Comments about PoOC #24

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

#1 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:51 AM

Both Screenshooting Guides from Shadow' and Divine Avenger, along with Other Useful Tips and Tricks with contributions from Floydian1, trollf, Badmagic, Gadar, Spike, and an ever-growing list of others, have been moved to a separate thread:

Click Here for Screenshooting Guides and Other Useful Tips and Tricks

Click Here for Generating Faces in Oblivion: A Compilation of Guides, Tips and Tricks from the Community

Click Here for a List of Popular Animation Mods
Note: For the broken TESsource links, replace 'TESsource.net' with 'TESnexus.com' for the new links.

Please Read the Rules and Guidelines Before Posting (in "addition" to all the ones Spellhold Studios already require)

Winner of the most frequently given tip to new screenshooters, and deserving to be mentioned in the op:
To get rid of the HUD (Menu), use the console command "~", then "TM" to Toggle Menu Off/On. :)

And the runner up may be:
How to add a caption and get rid of ImageShack Ads/the Golden Frog, etc. Also, may be applicable for ridding other sites' ads.
One more: A short summary post of how to do an action screenshot.

New as of SHS Thread #1
A new feature, to the POOC Thread, is the attachment function for posting. Images up to 512kb can be attached in your post =)

Pictures of Oblivion Characters - Screenie Thread #24 here
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#2 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:10 AM

Spike4072:Wow?Snow looks pissed! Is that a new animation?
CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image

#3 jaxson

jaxson
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

AlexanderWolf: I like the outfit :)

Soul Slayer This pic made me laugh http://i238.photobuc...09-11-04-37.jpg

DFSL: I like that armor in your first pic, never saw that before

Chimera: The eyes look too close together, could be the hood making them look that way. I know what you mean, you just cant always capture the "look" in the eyes

highpressure: Good pics, I like the shading that makes her look tan :whistling:
NORDS RULE! Posted Image

#4 Spike4072

Spike4072
  • 612 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

Spike4072:Wow?Snow looks pissed! Is that a new animation?

Nope it is one of the old ones that came with the game :D people forget about those with all the fancy new ones. I forgot the name right now I will edit it in later.

#5 DFSL

DFSL

Post Stalker

• 182 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

Thanks, jaxson I've been using custom stuff made fro bits borrowed from here and there. Nice shots, by the way, looks like the bandits at Vilverin didn't have a chance. Very nice pictures, Alexander Wolf, cyborgakadjmoose, highpressure and Soul Slayer.

#6 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 08:49 PM

Alright...lets see if I remember how to do a comment post....

First things first: Happy Birthday to everyone who I missed

Next up: A quick thank you to everyone who has commented on pictures, I know it takes awhile but it is very much appreciated.

Next: um okay..I don't have a next...

And lastly: In Italy, it is illegal to make coffins out of anything except nutshells or wood

Okay so now lastly: Laws are like sausages. It's better not to see them being made.

I mean it this time: A young apprentice optometrist recently got careless and got his hand caught in the lens grinder. He wasn't seriously hurt, but he certainly made a spectacle of himself.

(okay so maybe I have built up a stockpile of stuff like that since my last comment post :whistling: )

Now, on with the comments!

Alexander Wolf

Post #2: Very neat outfit. Something looks wrong with her sides though, is that shadows of some kind?

Soul_Slayer

Post #3: First...oh wait never mind, I used that joke just a few lines up. I never did mention this before, Welcome back :) I get a feeling that doing a strip search wouldn't take long at all :whistling:

DFSL

Post #4: That has got to be the most colorful battle I have yet seen :) Also in case you didn't know its really easy to convert a PNG image to a JPG. Just open up paint (or any program that can open a picture file) and use the "save as" option. Then all you have to do is select JPG from the list. It only takes a few seconds :)

Post #11: Once again I think I'm looking at the wrong thing but that is an awesome shield. Did you make it?

cyborgakadjmoose

Post #5
: *grumble* repost *lots more grumbling followed by even more grumbling* Anyway ( :whistling:) She looks very beautiful, she also looks kinda evil :)

Chimera

Post #6: Another great face. Maybe it's just me but somehow the eyes look a bit too big, might be the shadows around the eyes though :unsure:

