Chaarna Question *Early game SPOILERS*

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 -Shmotz-

-Shmotz-

Posted 28 November 2007 - 02:23 PM

After I allow her to accompany the Silver Princess' ghost off back to the village, where am I supposed to find her? Was she taken away by the slavers and thus will be found as I progress through the story, or am I missing something? Oh, and is there supposed to be no journal entries for the Silver Princess quest or did I run into a glitch?

#2 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

I like women treacherous and manipulative.

• 594 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 03:53 PM

Yes, she's supposed to leave and you don't see her again until you get to the slaver's fortress, much later in the game.
"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

VIII of Swords - my general, anything-goes blog

#3 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:24 PM

Chaarna will be found again in Markessa's fortress. She has a romance option as well.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#4 -Shmotz-

-Shmotz-

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:32 AM

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot.

#5 Aragornchewi

Aragornchewi
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 10:36 PM

Hi!

I tried playing CA a few months ago but I didn't get enough time to get far in the game. Since I'm now a little less busy, I've reinstalled it (version 0.44).

What's already different is Chaarna (a NPC which was not in the previous version I played) asking you to come with her instead of doing the first main quest (well that's what I've understood). If I accept, can I still make that quest with her in the party or am I supposed to refuse her suggestion?
I intend to make a romance with Chaarna so I don't want to mess it up right from the beginning. ^_^

Thanks.

Edited by Aragornchewi, 05 December 2007 - 10:39 PM.

#6 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 05 December 2007 - 11:07 PM

If memory serves, both options (Silver Princess and Sunless Citadel) should be fine for eventually romancing Chaarna. Just that Chaarna won't join you if you do the Sunless Citadel. I don't think the romance has even been written yet, but I could be wrong. Haven't had time to play with the latest patch installed.

I'm kind of partial to the NPCs found in the Silver Princess route, though.

Edited by VIIIofSwords, 05 December 2007 - 11:11 PM.

"What do you do when there is an evil that your justice cannot defeat? Do you continue as you are, and allow the evil to fester? Or do you embrace one evil to defeat an evil greater still?"

"I used to dislike the idea of an unfair universe. Then I got to thinking: what if we did deserve all the awful things that happened to us, and didn't deserve any of the good? Suddenly, I found myself taking comfort in the thought of an inherently hostile and unfair universe."

#7 Aragornchewi

Aragornchewi
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:02 AM

If memory serves, both options (Silver Princess and Sunless Citadel) should be fine for eventually romancing Chaarna. Just that Chaarna won't join you if you do the Sunless Citadel. I don't think the romance has even been written yet, but I could be wrong. Haven't had time to play with the latest patch installed.

I'm kind of partial to the NPCs found in the Silver Princess route, though.

Thanks for the quick answer :)

So I suppose I'll be able to meet Chaarna later in the game if I choose the Citadel. Is the "Silver Princess" thing still available after the Citadel?

#8 VIIIofSwords

VIIIofSwords

• 594 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:44 AM

I think going to one disables the other. It did for me in .43, but I haven't played a .44 game yet. I think this was mentioned in the bugs thread.

As for Chaarna, yeah. Whether you go Silver Princess or Sunless Citadel, you find her later along the game.

#9 Aragornchewi

Aragornchewi
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 12:53 AM

Thank you :)

#10 leahnkain

leahnkain
  • Modder
  • 7658 posts

Donator

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:53 AM

Chaarna?s romance is incomplete. I am unsure if SirBillyBob has included all of her romance banters and flirts yet. (I have been busy focusing on other NPC's?also I don't enjoy writing about love...I prefer writing Althon or Vildamyr...?) There is enough banters now for an enjoyable roleplaying experience. More will be written for high level adventures. I am still toying with the idea of Candella or Aleigha having a romance option.? Candella has an interesting twist in her storyline(I think Aleigha would be easy to write though)but it would be up to the players which one should be a romance and I wouldn't start writing it until I finish up with Kessa and Althon. ...
I am also partial to the Silver Princess NPC's. In the near future their will be an option for Icar to join the group if they take my b route and not go to the swamp. (I am really enjoying writing banters with Rurik, Aleigha and Icar.)
BTW Chaarna has actually been planned longer than most of the NPC's. She didn't make the first cut of NPC's but I have always had some idea what I wanted to do with her. If you play the Palace of the Silver Princess, you will not be able to go to the Sunless Citadel.

Edited by leahnkain, 06 December 2007 - 04:29 AM.

Longing for the old pen and paper modules of the 70's and 80's. Experience AD&D's greatest adventures using the infinity engine: Visit our homepage at http://classicadventuresmod.com/

#11 Sir BillyBob

Sir BillyBob
  • Modder
  • 5315 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:37 AM

Correct, you should not be able to do both mods. Right now, it seems there is a hole that allows you to do both. For Chaarna, it doesn't matter which one. The romance isn't until you rescue her later. Even then, you only have the rest of the slaver mods to do at this point, so the romance won't go far because the game will be complete before her romance is.

Once we have the new Selgaunt city added, you should be able to run through more of her romance (and the other ones as well).

Tired of Bhaal? Try some classics mods instead:
Classic Adventures
Official Classic Adventures Website

#12 Aragornchewi

Aragornchewi
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 06:05 AM

Many thanks for your explanations, guys ^_^

Keep up the good work :coolthumb: