Combat music issues

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Daelric

Daelric
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

Hi there,

I just got finished installing a mega-mod using BigMoshi's "The Standard Mega-Mod Package Installation Guide" and everything seems to be working fine except for a couple things to do with music. i started a brand new game, and I'm in the first area of the game, where Gorion gets fubar'd by Sarevok. I'm running around with Imoen and 2 strange things seem to be happening with the music:

A) the ambient, pastoral wilderness music seems to rtansition very abruptly when changing tracks... I remember in the original game music transitions were pretty much imperceptible, but now it's really obvious, alomost like a new track is starting to play just before the first one is finished. I'm no expert, but that's just what it seems like to me and is the best way I can describe it :P

B) the really annoying part; (A) I could handle, but (B) is a deal breaker (so far)... I've got no combat music! I've gotten into a few fights on this map (diseased gibberling, a wolf, a bunch of hobgoblins) and combat music hasn't fired up for any of the fights... it just keeps playing the pastoral wilderness music. Granted I haven't tried moving on to a new area yet to see if the problem persists, and I would do that, but I've only got time to post this quick and then head to work for 8 hours, so I'm hoping that if the problem persists even in new areas, there will at least be some suggestions here by the time I get home :P

Thanks for all the hard work!

Attached Files

#2 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 05:50 PM

Hi Daelric, I did some testing, and I faced the same problem as you with the combat music when I installed the option for "Full Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast Music". I suggest you either uninstall it or choose the "Hybrid Baldur?s Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal music", as they both seem to work fine.

Hope this helps.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#3 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

That component works perfectly by itself, so an incompatibility problem is the issue here. BG1NPC Music Pack works fine with the BGT Music, so it isn't that. I'm unsure about what other mods might be doing to the music.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#4 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:13 AM

Hello,

I was trying to find the BGT music mod but I wasn't successful, where can I find it pls?

#5 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:43 AM

Do you mean this one download here ? (textscreen music only)

Other than that, this is taken from the readme of bgt 1.05, of which what you seek is probably a part.

Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music Music is installed during Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU installation, but is not activated. To activate Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music, switch to your Baldur's Gate Trilogy installation directory and run Setup-BGTMusic.exe. Select one of the two options when prompted.

The "Full Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music" component activates all original Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music. If you play Shadows of Amn and/or Throne of Bhaal with this component installed, the music heard will be incorrect. For best results, when you decide that you want to play Shadows of Amn and/or Throne of Bhaal, uninstall this component to restore the default music for Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal.

The "Hybrid Baldur's Gate/Shadows of Amn/Throne of Bhaal music" component compromises the inability of having all the Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast, Shadows of Amn, and Throne of Bhaal music together throughout the entire game. Installing this component keeps all music for Shadows of Amn and Throne of Bhaal, but activates only some music for Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast. Effort has been made to ensure the music is as appropriate as possible for each area.

If you do not install any component, then no Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music will be heard in the corresponding portion of the game. The music heard during Baldur's Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast will sound inappropriate.

If you intend to install other modifications on top of Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU, it is recommended you install this modification as close to the end of the installation chian as possible. This will allow you to uninstall this modification without much hassle, and prevents possible compatibility issues.

Hope this helps

EDIT:typos killed, bolded for emphasis ;)

Edited by Tassadar88, 08 January 2008 - 07:56 AM.

The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#6 bigmoshi

bigmoshi
  • Modder
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:43 AM

Btw, if you are referring to the "Baldur’s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music" that Tassadar88 mentioned, then it appears as "Setup-BGTMusic.exe" once you install BGT.

"[You are] the foe of my foe, friend of my friend, by the first sapling that rose where Shilmista now stands, and by the shadow it will cast before all things will end, I swear to give my blood for you." - Kivan when we meet Imanel Silversword.

bigmoshiteam2.jpg

@ SMM Auto DL / Auto-Installer / Manual Install / Walkthru - based on Erebusant's installation @
@ Infinity Explorer v0.85 (Some fixes for v0.75/v0.80) @
@ Future of MegaMods? - Working with Mega-Modification Installations - by Ascension64 @

#7 kovarex

kovarex
  • 68 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 02:03 PM

Btw, if you are referring to the "Baldur?s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music" that Tassadar88 mentioned, then it appears as "Setup-BGTMusic.exe" once you install BGT.

Oh, I didn't notice the setup was created by bgt, I thought it is some special mod, thank you very much for the help

#8 Ascension64

Ascension64
  • Modder
  • 5983 posts

Posted 08 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Btw, if you are referring to the "Baldur?s Gate and Tales of the Sword Coast music" that Tassadar88 mentioned, then it appears as "Setup-BGTMusic.exe" once you install BGT.

Oh, I didn't notice the setup was created by bgt, I thought it is some special mod, thank you very much for the help

Yeah, the method I use doesn't create another copy of WeiDU until after installation, which reduces the archive file size when downloading.

--------------
Retired Modder
Note: I do not respond to profile comments/personal messages in regards to troubleshooting my modifications. Please post on the public forums instead.

Baldur's Gate Trilogy-WeiDU and Mods
Throne of Bhaal Extender (TobEx)

Contributions: (NWN2) A Deathstalker (voice acting) - (IWD2) IWD2 NPC Project (soundset editing) - (Misc) SHS PC Soundsets (voice acting)
Legacy: (BG/Tutu/BGT) Beregost Crash Fixer 1.9 (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Enable conversations with charmed/dominated creatures (18 Jul 10) - (BG2) Experience Corrections (18 Jul 10) - (Misc) Platform Conversion Utility RC2 (13 Feb 10)

#9 Slerak

Slerak
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:31 AM

Hello guys,

I recently installed a portion of the megamod...bgtosc, patch, bgtob, patch, npcdamage, ts, sos, tdd, bpv177, bgtv105b, bgt105bpatch, and worldmap in that order. (never did the tweaks, was never able to find out info about them?)

