn't take as long as I thought it would but then I don't insert banners etc. maybe I can think of an intersting concept in the next few days and see what rolls out.

@ Karandras About those banners I seem to remember that you asked for them yourself so its entirely own your fault :P :P :P :P :bi:
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogroves,
and the mome raths outgrabe

Lewis Carrol "Jabberwocky"
Posted Image

#12 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:12 AM

Well you did ask for them. :P

Seeing that there are not many posts (yet) I thought I could do some commenting on all of them, who knows I might keep it up and join Karandras and Chiglet in commenting on everyone and generally making my opinions known :)

@ Karandras About those banners I seem to remember that you asked for them yourself so its entirely own your fault :P :P :P :P :bi:

Yes yes I know I asked for them :) It's just rare all the people with pictures have one made up :)

Oh and welcome Yorkmaster to the wonderful world of large comment posts :)

RGM2

Comments: Yea that orc really needs to find a new profession, either that or increase their blade skill a bit :)

Posted Image

Comments: Ah so the chrome bug has bitten you to I see :) And you have gotten a squire as well :)
Posted Image

#13 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 08:22 AM

Kadaj X: Great shots, did you retexture them yourself?, if so any chance of release for the rest of us? or is it another plunder job from way to many different mods :D ?

Thank U :D Those are not my meshes/textures, I can't release sth that isn't mine :)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#14 Rogue Sun

Rogue Sun
  • 262 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 09:46 AM

Rogue sun: What skin textures did you use for those lovely ladies :wub: , not necessarily the tattooed texture but the base? The ranger shots are great, as always

I used this texture. It doesn't have any tattoos on it and it looks great. The only downside is that it is only for mystic elves, however all you need to do is move the files to the proper race folder and rename them. If you want better results you'll also have to do a color match. I use Lineage II elves mostly, so I opened the face texture file and adjusted the color balance so it closely matched the face tones. Its a bit of work, but the result is well worth it. :)

#15 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:01 AM

Spike4072: I might have misunderstood the whole concept of Ninja :ph34r: but whats so ninja about Snow in these shots? The crane is Karate? but I don't get the Ninja reference (she looks lovely as ever though)

Lol yeah I know the Crane kick is wrong but was the first non weapon fighting pose I came to. :lol:

Whats ninja about her is her outfit. Not a traditional ninja outfit but a more animeish one. Kind of like Kasumi from DoA. :)

#16 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:26 PM

@Kadaj X: Well...thats definitely one way to be an angel! :) The black and red seducers are nice too. The chrome bed was priceless too. I actually thought it was metallic silver satin for a moment too! (Probably could be, if one played along with the idea).

@Rogue Sun: A beautiful picture of Fuetra and Enya. Very beautiful indeed. :blush: And Enya certainly knows how to stand against the coming night! Stunning as she is deadly. Glenn wouldn't want to get on HER badside! :lol:

@Spike4072: A Snow ninja or Ninja named Snow...hmmm. In any case, she looks a bit lonely. Or contemplative or something.

@Chiglet: The remade Ashakantis looks good. Though the textures look a bit less detailed, but I assume that's just from only using generic vanilla Oblivion textures. Or something.

@Radicus: Nice pictures of Bo. Besides looking as cute as ever, she too looks like she is getting a bit lonely. Good thing there are guards around to pester. :D Poor guards.

@Darziak: Ah, S'vizurr! It's good to see another who ventures into the breech! And has some battles with those annoying Goblin bandits like I do! Keep it up man!

Now that I think of it...I actually made an Argonian character along time ago too! Black and Green. :P

@RGM2: Smooth, limber, innocent looking but dangerous. I like it! Though that Orc doesn't seem to share the same thoughts!

@Lady Blue: So shiny! Those chrome armors definitely impress. Just as much as your characters. It definitely looks really great on Erika (still searching for Glenn? Or is she taking a break now! :lol: ) And I bet JazzJR will be happy to see that templar!

