16 replies to this topic

#1 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 25 December 2007 - 06:27 AM

If you find 'em, they go here.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods
TolkienAcrossTheWater website
TolkienAcrossTheWater Forum

#2 Ajnos

Ajnos
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 May 2008 - 07:33 PM

Okay, lately whenever I go to find Aidan after talking to Selma, he immediately makes for the south exit and leaves. As in, I get close enough to see him and he starts walking. I click on him and get the "[He's] appears busy." Eventually, he disappears. So, do I need higher Rep or something? I didn't recall that I did previously, but I usually do his quest later otherwise he runs out of things to say before... blah-blah quest.

#3 -Guest-

-Guest-

Posted 04 August 2008 - 12:56 PM

Had the same problem as the previous poster. Because of this bug, the game crashes during nighttime the next time you enter the graveyard. I think it's because the area script (b!ar0800.baf) is trying to activate "B!Aidan" when the creature has left.

also, a minor grammatical error in b!aidan.tra:

@246 = ~And that is the charge I would place upon thee: to restore this sacred artifact to the its place in the temple that has fallen into shadow.~

#4 Ankhes

Ankhes
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:03 PM

I've had Aidan's quest successfully once before. Now in 2 new games he does the same thing as stated above. He walks out of the cemetery and if I click on him he "appears busy." And it doesn't matter that my pc is good or neutral or evil. I used SK to play around and see and it makes no difference. He still leaves. Bummer.

#5 Hoppy

Hoppy

Mage Hunter

• 2107 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 09:00 PM

Hi B,

I have noticed that if Aidan leaves like the above posters described, it is because player 1 can't be seen. Hopefully we can get some more info on that from others as I do not have a lot of time to play mods right now.

For example, equipping items that give invisible effects will cause him to leave and force talking him will get the "is busy" text.

Hope that was some help to anyone with the problem if they encounter it. ;)
?May God defend me from my friends; I can defend myself from my enemies.? - Voltaire

"If you think that a size of the mod indicates an amount of bugs that it introduces and their severity you're totally wrong...
Try not to use next time a load of shitty "super-mega-improving-tweaking-revising" small mods that you have installed and try to meet Wulfgar once again."
- King Diamond

Posted Image The Definitive Guide to Trolls

"Finding food and a place to sleep is your own business. I imagine Paul the Cat should have some fun with you, too" - Potencius in The Darkest Day
"You have been warned, little bastard!" -Khelben to a young <CHARNAME>in Check the Bodies
There are those who will snivel, and offer nothing in return except criticism, meanwhile never lifting a finger to do other than to cut other peoples labor down simply for the fact that they lack the capability to put anything of their own together. -erebusant

#6 Keryvian

Keryvian
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 06:04 AM

I also had the problem with Aidan leaving the graveyard and being unable to talk to him. My Player1 was not invisible.

I poked around a little and I think I know what is happening. If you complete the quest for Kamir, the paladin in the graveyard before Aidan is spawned, Aidan will leave the graveyard and you will not be able to talk to him. If you have not talked to Kamir first, Aidan should work as expected.

I could work around the issue by changing the Global variable KAMIRWARD to 0 and respawning Aidan, but I didn't want to reactivate Kamir's quest. A better solution was to change the Class script in Aidan's creature file from KAMIR.BCS to NONE. When I did this and then respawned Aidan, everything worked fine.

#7 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 03:59 PM

The notebook entry after the first midnight visit from Aidan appears to be truncated.

It says, roughly, that Aidan was distracted by dryads and failed to complete his last mission, delivering a holy mace to the temple of Amuantor. I have agreed.

Presumably it is 'I have agreed to help him complete his mission' or something like that is intended.

Edited by lac, 08 December 2008 - 04:00 PM.

#8 lac

lac
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 December 2008 - 04:25 AM

Meeting Aidon outdoors, I think the second meeting, he wants to describe his lost mace to me. Ok. If you select the dialog options ....that and it will likely be in the hands of a lich
or ...Is it likely the lich will use it against us?

Aidan tells you that no undead can wield it, but doesn't then either a) leave or b) get back to a menu with more talk options. He just stands there, and is unwilling to talk with you. All the other choices give you a chance to have Aidan stay and talk a bit.

#9 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:21 PM

I believe I've found a typo in TP2.
Line 110, MONHP instead of MINHP1.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

#10 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 06:44 PM

You'd think that, wouldn't you? So did I, when I was looking for an item that would prevent a character from reaching zero hp. Turns out that MINHP does something else, and that MONHP was the item I wanted.

But thanks for pointing that out! It's cool that folks read the tp2.

Turns out that there have been some posts while I was not signing on so often.

Meeting Aidon outdoors, I think the second meeting, he wants to describe his lost mace to me. Ok. If you select the dialog options ....that and it will likely be in the hands of a lich
or ...Is it likely the lich will use it against us?

Aidan tells you that no undead can wield it, but doesn't then either a) leave or b) get back to a menu with more talk options. He just stands there, and is unwilling to talk with you. All the other choices give you a chance to have Aidan stay and talk a bit.

The lich can't use it against you. When you get it, you'll see why.

I'll have to look into that, about the not leaving. It's been a while, I'm afraid, so I dont quite remember how that talk was supposed to end. Sorry.

Presumably it is 'I have agreed to help him complete his mission' or something like that is intended.