Ok, my sound did not work. I read this thread, then I ran the setup.exe for bgmusic. I chose from the options the hybrid sound. I have played shadow of amn, but never thrown of bhaal. During combat this did not fix my saved games music problem. I then (without uninstall) ran setup.exe again this time chose the full bg and tales music. When i went back, still no battle sound. Next, I tried 3 more tries, nothing. So i copied the music folder from my bg1 install, and paste it to the bg2 install, and it ask file already exist, rewrite...I did, and then i started a new game.

Much improvement, however the battle music is still not from the first game, but i do have battle music now, but i miss the music from the first tosc.

Does anyone have any ideas for a fix to this sound? Maybe i should try one mod a time and find the one causing it to not work?

Ok, one last ?

My Khalid and imoen speak different in this game, Khalid like "bugs bunny" saying "thats all folks" and Imoen, like a little child. Even Jaheira is talking about pressing pantaloon pants, Its funny at first, but how to restore them back to the sounds i have in associated with them from bg1, as after a few minutes of clicking them, it gets to be too much?

Thanks again.

#10 Tassadar88

Tassadar88

Templar in Flames

• 1302 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:11 AM

My Khalid and imoen speak different in this game, Khalid like "bugs bunny" saying "thats all folks" and Imoen, like a little child. Even Jaheira is talking about pressing pantaloon pants, Its funny at first, but how to restore them back to the sounds i have in associated with them from bg1, as after a few minutes of clicking them, it gets to be too much?
Thanks again.

Umm, these *are* the correct sounds for BGI AFAIK. I remember having heard an extra line from Imoen I had not know before (Please kind sirs, I´m sorry for what I´ve done, but a girl´s gotta eat you know) but the rest is just as I had known :)
The Mind is its own place and in itself - can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven. -John Milton, Paradise lost

#11 Slerak

Slerak
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 03:18 AM

Umm, these *are* the correct sounds for BGI AFAIK. I remember having heard an extra line from Imoen I had not know before (Please kind sirs, I´m sorry for what I´ve done, but a girl´s gotta eat you know) but the rest is just as I had known :)
[/quote]

Yeah, thats the verse Imoen is saying, but i played bgtosc and played thru durlagtower upto 1/2 the city of baldursgate, and she never said that line. Now in all spots she say that when i clik her, i can handle her, but jaheria pressing pantaloon pants....I never heard that one, maybe its just the difference in version, as before i played 3 disc tosc, and now i have the 4 disk dvd version of all the games...

Still, is there anyway to enter the sounds folder and delete the lines from jaheria, khalid, and imoen that i dont like? thanks in advance.

#12 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:45 AM

I recently installed a portion of the megamod...bgtosc, patch, bgtob, patch, npcdamage, ts, sos, tdd, bpv177, bgtv105b, bgt105bpatch, and worldmap in that order. (never did the tweaks, was never able to find out info about them?)

Is it not better to have the following install order?

bgtosc + patch
bgtob + patch
bg2 fixpack v6 (you forget this)
tdd v1.12
sos v1.12
ts (you have BP v6.10 or v7.02 ?)
bgt v1.05b + bgt1.05bpatch
bp v1.77a + TOBFix
worldmap + consolidated patch

npcdamage we have not tested yet.

We recommend this order.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World

#13 Slerak

Slerak
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for all the help guys....and nice to meet you all.

Leomar, I am new to the modding, and I did miss the facts about the fixpack. (I just heard of bgt from a baldursgate search i did while locating the patches, and discovered this all. My search about bgt lead me to this nice forum, and the downloads section I found to be hard to figure out what files i need no matter what, and what is optional. (also search feature of forum is not working for me, so hard for newbie to search about the mods, the links work when i find mods, but if i just search it shows error.

I have ts v 6.10 just now from looking at your post discovered the other one, i will get that one.

Im no expert on any of this, but I can say as a newbie to playing a modded bg world it can be a bit much to decipher thru all the readme and stuff, but your install order is a great list for me to try. Actually, i been hoping someone could reccomend me a list to start from, this is great. I have most of those mods, i will download the rest and install in that order.

THanks again,

back to topic:::any way to modify or delete lines of characters, so i can delete the "thats all folks from Khalid, and the pentaloony pants from Jaheria?

and, Can a advanced user start and pin a thread called, ""newbie start here"" and list a basic install order of the current tested mods for a decent gaming experience. Maybe there is one, but i have not found it yet...thanks.

Edited by Slerak, 09 April 2008 - 01:26 AM.

#14 Leomar

Leomar
  • 1720 posts

Posted 09 April 2008 - 08:21 AM

I have ts v 6.10 just now from looking at your post discovered the other one, i will get that one.

For BGT and BP use "TS-BP v6.10". The v7.02 is a stand alone variation.

and, Can a advanced user start and pin a thread called, ""newbie start here"" and list a basic install order of the current tested mods for a decent gaming experience. Maybe there is one, but i have not found it yet...thanks.

Why you don't start a thread like "Help by install order" or "What should I install" for yourself. We will help you with install orders or other questions you have.

Greetings Leomar
A Megamod does not mean that you can play all of the mods or all of their content,
but you have more choices or paths through the game.
- Chevalier

BiG World Project - Big Baldur's Gate World