Photo

Any interest left for more alternative portraits?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#101 wonnimchunha

wonnimchunha
  • 56 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 09:04 PM

Imoen is done!
I cant wait to finish these... its become quite the drag.... I'm getting bored :P
Sorry for the turtle pace folks, I've only got Safana Xan and Yoshimo to go so it will (hopefully) be completed soon

#102 Kaeloree

Kaeloree

Head Molder

• Administrator
  • 9198 posts

Posted 13 August 2008 - 10:26 PM

Well, you know where to find me when you've finished them all. ;)

Imoen looks great--her left eye (our left) is a bit off-centre, though. That's the only fault I can find. :D This is the portrait I will be using, I think!!

#103 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:39 PM

Imoen is done!

Yes, this is my favourite so far I think. Really captures her.

I cant wait to finish these... its become quite the drag.... I'm getting bored :P

Well you can't quit now if you're so close to finishing! :D

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#104 Epantiras

Epantiras

Proudly Chaotic Neutral

• 810 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 11:07 AM

Imoen's portrait is my fave so far, she really looks like the cheerful girl from BG1, not the 'phantom' Imoen in BG2 ;-)

oO My DA Gallery Oo
oO My Artcorner on SHS Oo
oO "Ask the Betrayer" parody comic Oo
oO My other parody comics on SHS Oo

Oh, and Epantiras, you're simply Epantirastic.

(and no, I'M not egocentric!)

I Hate Elminster! (proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#105 Sammi Somara

Sammi Somara

Loses her superpowers when exposed to chicken fat.

• 657 posts

Posted 15 August 2008 - 01:37 PM

Ooo I like them all, especially Haer'Dalis, and your totally awesome unfinished sketch of Yoshimo.

...I think you messed up Cernd's face shape a bit though.

And like everyone else, I can't wait to see how you draw Xan.

Edited by Sammi Somara, 15 August 2008 - 01:38 PM.

Err...Are paladins even allowed to say 'ass'?
-Cernd

I hate Elminster!
(Proud Member of the We Hate Elminster Club)

The Maesters of Yevon: Putting the Spira back into 'conspiracy'.

Four Ways To Describe Sigil: The Cage, The Center of the Multiverse, The City of Doors, Doughnut on a Stick.

#106 wonnimchunha

wonnimchunha
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 09:29 PM

Uploaded sketch of Xan!
I think I've covered all the NPCs that I wanted to alter...

I'm so glad you guys like Imoen, I think I really learned a lot from drawing these things... when I compare my first one, which was Edwin, with Imoen, I see such a huge difference... (maybe I'll retouch some of my older ones after I'm finished with all of them)

Edited by wonnimchunha, 28 August 2008 - 09:35 PM.

#107 Jazhara7

Jazhara7
  • 715 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 12:15 AM

Uploaded sketch of Xan!
I think I've covered all the NPCs that I wanted to alter...

I'm so glad you guys like Imoen, I think I really learned a lot from drawing these things... when I compare my first one, which was Edwin, with Imoen, I see such a huge difference... (maybe I'll retouch some of my older ones after I'm finished with all of them)

Oh, I simply love how your Xan looks. You got his looks down perfectly, and I can see him thinking "We're all doomed". ^_^

- :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey, are you hungry?

I Hate Elminster!
(proud member of the We Hate Elminster club)

#108 Aliya

Aliya

Pink-Eyed Menace!

• 1619 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:38 AM

Good scetch! You must redo, the old ones, I think...

#109 Orthodoxia

Orthodoxia
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 02:00 AM

Imoen looks fantastic, her expression really becomes her. Xan's sketch too looks great and you are correct, you can see gradual improvement with each of your portraits.

Will you be doing other NPCs as well, or are these the only one?
Dear gamer! You cannot summon Spirits of Rage when fighting bosses. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please send all complaints to Undead Control Administration, Bosses Combat Department, and apply for revision of the Endoria combat regulations. - King?s Bounty, the Legend
Posted Image

#110 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 06:40 AM

Haer'dalis....looks yummy :Tasty: I love this pic so much. I could never stand the other one for the game. I wish he was romanceable now...(modders I'm looking at you!!"

:cheers: <-- Is link. It does appear to be inactive though...

Very nice portraits.
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#111 Deva

Deva

Possum of the Grotto

• Modder
  • 1378 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:20 AM

I think your old portraits are just as good as the later ones, but then, I'm no artist. :D

I'd rather see some more portraits than re-works of the old ones.

Ninde_ad.gif

143450.png176206.png

Click to feed.

Adopted from Valenth

My adoptables > Your adoptables.

#112 Giuseppe

Giuseppe
  • 115 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:17 PM

Well done, I say!

Just one thing.

The first time I have seen Branwen potrait it was more light - I saved it in my images because I really liked it. To be honest, I prefer that.

#113 Galsic

Galsic

Nominal Member

• 384 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 11:29 PM

Since you seem to have done a bit more work since I last posted, let me say that, all in all, so far so good!

I find it a little odd that Haer'dalis' jaw seems to protrude forward beyond human convention, but I'm willing to accept that as a none-too-uncommon tiefling trait ^_^ .

Xan is lookin' great, too, although the broader facial features you gave him don't quite fit with my image of a pessimistic spellslinger. No matter, can't wait to see him colored!
(I like parentheses.)

#114 Shae

Shae
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 September 2008 - 04:43 AM

Aerie and Haer'dalis are stunning, the expressions are great. Anomen, Coran and Imoen are really nice too. They all look good really, the only thing I can pick out is that Cernd seems to have quite a tall forehead. And the sketches look equally as promising. If you are thinking of doing any more I'd love to see a Kivan not hiding under his hood.
I scribble and I chirp, wait no. I mean tweet (infrequently). And sometimes I tumble about as well.

#115 -Tersis van Gingers-

-Tersis van Gingers-

Posted 04 October 2008 - 12:28 AM

Wow, these portraits of yours look great! I can't wait to see Xan done ^_^ but would you also do Solaufein perhaps? Pretty please :D ?