• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Eric P.

Eric P.

Journeyman Modder

• 1178 posts

Donator

Posted 24 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

Finally got an issue with my latest round of mod testing. Surprise, surprise, it came after installing Chloe...

From a new, clean install of BGII - SoA/ToB with latest ToB patch and BG2 Fixpack installed, I installed and tested one mod at a time: some NPCs, a few kits (with Divine Remix being the last of the kit mods), then Kivan, Yasraena, and Chloe.

All testing has gone well up to and including Yasraena, so I installed Chloe and ran a new test game. Here are the unusual things that happened:

1. Three djinnis (?) appeared, in succession, at the corner in the corridor beyond the library room in Irenicus' dungeon, each giving the dialog about having something that belongs to the protagonist. Party able to proceed after talking to all three.

2. Chloe, and the other beings who appear with her when her mod is first invoked, appear at the open doorway into the Air plane! When any party member talks to her, she has nothing to say to them.

3. Chloe's mod still begins properly just inside the Air plane, and she joins the group. Upon exiting the Air plane back into Irenicus' dungeon, I get the Chloe death scene. She appears grayed out in my party. The Chloe who appeared outside the entrance to the Air plane still stands there, and doesn't talk to the party. If the party kills her, they can pick up her secondary sword (but the scimitar has vanished), but of course it's usable only by Chloe.

I'll see if reinstalling Chloe will fix this. I installed the Flaming Sword animation files, but didn't notice if they worked or not. I have screenshots of all these odd things, in case anyone would like to see them.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

- E

Working and playing on a Mac Pro 6,1 running Mac OS X 10.13.6 High Sierra, and a Mac Pro 3,1 running Mac OS X 10.11.6 El Capitan.

~Buion na 'ell! I serve with joy! Your eyes and ears I shall be. Let us hunt together!~
- Erysseril Gwaethorien: a joinable, romanceable NPC mod for BGII - SoA/ToB, in sporadic development.

A female elf warrior of nature and a Bhaalspawn cross paths during their quests, joining forces to share adventure and companionship. Will they find more?