24 replies to this topic

#21 Salk

Salk
  • Modder
  • 1411 posts

Donator

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:58 AM

Miloch,

IIRC in my BGT game I had two scrolls of Magic Missile, two scrolls of Minor Drain and one potion of healing.

I played with no Megamods installed. Just BGT and other mods.

#22 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:36 AM

Just BGT and other mods.

Which "other mods?" My first suspicion was that BGT's internal fixpack also made this fix (hence the duplication) but I found no documentation for that either.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#23 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:00 PM

I am 1000% sure (yes, 1000) that Bags of the Sword Coast does not touch Gorion.

IIRC in my BGT game I had two scrolls of Magic Missile, two scrolls of Minor Drain and one potion of healing.

I played with no Megamods installed. Just BGT and other mods.

Could this be due to unclean uninstallation? Is the BG2:SoA installed from scratch? Or were mods previously installed and then uninstalled on it?

Our best bet of checking this properly is for someone to extract GORION.CRE from the BG2 creature.bif (not from BGTCRE.bif), and post it here.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#24 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:47 PM

Our best bet of checking this properly is for someone to extract GORION.CRE from the BG2 creature.bif (not from BGTCRE.bif), and post it here.

Not sure why looking at the unmodded .cre in the .bif would help. We know Gorion has 2 scrolls and a potion on his .cre file in the unmodded game - they're just not assigned to his inventory so they're purged on load normally.

I took a good look at the BG2 Fixpack and it gives him at least 1 of each scroll and the potion. Around line #8386 in the v4 .tp2 there's the potn08 reference. Lines 8420 and 8424 give him scrl77 and scrl84. The same lines recur at #8490, 8540 and 8543. Now I'm not sure how this'd cause duplication (and especially of just scrolls and not the potion), since it patches the resources only for null references. It seems to happen only on some installs and not others - maybe it's BGT specific. But it could also be another mod making the same fix in a different way perhaps. The definitive answer to that perhaps would be to have those experiencing the problem search for *.tp2 in their game directory subfolders and then look for gorion.cre to see if another mod is causing it.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#25 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:06 PM

Not sure why looking at the unmodded .cre in the .bif would help. We know Gorion has 2 scrolls and a potion on his .cre file in the unmodded game - they're just not assigned to his inventory so they're purged on load normally.

Yep, OK, scrap that. The fact that this discussion is being spread over two forums at different websites isn't helping me to understand this.

I think I'll avoid this problem altogether by not using the BG2 resource. I can say this for all BG2 CREs that aren't actually used by BG2 but are used in BG1. This won't discount various other BG2 CREs used by both BG2 and BGT for similar purposes (I think this includes animals and summoned animal, mostly).

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)