• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 06:13 PM

Based on the idea left off by Winter's Favorite Quotes thread in the BG2 section here.

Basically any quotes/banters filled with memorable quotes, that you favor most, and let it go on from there. I know I'm guilty of posting more than one, and I'm sure many others have done the same as well. :)

Regardless, I couldn't see a thread for Planescape Torment around for this purpose, so here it is - have fun everyone. :)

And "Don't trust the skull". <_<

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

CA Forum.  Bugs to be squashed, feedback to be welcomed!

Website at: http://classicadventuresmod.com/
~***~***~***~

When in doubt, lockpick a mudcrab!

Beware the nug conspiracy!

#2 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:15 PM

"Endure. In enduring, grow strong."

"Ignus wishes to burn!"

There's a lot more, but they're too long for me to try and recall them now.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#3 Kellen

Kellen

Earn a person's heart, and they'll die a thousand deaths

• 7092 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 07:45 PM

Nordom - Attention, Morte. I have a question: do you have a destiny... a purpose?
Morte - Is Annah still wearing clothes?
Nordom - Affirmatory.
Morte - Then, the answer is yes.

(Never played the game, but Morte reminds me a bit of Bob, from the Dresden files. And er, well that one almost had me rolling. Wish to get it though.)
"She could resist temptation. Really she could. Sometimes. At least when it wasn't tempting." - Calli Slythistle
"She was a fire, and I had no doubt that she had already done her share of burning." - Lord Firael Algathrin
"Most assume that all the followers of Lathander are great morning people. They're very wrong." - Tanek of Cloakwood

we are all adults playing a fantasy together, - cmorgan

#4 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 08:37 PM

Morte: "Psst. Hey Nordom. Calculate the easiest way for me to 'snuggle with Annah's pillows,' okay?"
Nordom: "Annah! Morte wants to 'snuggle with your pillows.'"
Morte: "Shut up! Shut up!!"
Annah: "Oh, I'll give yeh somethin' to snuggle up to! Eejit!"

(I'm pretty sure most of you can figure out what the underlining statement was. ;) )

Classic Adventures - a Total Conversion compilation dedicated to bringing many of the old and new PnP modules into the wonderfully dangerous world that is Baldur's Gate II.   Fancy link button to Downloads page.

~***~***~***~

#5 Choo Choo

Choo Choo

AIR CONDITIONER GRILL

• Modder
  • 3001 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:24 PM

Annah, upon seeing the Nameless One: Ach! I've never seen somethin' so ugly, I've not!

Morte: So, Grace... you uh, have any sisters?
Fall-From-Grace: Thousands.
Morte: Give me a moment to be delirious with joy.

And the first of my signature quotes. The irony of the floating skull considering the others weird..

Edited by Choo Choo, 19 November 2007 - 09:26 PM.

theacefes: You have to be realistic as well, you can't just be Swedish!

#6 Tempest

Tempest

Cue Ominous Music

• Modder
  • 6572 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:34 PM

The Nameless One: If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I?ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me.

"The righteous need not cower before the drumbeat of human progress. Though the song of yesterday fades into the challenge of tomorrow, God still watches and judges us. Evil lurks in the datalinks as it lurked in the streets of yesterday, but it was never the streets that were evil." - Sister Miriam Godwinson, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

#7 Solar's Harper

Solar's Harper

Under Star & Sky.

• Modder
  • 2758 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 06:54 PM

"What can change the nature of a man?"

(Trademark question <_< )

"Get yer mitts off, ye dirty wee rat!"
"Mitts off, ye lecherous filth."

(Both of those are Annah's responses to an attempt to take her vest armor ;) )

"I can't find any Deaders... maybe I could gut a Dustie." (Another Annah pre-joining comment)

~***~***~***~

#8 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:42 AM

(On arriving at Clerk's Ward)

Annah: Old Ward. Also known as Wanker City.

#9 Eleima

Eleima

Geek Goddess

• Modder
  • 1861 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:22 AM

Nordom - Attention, Morte. I have a question: do you have a destiny... a purpose?
Nordom - Affirmatory.

