Photo

SMM Auto-DL / Auto-Installer (GUI) / Manual Install / WalkThru

• Please log in to reply
269 replies to this topic

#261 shadow85

shadow85
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:21 AM

I just successfully installed it and got it working ok, although Im not far into it yet. Just wanted to know, if it is possible to use the BG1 GUI? (I think it is much better)

EDIT: Winthorp in at the beginning has two new items, when I right click onn any of them, I get a CTD error.

Edited by shadow85, 05 October 2008 - 06:59 AM.

#262 shadow85

shadow85
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:01 AM

Does anyone know how to change NPC portraits in this mod. I have got the small portrait changed for Imoen by placing the custom portrait in the override folder as ImoenS.bmp. But the large one will not work with ImoenL.bmp.

Also, when I first got Imoen into my party at the beginning she leveled up from level 0 to 1. But her HP goes upto 28, I think thatsway too much for a level 1 character. Is this suppose to happen in this mega mod?

#263 Jarno Mikkola

Jarno Mikkola

The Imp in his pink raincoat.

• 10911 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:49 AM

Is this suppose to happen in this mega mod?

That's a defined no. Something is preventing the script from running to finish.
To fix all those things, you can use Shadowkeeper to your saves. Install the SK and do this:
Just open the Shadowkeeper, push the Settings, choose the installation directory. Then open the save game you wish to make the change. Change to the second char(or to Imoen) from the bottom left lever just above the Change Portrait button, adjust the experience if need be, and then adjust her to have just 1 hit point to Base HP and Current HP, Attacks to 1, Base AC of 10, Thac0 of 20, then make his Levels to be zero, then switch to Characteristics from the upper corner menu that can be browsed with the arrows; choose a class on Class and put a kit on if you wish from the kit lever, and it's Movement speed to 0, then switch to Memorization and remove the possible Wizard spells Max Memorizes, remove all the spells from Innate, Wizard and priest spellbooks on the browsers if there is any, then switch to Saving Throws and make them back to 20, remove any Proficiencies, and put 15 points to one of the Thieves skills. Save the changes and start the game... level him/her up, save and then exit and restart the Shadowkeeper and remove the 1 extra HP from both Base&Current HP's. To change the picture you can do that in the main window where you choose the char, their picture is there... so push the Change Portrait, it gives you menu to change the medium portrait and small portrait separately, so do so. And save, and load the save game in the game.

Deactivated account. The user today is known as The Imp.

#264 shadow85

shadow85
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 12:38 PM

Hey, nah its OK now, it just displays my HP is really high when I level up, but as soon as I get hit the HP goes back down normal. And I found out how to use custom NPC portraits in BGT, just gotta place in override and set the end letter for the large portrait to M, not L.

#265 --The Arcanamach--

--The Arcanamach--

Posted 10 December 2008 - 05:31 PM

Hello. Im trying to download using autoinstaller but I keep getting a message asking me to "Please ensure you have downloaded all the required mods" and the install aborts. All of the mods are in the installer and the installation paths are pointed in the right direction. What am I missing?

#266 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 12 December 2008 - 01:17 AM

The main problem with SMM is, it is not really supported since February 2008. So, I think you have not the right modversions, because in the last 10 month were released many new modversions.

SMM Config v1.25 is updated to the following mod versions:
Weidu-2.04.exe
BG2_Fixpack-v6.exe
BG2_Tweaks-v6.exe
BGT105b_Install.rar
BGTTweak_v7.rar
BPv177a.rar
D0Tweak_v20.exe
DEFJAM_v6.exe
Oversight-v12.exe
Ribalds Genie V2.7.exe
RR_V382.EXE
scsII-v4.exe
scs-v8.exe
SirinesCall_v72_BGT.rar

Most of these mods are updated and there exists newer fixes for them. I think the autoinstaller looks for the old modversions, but you have downloaded newer ones. And therefore you get the incompatibility problems.

I hope somebody will help you, with knowledge about the SMM.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#267 drake

drake
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 05:27 AM

'llo, new problem,
with the imprisoned one, when you cast the ritual scroll, you just get 6xxx copies, rather than actually advancing the quest.
it says "imprisoned one - spell ineffective", so i guess it doesn't penetrate or something.
any solution?

I haven't seen any answer yet, so I'll answer this one (since I've just had the problem myself). Simply removing Spin592.spl and Spin593.spl from the overwrite directory did the trick for me; you might need to remove plot01a.itm and plot01q.itm as well, or you may not; for me at least it didn't cause any problems.

#268 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 06 January 2009 - 11:33 PM

drake, thank you for your solution. :)

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#269 -Toadthroat-

-Toadthroat-

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:20 PM

Is there anyway I can get the auto-installer to install the latest versions of the mods?

#270 rainbow2009

rainbow2009
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 11:04 PM

:cheers:
Nice day you guys. Cheer!!!!!!!!
pret auto

Edited by rainbow2009, 24 April 2009 - 11:05 PM.