What eye textures do you use? Mr. Dave's Beer Goggles? I recently switched to them myself, though I have done a few tweaks to them and will do some more. Plus finding that face texture included was a definite plus to my own face texture efforts. ^_^

@DFSL: I didn't know that laying the in street was all the rage these days! Well I knew bandits liked to do it, but there usually dead when it happens. :devil: I always enjoyed your character's unique hair streaks. Really makes her stand out. Good work!
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#17 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:19 AM

Posted Image
Comments: Hmm I would have to say the new version looks better but only because the armor matches his eyes. Other than that they look almost the same.

Thanks :) I was trying to get him as close as possible to the original, and am glad to see I've succeeded.

Chiglet: Looks better indeed, I wonder, do you use self shadows because I always have problems :angry: with those (on my Geforce 8600)
I wonder can't you just load an old savegame so that you won't have to remake all of your characters, you might miss some items but if you've got the same mods for bodies and faces installed you should be able to play on with an old character, I did that with my Khajiit and it works.

Thank you :) I'm not sure about the self-shadows. Is there a way to check? Quite a few of my characters were/are custom races I had done in the CS, so I may well have to re-make many of them. A bother, but not too devastating for the newer characters. :)

@Chiglet: The remade Ashakantis looks good. Though the textures look a bit less detailed, but I assume that's just from only using generic vanilla Oblivion textures. Or something.

Thanks :) The only textures I use right now are Slof's Dremora textures, and Cosmetic Compilation. I haven't bothered with anything really detailed as my vision really isn't all that good and I can't tell the differences in many people's shots when they change texture details.

Ok, I need help again. I tried to get my oldest and most favorite character, Aubret, back up and running, and each save--game I've tried, I'm getting a corrupt file message. This is rather a bit upsetting as Aubret has been with me since day one of Oblivion's release, and losing her is not something I would enjoy.

#18 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:20 AM

Well thats a new one, I completely forgot to do comments, normally it's just I'm to tired for I get to doing something else, strange....

Posted Image

Comments: Well when you said chrome bed I can't say I was expecting to see it :) Oh and is it just me or is he wearing progressively less and less as this thread goes on? ;)

DFSL

Comments: Very nice, where is that skirt from? I have never seen that before....I don't think, with my memory the way it is I could have seen it yesterday and not remember :rolleyes:

Posted Image

Comments: Roast wolf...I wonder how thats going to taste, and does it go well with the drink? :) (Judging from your last picture I would have to say no....)

DFSL

Comments: It sure is nice seeing them getting along :) (Yes I am referring to the mods as much as the girls :) )

Posted Image

Comments: Hold cow...what are your graphics settings at? As for that last one what sort of thing has happened to me before as well, I think it has something to so with the screen refreshing as you take the picture. (Although if you added an equal sized black box to the bottom you could get a nice little effect :) )
Posted Image

#19 Darziak

Darziak

Neutral

• 681 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:50 AM

@Darziak: Ah, S'vizurr! It's good to see another who ventures into the breech! And has some battles with those annoying Goblin bandits like I do! Keep it up man!

Now that I think of it...I actually made an Argonian character along time ago too! Black and Green. :P

Huzzah! though it's not story but just random. :P
...or green and black ;)

Posted Image

Comments: Hold cow...what are your graphics settings at? As for that last one what sort of thing has happened to me before as well, I think it has something to so with the screen refreshing as you take the picture. (Although if you added an equal sized black box to the bottom you could get a nice little effect :) )

It's set to ultra high setting and I raised the grass view to halfway and I'm using unique landscapes, I'm still getting a good looking game with very little lag. So it would seem I took it at a bad time but your idea looks as though it might look better.

#20 DFSL

DFSL

Post Stalker

• 182 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:49 AM

Thanks Karandras and Ryu Doppler. That character and his hat always makes me think about some legend of the english woods.