Yes, your journal should probably say that you agreed to help him with his quest. I'll see about getting that updated.

I could work around the issue by changing the Global variable KAMIRWARD to 0 and respawning Aidan, but I didn't want to reactivate Kamir's quest. A better solution was to change the Class script in Aidan's creature file from KAMIR.BCS to NONE. When I did this and then respawned Aidan, everything worked fine.

Gah. That really is inexcusable. I copied the CRE on the fly from one I knew was a paladin and wearing plate mail. It's an easy fix. I'll change the script assignment in the tp2.

"Imagination is given to man to console him for what he is not; a sense of humor, for what he is." - Oscar Wilde

berelinde's mods

#11 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 14 February 2009 - 11:01 PM

Turns out that MINHP does something else, and that MONHP was the item I wanted.

But I haven't found the item with that name in my game...

#12 Gregor

Gregor
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:39 AM

Thank Helm for mod forums! I'd played the mod through once before, but this time I was having a problem with the game crashing to desktop while trying to enter the graveyard at night. Suspecting it might have something to do with a certain ghost I knew I was supposed to meet but hadn't yet, I came here to find that the problem was indeed with this mod, and, moreover, what was causing it.

My knowledge of Near Inifinity is basic in the extreme, but I thought I'd take a whack at fixing the issue, since it seemed fairly simple. Unfortunately, I didn't know how to change the script to NONE, but since all that was needed was to change it from Kamir to a different paladin who didn't have anything to do, I changed it to Ajantis' script (the guy pretty much just dies in SoA, right?), and crossed my fingers.

Getting around the graveyard CTD was a little more troubling, but a little snooping in Shadowkeeper turned up the Aidanexists global, which was set to 1. Crossing my toes, I set it to 0, saved the game, and loaded back up.

All worked like a charm. Aidan was where he was supposed to be, he said the things he was supposed to say, and since we're only more or less one talk away from the resolution to his quest, I think it's safe to say that I done good. I always used to dream of being a modder; now, I ARE one! :woot:

By the way, I know this isn't the proper place for gushing praise, but I LOVE this mod. The quest is simple but important, the dialogue is EXTREMELY well written, and Aidan is a marvelously poignant creation. My only beef is that Amauntor should let me keep the damn mace, especially given all I've done for him. Failing that, it would be nice if some mention were made of the battle with Bodhi, and how useful the mace would be during that, after which it could be delivered to Amauntor. But these are just quibbles. Kudos on a job extremely well done. :Bow:
Don't ask questions best left to aged sages. Boo is quick and evasive, and there is ever so much of Minsc to search, there is no hope of getting us apart."

#13 --Ajnos--

--Ajnos--

Posted 25 March 2009 - 07:49 AM

Gah. That really is inexcusable. I copied the CRE on the fly from one I knew was a paladin and wearing plate mail. It's an easy fix. I'll change the script assignment in the tp2.

The version number hasn't changed, is this Kamir problem still an issue?

#14 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 04 April 2009 - 07:40 PM

Yep, it's still an issue. I'll see if I can version up tomorrow night, and fix it.

berelinde's mods

#15 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 07:20 AM

Hang on.... Ajnos, you're an experienced beta-tester. You're no stranger to editing the odd tp2. You can fix it yourself in about a minute, so here's the fix (at least for the Kamir problem... have't got a clue what's up with the spawning issue, so I'll have to investigate that later).

Open up the tp2, and look for the block that begins COPY_EXISTING ~kamir.cre~ ~override/b!aidan.cre~ and ends with SAY INITIAL_MEETING @5

Replace that whole block with this
COPY_EXISTING ~kamir.cre~ ~override/b!aidan.cre~
  ADD_CRE_ITEM ~sw2h01~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~WEAPON1~ EQUIP
  ADD_CRE_ITEM ~monhp~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~AMULET~
  ADD_CRE_ITEM ~ghost~ #0 #0 #0 ~IDENTIFIED~ ~LRING~
  WRITE_ASCII 0x248 ~b!aidans~ #8 // assign override script
  WRITE_ASCII 0x250 ~~ #8		 // assign class script to null from kamir.bcs
  WRITE_ASCII 0x2cc ~b!aidan~ #8 // assign dialogue file
  WRITE_ASCII 0x280 ~b!aidan~ #32 // assign DV
  WRITE_ASCII 0X34 ~b!aidans~ #8 //small portrait
  WRITE_BYTE 0x2c 105  //metal color (white)
  WRITE_BYTE 0x2d 105  //minor color (white)
  WRITE_BYTE 0x2e 105  //major color (white)
  WRITE_BYTE 0x2f 13   //skin color (light pure silver)
  WRITE_BYTE 0x30 105  //leather color (white)
  WRITE_BYTE 0x31 105  //armor color (white)
  WRITE_BYTE 0x32 10   //hair color (light pure gold)
  SAY NAME1 @4
  SAY NAME2 @4
  SAY INITIAL_MEETING @5

Install the mod, and you should be good to go.

berelinde's mods

#16 ScuD

ScuD
  • 492 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 05:37 PM

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. I'd still insist that Aidan should have either MONHP1 or MONHP01 :) There's no item called MONHP in the game.

#17 berelinde

berelinde

Troublemaker

• Modder
  • 4916 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

We'll see what we can do about that. If I'm going to version up to fix the incompat with Vic's mod, then I can take care of this then.

berelinde's mods