• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:13 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for changes to the two attached bams. They are the two parts of the Hand of Dace you use in Spellhold.

What I'm looking for is for the hand to be removed so that it looks more like just a stump of an arm.

So essentially make a bam (description and inventory) that looks like it is of the end of someones arm, except their hand has been cut off. Change the colour to flesh tone too if possible.

I thought it'd be easier to use Hand of Dace as a base because the stump is already there, just remove the hand and extend the arm lines back.

I'd do this myself but I'm away from home for a few months and don't have any graphics programs on my work laptop.

For an NPC in production.

Any help appreciated. No rush.

Thanks,

Rabain

Attached File  bkruariC.BAM   8.87K   168 downloads
Attached File  bkruariI.BAM   2.61K   174 downloads
A knight without armour in a savage land...

#2 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:21 PM

...there's a lot of "flesh" tones to pick from, y'know. <_<

Uh, anyway, so something along these lines?

theycallmestumpy.png

I have no idea how to "end" the... non-stump end of the arm in the bigger icon. The smaller ones can just disappear out of frame, but... argh. It looks pretty strange with just a clean "oops, it ends here" line, but this ^^^ certainly isn't optimal either... fading to black would also look odd, plus I don't think anything else looks even remotely like that. So basically what I'm trying to say is: ideas kplzthx?

Attached Files

#3 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:41 PM

So basically what I'm trying to say is: ideas kplzthx?

Hmm. Yeah, that's kind of a toughie. But you might not need the large inventory icon, or it might not matter if it's a fixed item (can't be moved from whatever slot it's in). After all, how are you going to remove an arm stump unless you sever it again?

I did something similar for another mod, but I think it was an easter egg, and couldn't post it if I wanted to since I don't have a game machine ATM, so I'll just PM you again.

(BTW, nicer work on the shading. Though I tend to go even darker around the edges... maybe make some of the veins stand out so there's no question it's a severed limb and not, say, the stub of an Athkatlan cigar... :whistling:)

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#4 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:18 PM

...eep. I'm afraid more veins might make it look even more like a certain other, roughly cigar-shaped object than it already does... <_<

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 09:23 PM

...eep. I'm afraid more veins might make it look even more like a certain other, roughly cigar-shaped object than it already does... <_<

:crying:

Edit: And a severed one at that... John Bobbitt anyone? :ph34r:

Edited by Miloch, 14 November 2007 - 09:24 PM.

Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:29 AM

Thanks thats great. Yeah its for an unmovable object to go in the offhand shield slot. I guess you could just fade it out or put a sleeve of some non-descript colour on it...brown..grey...whatever you think is best.

Thats why I was giving the hand of Dace as an example...it's that kind of angle that allows more idea of just fading back...but now your item is giving me visions of TNO using his arm as a weapon in PST! What is it they say..."I'll rip your arm off and beat you to death with the wet end!"... :)

Thanks for the great job too!

#7 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:32 PM

Edit: And a severed one at that... John Bobbitt anyone? :ph34r:

Snip! :naughty:

Hmm, I believe I have found a fitting punishment for Saemon. Now I just have to make a mini-mod. The bams are almost finished... :twisted:

Thanks thats great. Yeah its for an unmovable object to go in the offhand shield slot. I guess you could just fade it out or put a sleeve of some non-descript colour on it...brown..grey...whatever you think is best.

Well, if it's unmovable, nobody is going to see the bigger version anyway, so we can just leave it the way it is. If you want a sleeve or something on the smaller one, though, it's easy enough to do.

stumps.png

(Also, come to think of it, would you rather have the stump pointing *away* from the character? Right now, it would point "in".)

leftarm.png

Thats why I was giving the hand of Dace as an example...it's that kind of angle that allows more idea of just fading back...but now your item is giving me visions of TNO using his arm as a weapon in PST! What is it they say..."I'll rip your arm off and beat you to death with the wet end!"... :)

It's almost worse with TNO. "I'll rip MY arm off and beat you with it! And then I'm going to attach it again!" Now that's a scary threat.

PS:T was fun.

#8 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:14 PM

In or out doesn't matter really whichever you prefer...though when it comes to belly-buttons I prefer innys (inneys?...you get the idea...outeys are gross).

#9 vilkacis

vilkacis

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 06:18 PM

Then I'll call this the final version.

stumpsFINAL.png

I'm leaving the others up, so just go ahead and pick whichever works best for you.

Attached Files

#10 Rabain

Rabain

God

• 653 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 09:55 PM

Great work, thanks!

#11 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 07:18 AM

It looks a lot more realistic with the sleeve and without the need for the large (movable) icon. Of course now, so would a custom paperdoll without the hand... :D