Posted Image

Post #7: I see one of my favorite characters is alive and well, Trevaia looks as great as ever :)

jaxson

Post #8: Hitting people when they're down? Thats not very nice :o However since they were a bandit they deserved it :cheers: Very nice looking weapon

Posted Image

Post #9: Woah...that's a lot of goblins....let the fun begin :)

Posted Image

Post #10: You seem to have a never ending supply of new outfits :) Almost every time you post it's something new...you have very good connections :)
Posted Image
Thank you Sinharvest for the signature

#7 DFSL

DFSL

Post Stalker

• 182 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 10:00 PM

Thanks, Mr. Moderator. I would like to post JPGs more often but the compression really destroys the pictures, even worse if you do it with Paint which should be the worst option. Doing JPGs with no compression doesn't solve the problem for me because the files have the same lengh that of PNGs. I have already tried with several programs and the result is the same. The only solution as far I know is to buy a videocard able to manage high resolutions and textures, like other celebrated members.

#8 Kadaj X

Kadaj X
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:43 AM

Posted Image

Post #10: You seem to have a never ending supply of new outfits :) Almost every time you post it's something new...you have very good connections :)

It's just that I like to have something new :lol: and good friends ;)
Thx 4 comment, nice to see you around :cheers:

Posted ImagePosted Image

Made by Sinharvest ;)

#9 Ryu Doppler

Ryu Doppler

That guy with the felt hat...

• 523 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:46 AM

Thanks, Mr. Moderator. I would like to post JPGs more often but the compression really destroys the pictures, even worse if you do it with Paint which should be the worst option. Doing JPGs with no compression doesn't solve the problem for me because the files have the same lengh that of PNGs. I have already tried with several programs and the result is the same. The only solution as far I know is to buy a videocard able to manage high resolutions and textures, like other celebrated members.

Using Gimp, producing a adequate JPG image shouldn't be too hard. And with the right settings, produce little noticeable artefacts, while being a good bit smaller in file size. The JPG picture should look fine too, granted that one doesn't keep reopening and saving it.

If I was informed correctly, PNG compression occurs once and is preserved with future saves. While JPG compression occurs with each opening and save. So once a PNG is saved, the picture shouldn't degrade with future saves, while a JPG will degrade with continued re-saving.

Course, since most JPG pictures posted are usually made to be used once and not for continuous editing in image programs this shouldn't really be a problem. If one was going to do such I would imagine they would have the raw image on hand, or even a saved PNG backup. I for example have backed up every raw BMP image of my screenshots for such a case that I may do so. The base screen folder is 2 Gigabytes, while my Finished Screens folder full of JPG images is barely 100 megabytes.
A moderate amount of evil is nature to all.
If one is to control their nature, then they
must accept both the light and the dark.

Doppler's Armory - I'll do something...eventually...

#10 trollf

trollf
  • 132 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:30 AM

Also in case you didn't know its really easy to convert a PNG image to a JPG. Just open up paint (or any program that can open a picture file) and use the "save as" option. Then all you have to do is select JPG from the list. It only takes a few seconds :)

No! All but paint!

Paint is the worst option if you want to convert something to jpg. It uses some weird and completely not accurate compression algorithm which should be forgotten by everyone ;]

I use IrfanView myself and there's no any difference between compressed jpg at 90% of quality and original bmp image.

Edited by trollf, 28 November 2007 - 08:31 AM.

I am an operator of my pocket calculator.
TES4 HQ pictures | TES4 STUFF: Silent Stones Camp, Actors In Madness, Forecaster's Will, Farmers Strike Back! Paintings Galore! Canvas Galore! Actors In Charge, Unnatural Aura, Hunter's Performance Review and more - in OBLIVIONARIUM

#11 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 08:56 AM

No! All but paint!

Paint is the worst option if you want to convert something to jpg. It uses some weird and completely not accurate compression algorithm which should be forgotten by everyone ;]

I use IrfanView myself and there's no any difference between compressed jpg at 90% of quality and original bmp image.

Alright alright I get the point ;) I picked paint almost completely at random, it was the first program that came to mind when I wrote that. (Note to self, keep picture conversion ideas to self... :whistling: )

Edited by Karandras, 28 November 2007 - 08:57 AM.

Posted Image

#12 cyborgakadjmoose

cyborgakadjmoose
  • 253 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 01:54 PM

Very nice pictures, Alexander Wolf, cyborgakadjmoose, highpressure and Soul Slayer.