This is also one of my favorites, it's so funny! :lol:

(Never played the game, but Morte reminds me a bit of Bob, from the Dresden files. And er, well that one almost had me rolling. Wish to get it though.)

I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of Morte, and every time I play PS:T, every time I hear Morte's voicing, I can't help but hear Anomen somewhere in there, a rogue Anomen... :wub: (Rob Paulsen did the voicing for both Anomen and Morte for those of you who didn't know, jic :) ).

Check out my DeviantArt account, as well as my scribbling on FanFiction.net
RPGBadgeLarge.png

sig.gif

#10 Cal Jones

Cal Jones
  • Modder
  • 1168 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:20 AM

Nordom - Affirmatory.

This is also one of my favorites, it's so funny! :lol:

I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of Morte, and every time I play PS:T, every time I hear Morte's voicing, I can't help but hear Anomen somewhere in there, a rogue Anomen... :wub: (Rob Paulsen did the voicing for both Anomen and Morte for those of you who didn't know, jic :) ).

That's so true. You play through these games often enough and you start to recognise the actors, no matter what accents they adopt. I was replaying Fallout a few weeks ago and started talking to to Morphius in the Cathedral and I was all, "whoa, that's David Warner!"
Jim Cummings is pretty distinctive as well.

#11 Alatariel

Alatariel

Inquisitor!

• 479 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:31 AM

Well, I have never heard the English files in game, so I don't recognize anyone XD However some of the Polish ones are pure brilliance, so I have no regrets (Polish Jan soooo beats the English one!). As for PT - for now, one of my favourite quotes is still in my signature. Who recognizes whose line is it? :>
'NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition! Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency! Our *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless efficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope.... Our *four*...no... *Amongst* our weapons.... Amongst our weaponry...are such elements as fear, surpr-... I'll come in again.

NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!... Amongst our weaponry are such diverse elements as: fear, surprise, ruthless efficiency, an almost fanatical devotion to the Pope, and nice red uniforms - Oh damn!'

#12 Abigail

Abigail
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:12 PM

Well, I have never heard the English files in game, so I don't recognize anyone XD However some of the Polish ones are pure brilliance, so I have no regrets (Polish Jan soooo beats the English one!). As for PT - for now, one of my favourite quotes is still in my signature. Who recognizes whose line is it? :>

I've played English PT once, but I prefer Polish version, especially the voice acting (Morte! :D)
As for your quote... huh... I don't know, sounds like something Morte would say. Or Fall-From-Grace, maybe? :blink:

Nordom: A query, Annah: is your tail's purpose to indicate your current level of hostility?
Annah: [angrily] What kind of stupid question is that you pikin' sod box?
Nordom: My analysis is correct. Danger! Danger!

BTW, how come I had heard almost none of those funny dialogues, even though I played the game many times? :(
my deviantart account ---> http://prozakc-blues.deviantart.com

#13 smeagolheart

smeagolheart
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 01:23 PM

"What can change the nature of a man?" means a lot to me as Solar's Harper mentioned also, you don't expect that deep basic question from video games.

Edited by smeagolheart, 02 May 2008 - 01:23 PM.

#14 Discordia

Discordia
  • 324 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 03:29 PM

Grace:
What are you?"
Morte: "Me? I'm the head of Vecna."

and another similar conversation...

Morte "It's a long story involving the head of Vecna. I don't want to talk about it."
Grace (amused) "That was you?

this is of course only funny if you know what the head of vecna is...maybe if you know what the eye and hand of vecna are and as how to use them you have to cut off your hand/pluck out your eye you ll figure out how this could be a fun way for a DM to play a trick on his party...or for morte to play a trick on some unsuspecting adventurers...

