[GRAPHICS] Animal Paperdolls - Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:13 AM

One more status update - all of the pictures have a bit clearer outlines, I changed the eyes and head of the leopard to make it look less lame, changed the head and hind legs of the panther and this time the moose is actually a moose :)

edit: while uploading, I found that BW2 screwed my moose completely, so I have just redone it from an backup made an hour earlier. AARGH! Now it is not as good as it was before but at least you get the picture.

Attached Images

• leopard.jpg
  • moose.jpg
  • panther.jpg
  • wolfhound.jpg

Attached Files

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#22 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 07:16 AM

These look great, thanks. Are you happy with the current status or will you want to fiddle around with them a bit more?
"Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil." - Ferret

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#23 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:20 AM

It depends. I will be pretty busy tomorrow and the day after, but Friday and on I should be able to give them some finishing touches. On the other hand, if you want to release them (and I know they are waaay past the requested time) go ahead and I can give you updated files so that if/when you should be producing an updated version of the mod, you could add them then. I know that especially the moose could do some more tweaking as I had to redo it in a rush. Also, if I get some more critique, I am quite willing to fiddle with the rest :)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#24 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:37 AM

I'm still waiting on another part of the third party work I need to do the release, so go ahead and finish them up to your satisfaction.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#25 Miloch

Miloch

Barbarian

• Modder
  • 6573 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 09:29 AM

Also, if I get some more critique, I am quite willing to fiddle with the rest :)

They look good, but you might want to darken the edges of the ones that aren't already dark, otherwise they tend to blend into the background. I do this with BAMs as a standard practice; they can look edgy sometimes without it.

Infinity Engine Contributions
Aurora * BG1 NPC * BG1 Fixpack * Haiass * Infinity Animations * Level 1 NPCs * P5Tweaks
PnP Free Action * Thrown Hammers * Unique Containers * BG:EE * BGII:EE * IWD:EE
================================================================
Player & Modder Resources
BAM Batcher * Creature Lister * Creature Checker * Creature Fixer * Tutu/BGT Area Map & List * Tutu Mod List
================================================================
"Infinity turns out to be the opposite of what people say it is. It is not 'that which has nothing beyond itself' that is infinite, but 'that which always has something beyond itself'." -Aristotle

#26 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 01:53 PM

For some reason when I use the cat and snake paper dolls in game, the background isn't the tanish parchment it normally is, but all white. I'm sure this is just some transparency setting issue, but I'm not sure how to fix it.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#27 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 01:13 AM

If you need it really fast, I can recolor them - it is basically two clicks in bamworkshop, but otherwise I would rather wait of Vilkacis.
If you have BAM workshop (1 or 2) the color you want to set is the turquise one on the very left in the color menu.

Edited by Tassadar88, 20 May 2008 - 01:14 AM.

#28 vilkacis

vilkacis

Rashemen REPRESENT! Word to yo hamsta!

• Modder
  • 1571 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:20 AM

I have no idea why that happens. All my screens come from in-game tests, so obviously the transparency worked for me.

Feel free to do whatever you need to get them to work if you still want them, but you should probably replace at least the cat with a side view image so it meshes with the rest.

...on a side note, it amuses me terribly that the solid snake bam has almost as many downloads as the regular snake. I kind of wonder what people do with it...

#29 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 03:53 AM

...on a side note, it amuses me terribly that the solid snake bam has almost as many downloads as the regular snake. I kind of wonder what people do with it...

well... a good part of them might have been me, as I was using them both when I was trying to find out how to make the bams usable ingame <_<

#30 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

I've tried fiddling around with it in Bamworkshop, but I seem to be missing something here. Do I convert it to unpaletted and then make it paletted and set the transparency to the turquoise? Everything looked ok on the files when I open them in an editor, but it doesn't work in the game. If you wouldn't mind Tassadar88, I'd appreciate it if you made the fix on your end to the snake and cat paperdolls as your other paperdolls worked just fine for me.

Thanks.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit

#31 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 01:14 AM

They were actually displaying funny when I loaded them in BGII - the two parts were misaligned, but the colour was fine. I resaved them however, and I centered the snake a little in DLTCEP, as a part of it was a bit off the screen.
Tell me if you still have the background colour issues.

EDIT: Sorry, I was not being very clear. Turquoise is transparency in BamWorkshop I, In BW2 it is the white with a blue stripe across it. Any Bam is always palleted (unless I am an idiot) and I think (not 100 percent sure again) that the only difference is compressed vs. uncompressed, where BGII uses compressed and other IE games use uncompressed.

Attached Files

Edited by Tassadar88, 21 May 2008 - 01:20 AM.

#32 Caedwyr

Caedwyr

Wraith Editor

• 962 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 05:06 PM

They all work as intended, Thanks.

PnP Celestials
Geomantic Sorcerer Kit