Thanks!

*grumble* repost *lots more grumbling followed by even more grumbling* Anyway ( :whistling:) She looks very beautiful, she also looks kinda evil :)

Thanks Karandras! Yes, she is a rather ruthless individual. :devil: Now if I can only get her and my other characters into one game as companions.... :wacko:
CYBORGAKADJMOOSE (Cyborg also known as DJMoose)

"I don't recall using teleportation, yet there I was....alone...naked."

My Deviantart

My Myspace

Cool place for character names: www.behindthename.com

Posted Image

#13 DFSL

DFSL

Post Stalker

• 182 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:13 PM

I forgot to add: I'm using Magical Shields v1.6, it's a very good mod that replaces the appareance of unique shields. In the shots near the unicorn statue I used the Spirit of Doom blade.

#14 Karandras

Karandras
  • 796 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 09:11 AM

Figures, second day back and I miss the post. :doh:

Only in America: Are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

Things to ponder: Why is it that doctors call what they do "practice"?

Comments
(I think I'm just going to do page two for now, my apologies to everyone who posted on page one and didn't get a comment)

Posted Image

Post #21: Amazing shots, Bo continues to impress :)

Soul_Slayer

Post #22
: Time to get out the boats, it looks like the water is rising :)

Post #24: Very nice, I like how you can just barely make out the sun behind the tree

Posted Image

Post #23: That almost doesn't look like oblivion :) Great pose as well

Post #29: As if to prove my comment before the first thing I thought of when I saw this shot was a beach in World of Warcraft :)

Jaxson

Post #25: Very nice wall-jumping :) As for church attire...never mind, I wont say it ;)

Posted Image

Post #26: Great pictures, the lighting in all of them was superb :cheers: (Hope you don't mind, I added a little nudity warning to your post)

Posted Image

Post #27: Great job with those lanterns :cheers: Sometimes it seems common items (such as lanterns) are often ignored by modders.

Chimera

Post #28: Well I noticed a few things in your first picture I was going to suggest but then I scrolled down and you had fixed them all :) (though in the last picture he looks like he has a bit to much hair, I know thats not a facegen thing) These faces are getting more and more detailed with each one you do, I think a round of applause is in order, :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Posted Image

#15 jaxson

jaxson
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:19 AM

Thanks for the comments Karandras..
8)
NORDS RULE! Posted Image

#16 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:20 AM

Thanks so much!
Lucy Liu is next!
http://i117.photobuc...LuciLiuHead.jpg

Edited by Chimera, 29 November 2007 - 12:45 PM.

#17 Soul_Slayer

Soul_Slayer
  • Modder
  • 981 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:00 PM

Thanks for the kind words gang. :cheers:

#18 DFSL

DFSL

Post Stalker

• 182 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:57 PM

Very nice shots, Radicus, Soul Slayer and Flucidity.

#19 Chiglet

Chiglet
  • 405 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 12:41 AM

Everybody is blue today!!

@ Alexander Wolf - Definitely a cool outfit.

@ Soul Slayer - "Tweet tweet?"
This is rather strange.

@ DFSL - Red Sonja's got mothing on her! If the figure doesn't distract 'em, the outfit will.
Zatanna comes to Oblivion. :)

@ cyborgakadjmoose - Your girl doesn't look like she'll be taking any guff from anyone or thing. :)

@ Chimera - The eyes do look close together, but I think it may be due to the eyebrows. (along with the hood). :) If there were just a tad more space between the brows over the nose, that might give the effect of the eyes being the correct distance apart.
Great video! Love the effect that flaming mace has on people too

@ Yorkmaster - Goblins can be rather untidy
That was a fast respawn. Or are you useing a mod for the area?

@ KadajX - Ginger Tom :) Meow! Love those pants too
Romance at sundown

@ Ryu Doppler - Yet never a hair out of place :)

@ Radicus - Bo' getting a peaceful moment?

@ Flucidity - Little difficult to hide a file or keys in that outfit :lol:

@ Spike4072 - That looks like one surprised Kajiit

#20 Chimera

Chimera
  • 449 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:58 AM

Thanks for pointing that out Chiglet. I may know a way to separate the eyebrows a bit more and straighten them as I did with Crowe.