#15 -SchizoWombat-

-SchizoWombat-

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:05 AM

Have to say this one right here:

A sense of great loss hangs over this elderly woman like a dark cloak. As you watch her, a long, sad sigh escapes her lips.
"Greetings..." you say.
She looks up at your face, cloudy eyes squinting and straining to see you clearly. "Forgive me, young cutter, but I'm an old woman and don't see so well...do I know ye?"
You respond, "Perhaps, but I don't know you."
She mulls your answer over for a moment, nodding. "What was it ye wanted, then?"
"I had some questions..."
"Questions?" Her expression curdles. "Oh, no...ye're an 'adventurer,' aren't ye? Name, job, and all that rot, eh? Well I won't have it! Off with ye!"
"No, I'm not...not really, at least..."
"Bar that!" The woman jabs her finger at you. "I've watched the Dustmen put the name o' me husband, damn his soul, me son and both me daughters on their Memorial, 'adventurers' all o' them! Why, I swung quite a sword *meself* in the day, so's I knows one when I meets one!" The old woman seems to be working herself into a fit; her face has become flushed and flecks of spittle fly from her lips as she howls at you.
"I'll bet ye've got all *sorts* o' barmy questions!" She mimics your heroic stance: "Greetin's, I have some questions...can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle o' Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do you know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?" She spits. "Dung, all o' it! Only gets ye in the Dead-Book! I ought ta kick ye in the shins fer even pesterin' a poor ol' woman about it all! Now go away an' leaves me in peace!"

classic...

#16 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:39 AM

There are many great quotes there but then again, everyone has read them. But the restored conversation between TNO, Morte, Annah and Ingressīteeth is made of pure win :-)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#17 Philiposophy

Philiposophy
  • 155 posts

Posted 28 October 2009 - 10:19 AM

"If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I?ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me."
- The Nameless One

"I AM THAT WHICH WALKS WITH ALL LIFE. MY VOICE IS A DEATH RATTLE, A LAST BREATH IN THE THROAT, THE WHISPER OF A DYING MAN."
- The Transcendent One

"I WAS BUILDING THIS FORTRESS THROUGH FORCE OF WILL WHILE YOU WERE DYING IN BARFIGHTS AND CONTRACTING DISEASES IN SIGIL'S BROTHELS."
- The Transcendent One

"I think, therefore I am. I think"
- Nordom

There's so many great ones.

#18 -ignus burns-

-ignus burns-

Posted 28 October 2009 - 06:15 PM

Nameless one: "I couldn't carry anymore so I had to drop it."

#19 -Kuj2-

-Kuj2-

Posted 18 May 2011 - 12:05 PM

Nameless One: 'Updated my journal'.

#20 peripatetes

peripatetes
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:07 PM

I've really really enjoyed a lot of the writing in PS:T but the only one which had me splitting my sides was this:

Modron cube - This small metal toy is a replica of a cube-like creature with huge eyes on one of its faces. The toy has two legs, two arms, two folding wings, and at least eighteen points of articulation. Maybe it's a collector's item.
Nameless One - Move the arms and make sword-fighting noises.
Modron cube - The toy *clicks* and *whirrs* as you move its clockwork joints. Within moments, the tiny cube has vanquished every imaginary opponent you have sent against it, and settled back to its normal position.
Nameless One - Wave its arms and make cheering noises.
Modron cube - Hordes of imaginary creatures from across the planes cheer the cube's victory. You can almost see a tiny oily tear brimming on one of its eyes... it is a hero, the greatest cube ever to roam the Planes, and everyone loves it. In your mind, Fall-From-Grace and Annah hug it and shower it with kisses.
Nameless One - Sigh, put the cube away for future battles against the multiverse.
Morte - Morte stares at you and shakes his head.
Nameless One - "What's that, cube hero? 'Morte's a stupid skull'? Why, yes he is, isn't he, cube hero?"
Morte - "Hey! It didn't say that!"
Nameless One - "Yes it did! It said it just now!"
Morte - "Wh-- ?! Gimme that thing!"
Nameless One - "No, it's mine. He only wants to hang out with me anyway. Don't you, cube hero? Yes, you do!"
Morte - "I. Just. Want. To. Hold. It. For. A. Second."
Nameless One - "But you don't have any hands."
Morte - "I'll hold it in my TEETH."
Nameless One - "No, I think I'll just put it away for now."
Morte - "I'm gonna smash that modron cube to bits."
Nameless One - "Did you hear anything, cube hero? Neither did I!"

Sizeable hit to your lawfulness rating, but OH SO WORTH IT. If you're looking for just a short quote, the part I put in italics will do.