[GRAPHICS] Animal Paperdolls - Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:30 AM

1. What do you need? Item, animation, description...?
Paper dolls for shapeshifted forms.  In the vanilla game, when a druid shapeshifts to a bear, or a player uses the Cloak of the Sewers, the paperdoll slot on the inventory screen shows a little picture of a bear or mouse.  mber1inv.bam is an example of such a .bam file

2. Describe the item/whatever in detail! Shape, style, colors...?
Images for the paper doll slot for a: dog, cat, moose, leopard, panther, snake

6. Any deadlines?
Within a month or two

7. What game and what mod is this for?
Baldur's Gate series games, Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

8. Anything else you'd like to mention?
These can also be done as .PLT files, but the .BAM version is all I need since the player's items don't need to show up on the paper doll.

Jan 30: More details on what I'm looking for will be uploaded later today.

Edited by Caedwyr, 22 May 2008 - 05:42 PM.

"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#2 Ilmatar

Ilmatar

is not here anymore.

• 2172 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 04:28 PM

Got what you needed yet? If not, bump for attention! :D

Ilmatar's portraits for the Baldur's Gate series ¤ | ¤ | ¤ Ahem. Ilmatar =/= Ilmater. ¤ | ¤ | ¤ deviantART gallery
Grunting is a perfectly acceptable reaction to being struck with a blunt instrument. -berelinde
And, just out of curiosity, my dear, what *are* you wearing? :D - Tempest to me.

#3 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:56 AM

Nothing yet, so bump.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#4 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:14 AM

Would it help if I gave more details? I can post up some file specifications and samples from the game.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#5 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:36 PM

Would it help if I gave more details? I can post up some file specifications and samples from the game.

Yeah, I think so. This is really more of a job for a portrait-type artist. Once someone produces the drawings, it's a pretty easy job to assemble the BAMs.

Also the title probably isn't helping much. Maybe something like "Animal drawings needed" would attract the right talent.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#6 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:10 PM

:blink: Holy crap, this kitty is one baaaad muthashutyomouth.

badmuthakitty.png

...eh. Needs more actual artwork. But you can't tell me that's not one kickass cat.

Attached Files

#7 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 03 February 2008 - 07:43 AM

Oooh, scary stuff. Looks perfect. Thanks.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#8 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 06:09 PM

'K, got snake done.

PPDSNAKE.png

Attached File  msnkinv.bam   4.79K   303 downloads

...wait, what do you mean that's not what you needed? :huh:

Fine, have it your way. <_<

PPDSNAKE2.png

Attached File  _actual__msnkinv.bam   1.82K   300 downloads

#9 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:52 PM

Looking good, thanks for all the work so far.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#10 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 23 March 2008 - 07:37 PM

I appreciate all the work done so far. I'm hoping someone is interested in finishing off the remaining animals (dog, moose, panther, leopard) so I can bundle these up and release them with the rest of the mod.

Thanks for all the help.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#11 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:06 AM

So, I have some candidates for the leopard, panther and the moose. I was thinking about the dog, but I will need some more specification as to what kind (breed) of dog you are looking for. Here are the .bams in their present state - when I learn how to add them in-game, I will add the finishing touches (size, shadow and recolorng as necessary).

EDIT:typos

Attached Files

Edited by Tassadar88, 09 April 2008 - 02:07 AM.

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#12 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:09 AM

For the dog something wolfhoundish, or other large dogs. Something along the lines of Posted Image.

Thanks for the work on the paper dolls. The mod should be released soonish once I get the last few things from another contributor.

Miloch had this to say about adding new paper dolls for existing creatures http://forums.gibber...s...c=12417&hl=

I think the naming scheme would use the animation prefix (as per anisnd.ids), an optional number, then "inv" (mtroinv.bam seems to be another, though I'm not sure I've ever seen the troll paperdoll work as such... might be kind of cool if it does). The scheme is the same for PLTs (cdfc#inv.plt for example, for various female dwarf clerics where # = a number that varies the paperdoll based on how they're dressed).

So, leopard.bam would be renamed to mgclinv.bam
moose.bam would be renamed to amooinv.bam
panther.bam would be renamed to mgcpinv.bam.

This appears to be how vilkacis got the paper dolls he did into the game.

Edited by Caedwyr, 09 April 2008 - 09:23 AM.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#13 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

Oki, thanks for the fast reply. I expect to get to it in the morning tomorrow and have them all done at the same time. I have also corrected the mooseīs lining today in the evening and it looks much better now.
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#14 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:52 AM

RL has unsurprisingly been surprising me with extra work, but I had a while to work a little more on the bams. These work already (as in they display properly on the character screen) and I am going to add shadows over the weekend and probably recolor the panther as well. The resolution limit is killing me (I am drawing them by pencil 1x1 pixel now, as the converted former pictures looked pretty bad).

I will take a look at the dog on Sunday if I find the time, otherwise next week :)

#15 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:56 AM

RL has unsurprisingly been surprising me with extra work, but I had a while to work a little more on the bams. These work already (as in they display properly on the character screen) and I am going to add shadows over the weekend and probably recolor the panther as well. The resolution limit is killing me (I am drawing them by pencil 1x1 pixel now, as the converted former pictures looked pretty bad).

I will take a look at the dog on Sunday if I find the time, otherwise next week :)

Attached Files

#16 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:14 AM

I appreciate the work and sympathize with the pixel by pixel editing. I know when I've done some poor quality work on spell icons it was incredibly frustrating as I constantly had to modify individual pixels and then load it up in game to see what the effect was.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#17 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:34 AM

I constantly had to modify individual pixels and then load it up in game to see what the effect was.

That is what I am doing right now. I am quite lucky that the game reloads the new bams immediately when I update them in the override, so I just have to alt+tab between bamworkshop and game now.

#18 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 11 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

I wish I'd known that when I was doing my .bam work... I'll keep that in mind when I want to do something similar in the future.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#19 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 12 April 2008 - 09:53 PM

Status update - all four display where they should. Argh no, they donīt in fact. I figured from anisnd.ids that the wardog should be named mdog2inv.bam, but it didnīt display when I named it that. I then tried to name it mdoginv.bam and changed imoen to a wild dog. No go either, so in the end I overwrote the amooinv.bam with the wolfhound for testing. (if someone knows what Iīve been doing wrong, telling me wil prevent my wall from being bashed into :) )
Anyway, here are the updated bams and screenies. Critical feedback will be welcomed, and if possible, implemented. Also, btw, I found I suck at drawing shadows.

Attached Images

• leopard.jpg
  • moose.jpg
  • panther.jpg
  • wolfhound.jpg

Attached Files

#20 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 13 April 2008 - 07:47 AM

They all look decent, though I'm going to have unfortunately ask for a change on the moose one. The animal you've got there is an Elk, not a Moose.

A few example of moose pictures are below:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

As for assigning the correct inventory bam name for the wolfhound, don't worry overmuch. I know which one I'll be wanting to assign it to so I can worry it and get that part working if the graphical part is done. It may require some devSin or Nythrun trickery to get it to work but I'll deal with that when the time comes.

Edit: Actually, taking a closer look it appears you've got a Caribou, not an Elk.

Edited by Caedwyr, 13 April 2008 - 07:57 AM.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit